Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
At least Ted Cruz won't be lacking for cash when he gets back to his snake handling gig.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would not be good for the state anyone but a few already-rich stakeholders.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Heh.

I thought it was a done deal back in November.

Our Cabela's is right beside a Walmart, opened up October last year.
They are having huge problems with theft and vagrants.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Has Cabelas ever had a good deal on something that wasn't complete garbage?
"Oh Look Barska scope for $45 !!"  

I've never bought anything their other than ammo when its "on sale" i.e. the same price everyone else sells it at.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought this happened a year ago.  We just got our first Cabela's a little while ago and there are no Bass Pro Shops nearby.  Cabelas has terrible prices.  Is Bass Pro Shops better at retail sporting goods?
View Quote

Not on guns/ammo.. But for fishing/hunting gear, and clothing they are competitive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet this is another BS rumor.  There have been a bunch of them over the last year or two.
I've never been to a Bass pro shop and never intend to after seeing the way they dropped AR's when the Democrats went all ape shit AWB talk.  Screw them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought this happened a year ago.  We just got our first Cabela's a little while ago and there are no Bass Pro Shops nearby.  Cabelas has terrible prices.  Is Bass Pro Shops better at retail sporting goods?
View Quote

If you think Cabelas pricing is shit just want until you see Bass Pro.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The Cabela's near me has 30rd Gen 2 PMAGS for $11.50, and 40 rounders for $17. Which is nice, when the local gun shops charge $20+.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#9]
this is a good thing for share holders right?

should i be buying CAB stock
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've never really got the point of Cabela's or Bass Pro, everything they carry can be found cheaper online somewhere.

Then again, I feel this way about most physical stores.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought this happened a year ago.  We just got our first Cabela's a little while ago and there are no Bass Pro Shops nearby.  Cabelas has terrible prices. Is Bass Pro Shops better at retail sporting goods?

No.

Cabelas here has more gun stuff and they put primers on sale every now and then.    Bass pro is horrible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#12]
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/11/talk-that-bass-pro-shops-will-buy-cabelas-getting-louder.html/   Story came out last year. Bass Pro sucks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
According to Cabelas employees I've talked to it's "bullshit rumor" that has been circulating for the last year.
View Quote

True that. Was a thread on it here last year. Eh, even if Bass Pro buys them, 10 years down the road Gander will buy them
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#14]
We havent been told anything except that it's all rumors & speculation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't care for either store so could care less.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never really got the point of Cabela's or Bass Pro, everything they carry can be found cheaper online somewhere.

Well, if your fishing, and decide you need a midge, waiting 48hrs pretty much sucks.

I use them both alot for finger banging new gear, then search for a better price.

But when I'm on vacation, and lose something I need, having a place to immediately get a replacement is a convenience I will pay for.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heh.

I thought it was a done deal back in November.

Our Cabela's is right beside a Walmart, opened up October last year.
They are having huge problems with theft and vagrants.
View Quote

Hmmm.

I think I can identify the problem.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
nope
and they are black rifle hostile .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope

no they are not. They sell AR's, magazines, and accessories for black rifles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
this is a good thing for share holders right?

should i be buying CAB stock
View Quote

No too late.

Should have bought last Aug/Sept.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Gander Mountain are all equally horrible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Cabelas at least sells cool guns.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cabelas is so much better than Bass Pro in every single category. Pricing included(not that Cabelas is cheap). You can find deals at Cabelas. Bass Pro, not so much unless you need a mesh trucker hat or a 2 for 1 meal at their shitty restaurant.  

Cabelas in-house gear is superior to Bass Pro shit and in some cases, better than some of the name brand shit. I will be pissed if Bass Pro buys Cabelas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cabelas is so much better than Bass Pro in every single category. Pricing included(not that Cabelas is cheap). You can find deals at Cabelas. Bass Pro, not so much unless you need a mesh trucker hat or a 2 for 1 meal at their shitty restaurant.  

Cabelas in-house gear is superior to Bass Pro shit and in some cases, better than some of the name brand shit. I will be pissed if Bass Pro buys Cabelas.

this
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
nope

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope

Dude, don't make crap like this up.<----Seen your reply a bit later.

They're both black rifle friendly and .50 cal freindly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Goldman Sachs?

https://josepjroca.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

{Trumpster}Cruz did this!!!{/Trumpster}
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
According to Cabelas employees I've talked to it's "bullshit rumor" that has been circulating for the last year.
View Quote

Bass Pro employees I know have said the same thing
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I know plenty of people who have driven to the next state over to visit the Cabelas. No one drives long-distance to visit a fucking Bass Pro. Bass Pro sucks.

ETA: Gun Library. Nothing more needs to be said.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#27]
In the next couple decades a lot of big names are going to be going under. Not going to be pretty.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know plenty of people who have driven to the next state over to visit the Cabelas. No one drives long-distance to visit a fucking Bass Pro. Bass Pro sucks.

