Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/18/2016 7:41:51 AM EDT
This is a spin-off from the lithium thread where many members showed their asses.  What I want to know is what percentage of their asses have been in a Tesla?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, but I hate the environment and burn a tire every time I see a hippie car on the road.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I see them often at work and always think, "Nope".

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I see them a lot around here, wouldn't mind having one. The III is the first electric vehicle I'd actually consider.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
no idea.  

do they make a diesel?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see them a lot around here, wouldn't mind having one. The III is the first electric vehicle I'd actually consider.
View Quote

+1  

I'll probably be leasing one when they come out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never seen one on the road. I looked at the power charge stations and they had a map. To go from coast to coast on I-10 required a 600 mile detour. I guess if you drive in town or from X to Y and back everyday they work out OK.

Of course I live in a part of the world where I have never seen an electric car charging station and lots of stores and offices have separate parking for dually trucks and such and not compact cars.

They get good reviews from owners but they are above average in problems and number of times they have to go in for service. I get people are really excited about owning them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Serious question, why?

I rented an S for a week.  I have always dreamed of having an Aston Martin, and I totally plan on having one before 35, but I'll be damned if driving that bad boy didn't make me question my car of choice. Super low center of gravity, excellent steering feel, ridiculous torque, interior that is out of this world, two trunks, intuitive displays, etc.

Like I said in the other thread, this is not a car for greenie weenies to pretend they are doing great things for the environment. It is a truly futuristic sports luxury car.

Thus far this poll is representative of my expectations.

When people question my "investment" in a $5k bicycle, I have to offer to let them ride it, back to back with their wally world Huffy.  The difference is immeasurable...

The same thing could probably be said about all the frugal members driving their 90s shitboxes talking trash on Tesla owners. Nothing wrong with your shitbox per se, but some people like to ride in luxury, this IS America, quit being a whiny bitch about other's property...
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I own 2 of them, a 2013 S60 and a 2014 S60. Needless to say, I am a fan of them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have never seen one on the road. I looked at the power charge stations and they had a map. To go from coast to coast on I-10 required a 600 mile detour. I guess if you drive in town or from X to Y and back everyday they work out OK.

Of course I live in a part of the world where I have never seen an electric car charging station and lots of stores and offices have separate parking for dually trucks and such and not compact cars.

They get good reviews from owners but they are above average in problems and number of times they have to go in for service. I get people are really excited about owning them.

View Quote

How often do you drive across country in a sedan?

Better yet, how often do you drive 150 miles from home without stopping for a night?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I own 2 of them, a 2013 S60 and a 2014 S60. Needless to say, I am a fan of them.
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#11]
When they come out with a 4wd double cab truck with a 400mi range and under a hour charge time for 30kish i will concider otherwise i will stick with toyota
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I had my ass in a P85D last Wednesday, really cool car .Now only if the owner would have takin out of the garage I could have said I rode in one
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When they come out with a 4wd double cab truck with a 400mi range and under a hour charge time for 30kish i will concider otherwise i will stick with toyota
View Quote

Username is fitting

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pics?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Here is a picture of my car (the 2014) at the Dayton Ohio supercharger.

As strange as it sounds, I actually do not have a picture of my wife's car (the 2013), but it is essentially identical, except is has dark blue paint, obece wood trim, the standard sound system, and air suspension (mine has black paint, black trim, coil suspension , and premium sound)

I will have to take a picture of ar15.com pulled up on the web browser on the center touch screen some time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://s3.postimg.org/ao08gz0qb/mycar.jpg

As strange as it sounds, I actually do not have a picture of my wife's car (the 2013), but it is essentially identical, except is has dark blue paint, obece wood trim, the standard sound system, and air suspension (mine has black paint, black trim, coil suspension , and premium sound)

I will have to take a picture of ar15.com pulled up on the web browser on the center touch screen some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

http://s3.postimg.org/ao08gz0qb/mycar.jpg

Nice ride!  Do eeet!

Most of the guys on this site have probably never seen the interior on one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Better yet, how often do you drive 150 miles from home without stopping for a night?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I drive 100 miles to work one way every day and my employer is not going to provide a charging station. I go out of town at least every other week. The bonus of not having kids. Not to mention if I wanted to stop somewhere on the way home from work I would have to find a place to charge.

