Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 9:44:26 PM EDT
Since everybody else posts about this stuff, I thought I might as well.

I bought a '03 Honda 600F4i.  (yes I know it is a babybike, but I figured I'd get my 'bike legs' back on a learner, but hell twist the throttle on that thing and it will let you know it)

It has been about 15 years since I was on a bike (other than a trip around the block on friends harleys and stuff like that) and that was a 'steet legal' dirt bike.

Really was looking at the new 600RR (I really like the 'hidden' exhaust), that is a sweet looking bike to me, but I got the F4i for a near steal.

Now I have to get myself into a safety course, but the next one round here is in a month.

Ok enough of my 'look at me' postings, I now return you to your regularly scheduled pissing match over whatever.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
A Honda, eh? Isn't that kinda like setting yourself up for a hate crime?

cynic
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats Silence,

I hope you enjoy your Jap Superbike...
I personally have a 01 yzf600r.

THe CBR handling is freaking sweet, so enjoy yourselves on the canyon carving and twisties.

Its nice when you don't have to adjust any chokes yea?

And if you really feel the need to be a speed demon, lots of junk out there. [BD]
Just don't let it keep you from deciding between safety gear and a new gun....
"Should i buy another pistol or buy a leather suit...?" heh
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno if I'd exactly call that a "baby bike". Those things'll run like hell. Have fun, enjoy it, and all that...

But [b]WEAR A HELMET![/b]

I had a good friend in LA. While I was in Germany in the Army, he'd gotten in a wreck on his bike, while not wearing a helmet. When I went to his house while on leave, I discovered that he now has the mentality of a 5 year-old.

Seriously, man...wear the helmet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I'll have to comment that an F4i is not a baby bike.  I have an 01 model, Jardine pipe, Powercommander III, and several other mods.  I will state that you will NEVER, I repeat NEVER use the full potential of that bike.  If you hit 160 on a straight and say you used it all, then go straight to hell and do not collect $200.  

These bikes are meant to be ridden on twisty roads.  I finally scraped the peg on my bike about 3 weeks ago, and got to the edge of the tire.  Took a 15mph rated corner at 45+ (yeah I know it's speeding).  Only reason it scraped peg is that I didn't get out of the bike enough and I leaned it too far over.  

I just wish there was a track nearby that I could take it to.  The roads around here are very flat and boring.  Good luck with the bike, there are tons of mods available for it.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Helmet - check.

leathers - check.

I got Silver with black.

Yeah, its definitly a fun ride.  I have a couple of old bad habits Ill be having to break, and some I need to relearn/refresh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!
Awesome bike !
Ride Red!

Bachelor party last night, many WERA racers, some kid was telling us, that his stock new ZX6(636?) hit *210* mph. We own R1's/916/busa's/etc., and asked him if he wasn't reading kph.

He stuck to his story all night . . .

Be safe!
If you can't be safe, then be lucky!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice ride, like others have said, it's not a "baby bike", respect that thing dOOd! Have two GSXRs and a 916 here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Might one of them be a 1k?

Local dealer rides one, and is a demo. Offered it for a grand off (for 600 miles).
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah LibertyStick,one of them is a 1K. Send the forks to Traxxion Dynamics and use a 9mm spacer between the rear shock and the frame to raise the rear ride hight. Turns great, Plenty of go !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top