Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 10:41:13 PM EDT
Excuse my ignorance.

Its starting to sound like this thing will be history.

This mean cheap mags and exotic ,foreign, military type rifles will be cheap and plentifull again??
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, it means you can then buy HK's, Sig%550's (in semi auto ofcourse), uzi's, and those glorious Hi-cap mags to acompany them![;)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yep, it means you can then buy HK's, Sig%550's (in semi auto ofcourse), uzi's, and those glorious Hi-cap mags to acompany them![;)]
View Quote

I hope you're kidding.  Imported weapons are controlled by the '89 ban.  Not the '94 AWB.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Not quite.

This the the 'assault weapon ban' of '94, not the import ban of '89, two completely different bans.

The import ban would stay, so foreign made rifles and 'assault' pistol would still be off limits, but domestics would be good to go.  And the low cap. mags would go away for foreign and domestics.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not quite.

This the the 'assault weapon ban' of '94, not the import ban of '89, two completely different bans.

The import ban would stay, so foreign made rifles and 'assault' pistol would still be off limits, but domestics would be good to go.  And the low cap. mags would go away for foreign and domestics.
View Quote

Damn bush Sr to HELL!!!![devil]  Ok ok, so if a forein weaps were prodused by say, HK in america then htey would be cool?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok ok, so if a forein weaps were prodused by say, HK in america then htey would be cool?
View Quote

Sure, but HK building civvie guns in America?
Being the eternal pessimist that I am, I'd have to say that the chances of that happening hover just above ZERO.  Yes I'm aware of the rumor of a US plant, but IF that does happen, don't expect HK to pump out civvie guns, as if they actually care about that particular market...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
need sleep lol So I deleted that I am sleepy
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
HKocher said "This the the 'assault weapon ban' of '94, not the import ban of '89, two completely different bans.

The import ban would stay, so foreign made rifles and 'assault' pistol would still be off limits, but domestics would be good to go. And the low cap. mags would go away for foreign and domestics."

100% correct!  NEXT on our agenda is to have the  phrase "not particularly suitable for sporting purposes" removed from our laws.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The "however" would be that you could turn your SARs, CETMEs, G-3 clones and others into real AWs if you had the requisite number of US parts. My AK will be getting a new front sight base with a bayonet lug on September 16th, 2004, and the rest of my postbans will be getting enough AW features to qualify under any new ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top