For a lot of people an electric car would have to be a situational car until charging stations become more common. Want to visit grandparents? Well you're screwed if they don't already have a station and such.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#17]
They are  impressive cars. I understand the aspects of them being the products of government subsidy,that they actually take more to build than an ICE powered car etc but to drive one is quite cool. The instant torque is amazing even though I know your  twin turbo Camaro will waste one... I judge it this way: driving in and riding in one doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been in several.  We have a fair number running around Birmingham and Huntsville.

One of my college buddies just bought one and was texting me the pics.  It's a hot little car.  I'd knock it up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Username is fitting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Username is fitting

Ohmergod, its what i require for family and work. Shit will not work for the majority of familys who need range and hauling capability.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]
My old partner has one.  Surprisingly fast. Nice car.  Personally,  I'd get something else if I were spending 90k.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#21]
My experience is that their supply chain is jacked up and if a shipment of parts is even a little bit delayed it causes a plant shut down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#22]
And in this thread, OP shows his ass...a-gain.

It doesn't have anything to do with the car itself.  It doesn't matter how fast it is, it doesn't matter what its range is (or isn't), it doesn't matter what it looks like or how overall cool it is (and of course, if one were actually concerned about the environment, none of those things would ever mater).

What the argument is about and what matters to some of us is that the government is forcing the EV solution upon the market by subsidizing it.

So I guess that means that each and every U.S. taxpayer should be proud of owning at least a portion of a Tesla.

Yea!  Go green!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And in this thread, OP shows his ass...a-gain.

It doesn't have anything to do with the car itself.  It doesn't matter how fast it is, it doesn't matter what its range is (or isn't), it doesn't matter what it looks like or how overall cool it is (and of course, if one were actually concerned about the environment, none of those things would ever mater).

What the argument is about and what matters to some of us is that the government is forcing the EV solution upon the market by subsidizing it.

So I guess that means that each and every U.S. taxpayer should be proud of owning at least a portion of a Tesla.

Yea!  Go green!
View Quote

Meh. at this point what domestic auto manufacturer hasn't taken gov't loans?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Ironic topic given my experiences last week. I have nothing against EVs. Let the market determine when the tech is viable and competitive. Picking winners in the market always causes problems.  That being said...I wouldnt drive a Tesla if you gave it to me. I dealt with Tesla engineering and supply chain last week....whole Lotta nope going on there.

I'll just say...the model 3 will be slow in getting built and I bet the drama with the doors isn't over.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

I rented an S for a week.  I have always dreamed of having an Aston Martin, and I totally plan on having one before 35, but I'll be damned if driving that bad boy didn't make me question my car of choice. Super low center of gravity, excellent steering feel, ridiculous torque, interior that is out of this world, two trunks, intuitive displays, etc.

Like I said in the other thread, this is not a car for greenie weenies to pretend they are doing great things for the environment. It is a truly futuristic sports luxury car.

When people question my "investment" in a $5k bicycle, I have to offer to let them ride it, back to back with their wally world Huffy.  The difference is immeasurable...

The same thing could probably be said about all the frugal members driving their 90s shitboxes talking trash on Tesla owners. Nothing wrong with your shitbox per se, but some people like to ride in luxury, this IS America, quit being a whiny bitch about other's property...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

It's not about the car, it's about the government subsidies.

I'll call it good and fair when the government gives me the $30,000+ in subsidies per Tesla sold and let's me choose what I want to buy.

Or at least give each manufacturer the same subsidies for every model they make...which of course you will say is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ohmergod, its what i require for family and work. Shit will not work for the majority of familys who need range and hauling capability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Username is fitting

What Toyota can you buy that has towing capability, a 400 mi range, 4WD, with a double cab for 30K?

Like I said, for someone that WANTS a luxury sports car, they make sense.  Obviously, IF YOU NEED SOMETHING ELSE, THAT'S FINE, TOO...

But your ridiculous requirements are not a current reality for gas cars, nor will they ever be again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Seen a red one and a black one in my AO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#28]
My lottery car....  Sigh.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I drive 100 miles to work one way every day and my employer is not going to provide a charging station. I go out of town at least every other week. The bonus of not having kids. Not to mention if I wanted to stop somewhere on the way home from work I would have to find a place to charge.

For a lot of people an electric car would have to be a situational car until charging stations become more common. Want to visit grandparents? Well you're screwed if they don't already have a station and such.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get with the new paradigm you caveman!  You're just going to have to adjust your work/life habits to fit the new world order...and the sooner the better you troglodyte!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I've seen them in the wild. I've seen them in a showroom.

I've never been in one to drive or otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What Toyota can you buy that has towing capability, a 400 mi range, 4WD, with a double cab for 30K?

