Posted: 4/18/2016 6:58:42 PM EDT
http://kstp.com/news/pit-bull-attacks-rochester-toddler/4109461/?cat=1

Rochester police say the toddler, his mother and the two people who own
the dog were at the park that evening; police say the dog lived in the
same home as the child, who was identified by family members as Deoveon
Callier Mathews.

The toddler was throwing rocks in the air when the 65-pound dog latched
onto him and held on for nearly five minutes, despite witnesses'
efforts to make the dog let go, police say.

Justin Shellhart was one of the neighbors who helped save the boy.  He says it took three adults to pull the dog off the boy.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Rochester police say the toddler, his mother and the two people who own the dog were at the park that evening; police say the dog lived in the same home as the child, who was identified by family members as Deoveon Callier Mathews.

The toddler was throwing rocks in the air when the 65-pound dog latched onto him and held on for nearly five minutes, despite witnesses' efforts to make the dog let go, police say.

Justin Shellhart was one of the neighbors who helped save the boy.  He says it took three adults to pull the dog off the boy.

View Quote

View Quote

Obviously no one had a weapon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit breed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
GSD or Lab.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shit breed.
View Quote
andhere...we....go.jpeg

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My local news.The story said the dog attacked the 2 year old for 5 minutes.My question,  who leaves a 2 year old at  playground, near a busy road alone, for at least 5 mins?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Held on for 5 minutes?  Probably a golden retreiver
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My local news.The story said the dog attacked the 2 year old for 5 minutes.My question,  who leaves a 2 year old at  playground, near a busy road alone, for at least 5 mins?
View Quote

The kid wasn't alone for 5 minutes. Nobody killed the shit dog in 5 minutes, or didn't have a bite stick, or enough oomph in their kick etc.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]

I don't care if it is a Pomeranian, a Pit, or a Great Dane.  Any dog that attacks my kid is getting a .45 or 10mm (depending on what's on my hip) in the fucking head.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe the dog got sick of being hit with rocks.

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just sayin...
View Quote

You were there?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Deoveon
View Quote

White trash beautiful
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't care if it is a Pomeranian, a Pit, or a Great Dane.  Any dog that attacks my kid is getting a .45 or 10mm (depending on what's on my hip) in the fucking head.

View Quote

9mm for me, but yes, including my own dog.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

andhere...we....go.jpeg  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit breed.
andhere...we....go.jpeg  
"Oh yeah, retrievers are such a great breed, they just love children!"

"Man, my border collie is so smart, what a wonderful breed!"

"Boy my Basset hound sure is retarded, haha what a dumb breed!"
..."Wow, pit bulls seem to attack and injure/kill a lot of people, seems like a violent bree-"

"WTF FSIVHNSIOPFVNP IT'S THE OWNER'S FAULT BREED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT WHAAAAARGLGBRREBFBADSF!@#!@#!@%$$%&*!!11!1!"

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
In before calls for DNA testing on the dog to make sure it was an actual Pit Bull.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Nobody had a pocket knife?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.  I have a strider that would unzip that dog in no time if I saw it latched onto a little kid.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In before calls for DNA testing on the dog to make sure it was an actual Pit Bull.
View Quote

I'm waiting for the pictures showing how Staffordshire Terriers and pit bulls look nothing alike.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No shit.  I have a strider that would unzip that dog in no time if I saw it latched onto a little kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even my wife is ready to do the same.  Why every man doesn't have a pocket knife on them is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shit breed.
View Quote

the people or the dog?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Just sayin...

View Quote

Any dog can't take 110% of what a two year old can dish out needs to be put down, or at least confined to it's home/enclosure.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just sayin...
View Quote

Yeah, kind of wondering where some of those rocks landed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#24]
This is why a knife should be EDC for everyone.  A punch to the ribs or the base of the head with one will stop it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin...

You cant ask questions like that here. Youre interrupting GDs pit bull attack jerk off thread.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rochester police say the toddler, his mother and the two people who own the dog were at the park that evening; police say the dog lived in the same home as the child, who was identified by family members as Deoveon Callier Mathews.

The toddler was throwing rocks in the air when the 65-pound dog latched onto him and held on for nearly five minutes, despite witnesses' efforts to make the dog let go, police say.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Head is too close to the kid.  Hip shot will release the bite.  Hold the tail, adjust the angle, and end it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't think all pitbulls are bad. But anyone who denies that the majority of these dog attacks are pitbulls is living in lala land.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#31]
DNA?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

the people or the dog?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit breed.

the people or the dog?

