Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 8:26:55 AM EDT
Last time I bought anything there was Christmas, and I've not checked back since then.
In my search today for some Ballistol, I've noticed their pricing has gone up on both the free shipping, and other products, especially some music CD's that I had in my basket the whole time.
Looks like I'm not missing much by not ordering there unless it is something I can't find elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Last time I bought anything there was Christmas, and I've not checked back since then.
In my search today for some Ballistol, I've noticed their pricing has gone up on both the free shipping, and other products, especially some music CD's that I had in my basket the whole time.
Looks like I'm not missing much by not ordering there unless it is something I can't find elsewhere.
View Quote

1) Music CDs?  Seriously?  What millennia are you living in?
2) Amazon is a distributor.  Prices go up or down for various suppliers all the time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2) Amazon is a distributor.  Prices go up or down for various suppliers all the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because AMZN drop ships, doesn't make them a distributor.  They are first and foremost a retailer.

Regarding prices, they have complex algorithms which send prices in all directions.  Go to camel or forklift to see this
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a price tracker chrome extension that comes in very handy and yes alot of things are more expensive on Amazon.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The real question is did you take my advise and get the liquid Ballistol?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I still find many items much cheaper than brick and mortar stores. Plus there is a greater variety.

Every now and then I will find something cheaper on a different sure. Like my cuisinart blade for instance.

I hate going to the store, Amazon fixes that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Well let's see.

I found a knife that usually sells for $220 for $132

Work boots that sell for $155 for $69

Work shirts the sell for $30 for $8

And I got to watch some pretty good tv shows like Bosch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
You couldn't post this in your other thread?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I still find many items much cheaper than brick and mortar stores. Plus there is a greater variety.

Every now and then I will find something cheaper on a different sure. Like my cuisinart blade for instance.

I hate going to the store, Amazon fixes that.
View Quote

time = money

a couple of years ago i was bedding scope mount. stopped at walmart for jb weld

park car, wade through throngs of white trash, walk to back of store, NO JB WELD AT ALL IN STOCK, walk back to front of store get back into car and drive off. 25 minutes later still no JB weld in hand. would have cost me $3 extra bucks to order from amazon. should have done it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I think Amazon finally figured out they can't deliver weekly 50lb bags of dog food across the country and to your BFE front door in two days for free and still make a profit.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#12]
CDs?   Lol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I guarantee they have lost thousands on me last year.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think Amazon finally figured out they can't deliver weekly 50lb bags of dog food across the country and to your BFE front door in two days for free and still make a profit.  
View Quote
They have certain loss leaders.  For instance they'll deliver 12 cubic feet of butt wipes to my front door on Sunday under prime for $22.  The good quilted northers stuff too!  None of that single ply sandpaper.  They do it bc it keeps me on amazon for all items priced similar to the store.  The moment I can't get something on amazon they lose.  If I gotta go to walmart for 1 item I might as well get my whole list there.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Music CDs?  Holy 1985, Batman!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just because AMZN drop ships, doesn't make them a distributor.  They are first and foremost a retailer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all complex, I know, but Amazon mostly ships items that are stocked by other retailers.  If a retailer that has that item for cheaper runs out, then they sell it to you from the next cheapest, which will be more expensive.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#17]
The Prime "two day" shipping is starting to piss me off.

Seems to now be "two days from when we put it in the mail" shipping. I have Prime items that I ordered 5 days ago that still are not here.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seems to now be "two days from when we put it in the mail" shipping. I have Prime items that I ordered 5 days ago that still are not here.

View Quote

That is what it always meant.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well let's see.

I found a knife that usually sells for $220 for $132

Work boots that sell for $155 for $69

Work shirts the sell for $30 for $8

And I got to watch some pretty good tv shows like Bosch.
View Quote
I enjoyed Bosch. I'm glad it got picked up for a third season.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically yeah.
But in the 6 years I have been a prime member it has in practice meant that if it was an in stock Amazon item it was in my hands 2 days after I ordered. Now not so much.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Ive been using camelcamelcamel.com to track my amazon  wishlist.   Very handy for keeping tabs on prices.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Who the fuck still buys CDs?!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I buy CDs sometimes.  Pick them up for a buck or two at the used book store.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
cannot take you seriously after you said cd's
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Have we mentioned the fact op was looking at CDs?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do on occasion....find older albums I want or am replacing for like $0.99 in the local record shops used section.
Bring home, rip to .mp4, save to server, replicate to phone, iPad, iPods, backup drive, etc.
Put CD into milk crate and likely never touch it again.

That vs. $10-12 or more online to buy the album digitally, download it and do all the same work.

If I grab 5 CDs I'm at $5. Instead of $50+
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#27]
This is your friend:

www.camelcamelcamel.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]
What is a CD?  Is that some ancient A/V tech?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Try returning video tapes. What a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Why ballistol ? The stuff is not even oil based.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sell books in stores?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top