Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 9:25:36 PM EDT
I have been feeling like shit the past couple days with sinus drainage and a sore throat. Today I grabbed a shower and had some errands to run before I went to work. I get out of my car at one of the places and immediately have a spasm in my back.  Couldn't walk or breathe. It felt like it was twisting me up. Not knowing wtf just happened I went and conducted my business all the while having more spasms. Get back in the car and they are getting worse. Looking left and right to check for traffic and boom, spasm. I say fuck it and head to the house. Wife gives me a zanaflex and I lay down on my back and only then do they somewhat relax. I slept for like 3 hours and having a couple during that time. Now that I am up though I can barely type this on my phone without having a couple hit me. Standing up, sitting down, reaching forward to get a drink or eat anything and BAM a fucking spasm.

I have no idea what is causing this. I guess I could be dehydrated or pinched a nerve perhaps.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Backs can act up crazy like.  Wife bent over to pick something up from the nightstand once - that's all - and ended up being carried out by an ambulance crew - spasm spasm spasm.  Took a shot of a narcotic, muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, and something else to get her relief.  Then she was down for about 5 days.  If it isn't a disc that blew out on you, you may have to rest and pop some ibuprofen for a couple of days . . . and muscle relaxers if you have them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Rub some dirt on it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
800mg motrin 2x/day for a week. Helps when my back goes fucky from my compressed disc.

edit: yea ranger candy does actually work sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
collapsed lung
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Potassium and electrolytes. Ibuprofen helps too
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Did the nasal problems include some sneezing?  Sneezing can fuck up your back.

RIck
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Head to the Doc and get some Flexeril.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
No I haven't sneezed any with the drainage and all that. It's eased up some but still will hit me all of a sudden if I move this way or that. Sucks because I just opened a little gun store and making kydex holsters and have quite a bit of stuff to make for people.  I can't tell if the zanaflex I'm taking is actually helping or just putting me to sleep. Couple people have suggested going to the chiropractor, guess I'll give that a shot next.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Kidney stone?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Backs can act up crazy like.  Wife bent over to pick something up from the nightstand once - that's all - and ended up being carried out by an ambulance crew - spasm spasm spasm.  Took a shot of a narcotic, muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, and something else to get her relief.  Then she was down for about 5 days.  If it isn't a disc that blew out on you, you may have to rest and pop some ibuprofen for a couple of days . . . and muscle relaxers if you have them.
View Quote

When you are young, you can help a friend load 90 hay bales on a flat bed;

When your old, your back remembers what you did that day

I FUCKED UP MY BACK, THE PAIN

What did you do? I reached for my toothbrush!

The back spasms to protect it from further damage (as I understand). It stops you from doing an further damage.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like you have disc problems. I had a herniation at L4-L-5 and it was excruciating.  The back spasms were incredibly painful.  If yours didn't actually herniate yet then your back is giving you warning signs that you should listen to.

Go to a doctor, get a diagnosis, and do any exercises they give you.  You have a ticking time bomb in your back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The back spasms to protect it from further damage (as I understand). It stops you from doing an further damage.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm.

Never really thought about it like that.

Makes sense though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top