Both.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#33]
All dog breeds bite ...Hell I'd be willing to bet pit bulls bite a lot less then some breeds ..... However pit bulls are very good at doing tons of damage when they bite... My brother had a wiener dog that bit everyone including him. I wasn't sad to see that little fucker pass away, but he couldn't do any real damage when he bit ( maybe to a very small child ) and definitely not life threatening. That said I don't trust any dogs much less the gigantic proportion of shitty owners that have dogs capable of doing massive damage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I hope the boy is OK.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It was his own dog
View Quote

Happened to me 36 years ago. GSD and 4yo playing (me). 50 stiches to the face missed jugular, missed eye and torn ear. No anesthesia for the stiches.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

dogbites.org lol
View All Quotes

Denying the truth.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm waiting for the pictures showing how Staffordshire Terriers and pit bulls look nothing alike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and neither one gets as heavy as 65 lb.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't think all pitbulls are bad. But anyone who denies that the majority of these dog attacks are pitbulls is living in lala land.
View Quote

I do think there is a "type" that is attracted to the breed for all the wrong reasons. Back in the late 70's - early 80's it was the Doberman that they were attracted to and before that the German Shepard.  

On the plus side, they are getting these:
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

the 65-pound dog latched onto him and held on for nearly five minutes, despite witnesses' efforts to make the dog let go, police say.

View Quote

4-5 contact shots should do the trick.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It was his own dog
View Quote

About which I guarantee he previously said, "No, ol' Jaws is as gentle as a lamb. The kids jump all over him and he just lies there like a big baby."

After denying, short of a DNA test, that the pit-appearing culprit is really a pit they offer their dog as evidence the breed is a sweetheart.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must have been a new breed that we haven't heard of, then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

dogbites.org lol
View All Quotes

Dogbites.org is often compared to Brady campaign or Moms demand action by pit bull apologists, the thing is, its easy to refute what Brady or MDA says with facts, facts that the pit bull apologists seem to lack. Maybe you have new info that can refute dogbites.org, until then I will treat it like it is, self reported consolidation of bite statistics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#44]
its been my experience is that shitty trashy people are attracted to pit bulls. I'm not saying all pit bulls owners are shitty and trashy but if someone is a shitty trashy person and when faced with choosing a pitbull or say a lab they will pick the pit 9 out of 10 times.

I take my two doggers over to the park every night after work.  the white trash ALWAYS have a pitbull in tow and it always has a white trash name.

lets see the last one who started a fight was named Gator. the only other dog named Gator I've met is the great dane down the street also owned by trashy white people.

seems like the popular names are Gator, Diesel,or Harley and ones named after various booze brands. I'm betting this dog had some such name. its never Marley, squeaky, Brantley, Brandy, or Ralph.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dogbites.org is often compared to Brady campaign or Moms demand action by pit bull apologists, the thing is, its easy to refute what Brady or MDA says with facts, facts that the pit bull apologists seem to lack. Maybe you have new info that can refute dogbites.org, until then I will treat it like it is, self reported consolidation of bite statistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The use of "lol" is a sign for me when reading any comment.  Not a good sign.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Dog should have been put down within 30sec.   No weapon? Fine. A downward stomp on one of its legs should snap it and get it to at least let go.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Don't be ignorant, y'all. Breed of peace.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I do think there is a "type" that is attracted to the breed for all the wrong reasons. Back in the late 70's - early 80's it was the Doberman that they were attracted to and before that the German Shepard.  

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Cane_Corso_Italiano_%281%29.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Cane_Corso_Italiano_%281%29.jpg

My grandparents were fans of all breeds, they had collie, GSD x 3, lab and little breeds, and my grandmother recalled when GSD's were used by the "tough guy" types as she termed it, then as you mentioned, Dobies were next, ,followed by Rotties, then of course the Pitbull. The "tough guy" types have always been attracted to specific breeds such as the ones I've mentioned, but I'd venture to say more responsible, non tough guy types own Breed of Peace type dogs than do the thugs. Being a Pitbull owner (all rescues) I can tell you, as can many, I see more hipster or yuppy type folks with Pits than I do thugs, granted I'm not living in Compton or Watts or Philly, but constantly being lumped into a general category because I own a specific breed of dog is absurd, but many here and many that post in these types of threads are stuck in their mindset, and likely won't ever change their narrow mindedness in regards to that perception. Perhaps it's time for me to start wearing whatever the popular urban clothing is now, excessive gold jewelry, maybe get some "blinged out grills" and trade in the 4runner for a nice lowered Escalade, or Yukon Denali, with mad bass pumpin' out of it?

For the record: I'm speaking in general terms, as many folks that post in these "Vicious Pitbull kills entire village of unsuspecting children" type threads believe you are the type of person I described  in the last part of my post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#49]
"...you knew I was a snake, and yet you took me in."
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#50]
All the BOP defenders here why not start threads where other dogs attack and cause as serious bodily harm as these pit threads often produce? We can conduct our own little statistical research into the issue right here in GD since all other sources are biased according to you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top