Like I said, for someone that WANTS a luxury sports car, they make sense.  Obviously, IF YOU NEED SOMETHING ELSE, THAT'S FINE, TOO...

But your ridiculous requirements are not a current reality for gas cars, nor will they ever be again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Username is fitting

Lol never said towing capability but it does have it, 15 tacoma double cab v6 418 mi on last tank was about $28k otd.

My requirements can be had on numerous model gas cars and trucks. Just a point i made sorry for the sand in your vagina.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#32]
More interested in whether I should invest. Electrics seem to be starting out as gas mfgr's were back in the early 1900's.
will any of them survive and which one?  If I choose correctly will make me rich like those who were smart and  lucky enough to get in early in Apple and other high tech companies?
And why isn't Tesla called government motors?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Rode in one not too long ago. Never been in anything that fast before.

I'd love to have one. For around town, it would be great not to have to fuel up all the time.

I have a F150 5.0 and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 35's so I'm a regular at the gas station.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Gorgeous car subsidized by tax payers. I love the tech but not the execution.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Have seen a few around. A lot of upscale neighborhoods and expensive cars where I live. Wouldn't own one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll call it good and fair when the government gives me the $30,000+ in subsidies per Tesla sold and let's me choose what I want to buy.

Or at least give each manufacturer the same subsidies for every model they make...which of course you will say is ludicrous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

How much did the 2008 Bailout cost the U.S. taxpayers?  A trillion dollars right?  How much did U.S. Auto industry take?  $80 billion by all accounts.

Elon Musk has taken $4.9 billion in COMBINED subsidies for ALL 3 of his companies.  Space X, Solar City, and Tesla.  That also includes the tax incentives for buyers of his cars, and more.

The figure compiled by The Times comprises a variety of government incentives, including grants, tax breaks, factory construction, discounted loans and environmental credits

It's a drop in the bucket.  Quit making it out to be some MASSIVELY useless idea.  His companies WILL be profitable, and will change the daily life of Americans in a positive way. Tesla Motors already has 14,000 employees, I couldn't find good figures for his other 2 companies.  He is putting Americans and the world to work, bringing new innovation across the board.  

What you're doing is hating the player, start hating the game, and blame the gov't.

You're ass... It's showing.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

Do they get 30K in subsidies per Tesla car?!?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol never said towing capability but it does have it, 15 tacoma double cab v6 418 mi on last tank was about $28k otd.

My requirements can be had on numerous model gas cars and trucks. Just a point i made sorry for the sand in your vagina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Username is fitting

Ahh, a barebones v6 Tacoma, I misunderstood your needs for "hauling capability"  

Get back to me with figures for a real truck/
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I've spent a little bit of time in them    
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I sat in a few and was offered a test drive.

Natick Mall in Natick Massachusetts has a storefront with a display model.

If I had the cash I may buy one. I'm looking fwd to their own Sportscar to come in the future.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

I haven't seen a citation for that yet.  I think it's that a total of subsidies and loans to get his company off the ground currently costs $20,000 plus the $8,000 government EV tax credit to the final purchaser.  It's an inflated number that will rocket downwards as more of his charging stations are available and the 3 comes out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I really want one.  I went to the Philadelphia car show back in January and talked to the sales rep there for a while.  I scheduled a test drive at a local dealer for mid-February but work got so busy I had to cancel it.  As much as I want one, and could afford it (it would wipe out my emergency fund account if I paid cash for it), I don't think I want to spend that much money for something that I want and don't really need.  But, it is an awesome car!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm, 1. That sucks ass  2. You sir are in the minority.  I live in Metro ATL, and you can't go more than a block without seeing a Leaf.  I have considered getting one, because 99% of the time I get in my vehicle I go less than 100 miles, and boy I hate gas stations.

The great thing about America is that you don't have to have just one car, and with the introduction of the 3 and more charging stations, it will be more affordable than ever.

ETA:  Americans drive an average of 29 miles per day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've seen them in the wild. I've seen them in a showroom.

I've never been in one to drive or otherwise.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I see 4-5 a day here.
Shit, there's one parked in the ghetto here - right next to an Escalade.
We've got a charger in town, so maybe that's parts of.
Rural SW Washington.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why?

Have something to add?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#49]
We have a friend that has two of them. I have not been in it, but my husband has driven it. He loves it.

Pricey they are.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a 2014 S85 and I waiting for my X90D that should be here next month. My GF and her daughter both have reservation for a Model 3.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top