Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 11:36:55 PM EDT
Since I'm sure they are all Liberals, I can see a certain bit of justice in this.

http://kxan.com/2016/04/19/neighbors-dont-want-to-lose-parking-space-for-bike-lanes/

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a hipsterocolypse
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
lulz
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Bicyclists in Austin are another protected class.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
They did that in Peoria IL, mainly to allow a rich and vibrant group of teens to not have to use the sidewalks. Odd, they don't use the bike lanes either.

What to do, what to do...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They did that in Peoria IL, mainly to allow a rich and vibrant group of teens to not have to use the sidewalks. Odd, they don't use the bike lanes either.

View Quote
Tax and enforce traffic laws.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]
A21
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
They need to elect new city and county managers.

I can't help them.

They did this to themselves.

Hope they find new parking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Reap what the sow. That neighborhood is riddled with Bernie signs in front lawns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Same things happening here, and just because a locale is DOMINATED by liberals doesn't mean that the entire locale IS liberal.
Here there's a transportation advisory council that's heavily dominated by bicyclists.
They admit that their prioritization of transportation is in this order: bicycles, pedestrians, mass transit and then private automobiles
A couple of main routes through town were converted over to having bike lanes and speed bumps.
I guess no one was paying attention to the public notices or meetings about the project because the howls of protest didn't start til after the work was completed
Of course by then the city told the protesting residents that they should have attended the meetings
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah...because bicyclists ALWAYS STAY in the "bike lane"...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in the belly of the beast. The lanes are fucking stupid. They appear and disappear without rhyme or reason. I'll be on a street, turning right and BAM! Bike lane...'Hmmmm, I've never even seen a bike on this road before'. It's like they had a Oprah quota or something. " a bike lane for you, a bike lane for you, a bike lane for you.

Yes, I can understand them in high foot traffic areas like the Drag or downtown, but on 290, past Oak Hill?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I can't help them.

View Quote

This.

I heard a discussion on the local radio station about how Austin is starting to lose out of capital investments because no one with money trusts the city government. At least Will Wynn was willing to do business.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Considering where most of the new  Austin residents are coming from it is called Californicating the city.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#17]
we have a bunch of them here. We even have a 2 lane bike lane. take a guess where the bike riders still ride? In the fucking road.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Same thing happened in NYC.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Bikers should begin paying taxes in the form of registration, sales tax and tolls (in lieu of a gas tax) while equally reducing all those said taxes for vehicles.That proposal should end this discussion quickly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Vote for people promising happy horseshit, expect happy horseshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reap what the sow. That neighborhood is riddled with Bernie signs in front lawns.
View Quote

Fuck those guys.

Waitaminnit, I live in that neighborhood!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Saw the same sh*t happen in San Francisco.  Traffic got constricted because of bike lanes. When I took a bike, I found quiet areas with few cars.  Yeah I climbed more hills, but that's part of the workout.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Bike lanes in regular roads are idiotic, more of a political statement than a place for bicyclists to ride safely.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I never see anyone actually using those bike lanes in Peoria either .
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Saw the same sh*t happen in San Francisco.  Traffic got constricted because of bike lanes. When I took a bike, I found quiet areas with few cars.  Yeah I climbed more hills, but that's part of the workout.
View Quote

If they would widen the roadway, erase all lane markings, there would be plenty of room for everyone to play. But then they wouldn't be able to suck each other's dicks that they did something "green".

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#26]
CDOT decided that, in order to slow traffic on the main highway through town, they would put in bike lanes.  So they used some pavement grinding tool to remove the existing paint from the road and repainted the fog line, dotted lines and  yellow lines, thus creating bike lanes...on the HIGHWAY.

Now, the ground out strips of highway pull your vehicle into them and they are noisy, too.  Vehicular traffic now has considerably narrower lanes, less space for error, and I guess they expect the cyclists to be used as speed bumps in order to get traffic to slow down through town.

Brilliant.

Oh, and I've read that Boulder already tried the bike lane thing and has gotten rid of much of 'em due to public outcry.

{Frank Underwood rapping ring on desk twice} "Good"
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Whew...for a minute there I thought we might actually go a week without a "I hate cyclists" thread.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Whew...for a minute there I thought we might actually go a week without a "I hate cyclists" thread.

View Quote

When bicyclists quit being ass-clowns in traffic, the threads will end.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.

I heard a discussion on the local radio station about how Austin is starting to lose out of capital investments because no one with money trusts the city government. At least Will Wynn was willing to do business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't help them.

This.

I wouldn't doubt it.  All you have to do is look up Mike Martinez to figure out what is wrong with Austin's city council.  That guy needs a dry corn cob enema applied daily and he's the face of the council.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Now, the ground out strips of highway pull your vehicle into them and they are noisy, too.  Vehicular traffic now has considerably narrower lanes, less space for error, and I guess they expect the cyclists to be used as speed bumps in order to get traffic to slow down through town.

Brilliant.
View Quote

Yes, those are called sleeping cyclists. They're cheaper than speedbumps and a renewable resource.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#32]
California just gave them the right lane on all 2+ lane roads and priority access to the entire regular travel lane on single lane roads.

Especially frustrating when they take advantage of it by going 10mph in a 35+ holding up traffic. When traffic backs up, they go around all the stopped cars to the head of the line then shoot out in front of a now even longer line of cars.

Keep in mind most roads already had bike lanes. Not satisfied with that, they gave them a whole traffic lane. I STILL occasionally see bikes in the non bike lane.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent! So we can expect these threads to end some time after the Pope declares Aleister Crowley a saint of the Catholic Church.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Green lanes also...Porkland is ahead of the curve...
Bikers get away with most anything...once a year the mayor cracks down...for one day. Then? Back to bicycle anarchy.
<----and I bike

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Same things happening here, and just because a locale is DOMINATED by liberals doesn't mean that the entire locale IS liberal.
Here there's a transportation advisory council that's heavily dominated by bicyclists.
They admit that their prioritization of transportation is in this order: bicycles, pedestrians, mass transit and then private automobiles
A couple of main routes through town were converted over to having bike lanes and speed bumps.
I guess no one was paying attention to the public notices or meetings about the project because the howls of protest didn't start til after the work was completed
Of course by then the city told the protesting residents that they should have attended the meetings
View Quote

We had a freeway spur that went from steady 2 lanes rebuilt and changed to 3 lanes to 1 as it joined the freeway. They initially said it wouldn't be changes but with the daily mile long backups and outcry they decided to change the lane markings back to 2 lanes before the city traffic engineers were tarred and feathered.

They also tried to say that personal vehicles get free use of the roads so mass transit should take precedence.  That argument got shortstopped when it was pointed out that we pay over 30 cents in road use tax for every gallon of gas.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Seattle gone full retard

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Austin has been putting in bike lanes for years.  The dumb ass issue is living somewhere/shopping somewheere that does not provide parking, but instead feeling that you are entitled to make the city provide it for you.  They also started putting in meters wherever they could.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Why is that full retard?  It keeps bikes out of the car lanes and should eliminate the majority of GD's complaints about bikes slowing down traffic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Considering where most of the new  Austin residents are coming from it is called Californicating the city.
View Quote

Most of the new Austin residents are from other parts of TX.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#40]
To the Texas ASSCLOWN last month that refused to see that Texas is going BLUE. Went on a rant.

They have been moving in just like they did in NH.

You are losing your state to Illegals, socalled migrant Muslims, and to the FSA types.

Its too late now. So. Just STFU and bend over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top