Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 6:55:19 PM EDT
I have a lot of pistols and I want to be able to change and adjust my sights myself using my own sight pusher. I have Glocks, XD's, M&P's, SIG's, 1911's, 3rd gen Smiths and a bunch of others. I need a pusher that can fit all of these and not sure where to start looking. Is the MGW Pro a nice one? my budget is $4-$500. Here is a link to the MGW pro:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/sight-movers/sight-pro-prod60424.aspx
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
mgw makes the best pushers
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of those el cheapo sets with a variety of blocks and haven't had any issues on multiple handguns. MGW is probably the best though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
MGW
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats up with those pushers for $40 on ebay???
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
mgw makes the best pushers
View Quote

Thanks! That's what it looks like from my limited research. So is the pro model be the one I would need to be able to change and adjust sights on many different types of pistols?  I'm assuming I will have fine-tune control over the site installation and adjustment with all MGW site pushers? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whats up with those pushers for $40 on ebay???
View Quote

They work.... okay...  They leave a bit to be desired in the finishing department, but they do work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
MGW's dedicated sight movers are all about $100.00.  I guarantee that you will be much happier with their dedicated sight movers than you will be with their pro model and in the end the money spent will not be much different if you buy four or five dedicated sight movers instead of the pro model.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
JMT pusher

View Quote

I picked up one of these on ebay for $40 with the m&p inserts or blocks and it has been great. I buggered up my first set from not going slow enough and getting it aligned right but it has worked with my xd also.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
A big hammer. The correct way to change sights on a Glock. Worked for me.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

JMT pusher

View Quote

I have this one.  It works.  I have no experience with any others.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
MGW's dedicated sight movers are all about $100.00.  I guarantee that you will be much happier with their dedicated sight movers than you will be with their pro model and in the end the money spent will not be much different if you buy four or five dedicated sight movers instead of the pro model.  
View Quote

Wow! Never thought of that! Have you used the Pro model? I have used a dedicated GLOCK MGW pusher and it worked perfectly!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wow! Never thought of that! Have you used the Pro model? I have used a dedicated GLOCK MGW pusher and it worked perfectly!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the pro model was the answer but grew tired of having to purchase the different slide clamp shoes and set it up for each gun type.  I have the MGW dedicated pushers for Glock, S&W M&P, Sig and 1911.  They work flawlessly every time and there is no time expended for set up.  Unless you're trying to set up a tool kit where space is at a premium I would definitely buy the dedicated pusher for each gun type.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top