ETA: Gun Library. Nothing more needs to be said.
View Quote

Yup. Hope this doesn't happen as their still my go to for local reloading supplies.
Does bass pro have the same reloading selection inventory as Cabelas?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Well...bye. ??
View Quote

Yep always awesome when a small town gets devastated. Stay classy bro
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

True that. Was a thread on it here last year. Eh, even if Bass Pro buys them, 10 years down the road Gander will buy them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. This rumor halted Cabela's stock today though and the inclusion of a vampire squid investment bank makes it a little more credible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Won't be good for Prairie du Chien either
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Around here Cabelas has a way better selection for gun related items and prices on ammo than the Bass Pro Shop does.

The Bass Pro Shop has a way better selection for fishing stuff and better boats than Cabeles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#33]
EVERY bass pro I have been in has been a shithole.

Every Cabela's has been clean and politely staffed.

Bought a S&W model 60, Mosin and a Remington model 121 from our local one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Cabela's = good

Bass Pro = bad
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought this happened a year ago.  We just got our first Cabela's a little while ago and there are no Bass Pro Shops nearby.  Cabelas has terrible prices. Is Bass Pro Shops better at retail sporting goods?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck No.

Made that more accurate.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is all about an "activist investor" (aka corporate raider) looking to make a quick profit.  I'm all for capitalism, but chopping up a company that will make money and jobs tomorrow simply for a quick profit today irks me.  I guess that's what happens when you are publicly traded.

View Quote

If you are in business and you truly like what you are doing and do not want the Wall Street vultures or their clients coming and taking what is your, you have better have a majority of the stock or the voting share either in your name or control of them. Or just never sell voting shares or stay private.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#37]
n/m
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
nope

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope

Sooo they like losing money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The one by me has lots of ARs in the store, and the website has 5 pages of accessories.

http://www.cabelas.com/category/AR-15-Parts-Accessories/104190480.uts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope
and they are black rifle hostile

The one by me has lots of ARs in the store, and the website has 5 pages of accessories.

http://www.cabelas.com/category/AR-15-Parts-Accessories/104190480.uts

Same here.
The number of ARs in stock has dropped but they do have them. Along with sections of magpul, Tapco, caa, etc.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Same. I payed waaaaay too much but I didn't know any better. Love the AR i bought though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my first AR at a Cabelas

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Same. I payed waaaaay too much but I didn't know any better. Love the AR i bought though.

I am pretty sure everyone who bought their first AR or gun for that matter paid too much and the where usually does not matter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Over the years, I've actually found some REALLY decent ammo prices (shipped) from Cabelas buying in bulk.  And I buy a lot of 230 grain ammo.....
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope

The Buda Tx store is not BR hostile.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is all about an "activist investor" (aka corporate raider) looking to make a quick profit.  I'm all for capitalism, but chopping up a company that will make money and jobs tomorrow simply for a quick profit today irks me.  I guess that's what happens when you are publicly traded.

View Quote

Why you no like Gordon Gecko? He would sell off everything right down the taxidermy work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying getting things your need for a hunting trip to BFE middle of nowhere Nova Scotia/wherever in America's Hat/Americas Heartland/The Failed State of Mexico tonight when you got to leave at 4:45 am tomorrow. Or your favorite old reel....locked up tight or your rod broke and you are leaving for a fishing trip in hours, or your ______ camping crap was torn up by rats/your children/never returned by your cousin. If everyone was a smart savy prepared shopper half the store and businesses in this country as well as one of the overnight shipping companies would not be in business.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We havent been told anything except that it's all rumors & speculation.
View Quote

That is normally corporate speak for ...deal is done...except for the haggling over the prices. Alternatively is it just rumor and speculation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

A company isn't going to tell their employees before something like this. Giving employees a lot of time to mess with things and jump ship leaving you with the bag? No company will provide that information too far in advance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope this is BS just like last year. The Cabelas near me is a damn nice store and their house brand hunting gear is quality stuff. Also, their CS has been top notch when I needed it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck Bass Pro
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"Terrible prices" depends on what you're buying. They consistently have the lowest prices around on quality muskie and pike gear, hands down. Same usually goes for walleye gear as well. Now, if you're trying to buy a 6920 it may be a different story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Terrible prices" depends on what you're buying. They consistently have the lowest prices around on quality muskie and pike gear, hands down. Same usually goes for walleye gear as well. Now, if you're trying to buy a 6920 it may be a different story.

Yep, some of their prices are high, but some are very fair, and some are very good. Last time I was there, they had some great prices on 5.56. Their fishing tackle prices are not much different than Fleet Farm.

They also carry tall sizes (although you might have to order it), which is what has made me a loyal customer.

Bass Pro sucks, in comparison. Some of the Bass Pro reels are a good value, but there aren't any other reasons for me to shop there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Over the years ... two decades and counting???  I have seen fair to good prices from Cabelas on all sorts of outdoor items.  Not always the absolute best price, but generally reasonable and in stock.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top