Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 12:02:23 AM EDT
Was perusing Amazon and would like to snag one to tinker with and see if I enjoy it.

Any recommendations on a sub 100 dollar drone?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If you mean quadcopter, then I have also been looking.

I bought a Cheerson CX-10 based on good reviews.  Was cheap, 16 bucks, but terrible to fly.  VERY SMALL!!!!  I thought that I just had to learn how to fly it.  I never really did.  Was very sensitive to any wind b/c of its size.  Battery life fairly terrible b/c it was so small.  

Second one was this:  U818A-1

link

It is 100x easier to fly.  It has a fast/slow mode so you can learn on slow then transition to fast speeds.  Comes with 2 batteries.  They last about 7-10 minutes.  USB charger.  Has a camera built into the drone, records to a micro SD.  Decent camera, nothing spectacular.  Can take stills and video.  Weighs 0.26 pounds.  Very light, so that if it falls, it basically just bounces.  I haven't even replaced the propellers at all, although it does come with extras.

Is great fun.  Would definitely recommend.  I even took it to church and let the youth group play with it some.  It is still in one piece and has handled some rough falls.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#3]
A freakin drone for under $100.

It's crazy to think about not only what awesome stuff we'll have in 10-20 years, but how relatively cheap it'll be.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A freakin drone for under $100.

It's crazy to think about not only what awesome stuff we'll have in 10-20 years, but how relatively cheap it'll be.
View Quote

They'll be banned by then.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I bought a Cheerson CX-10 based on good reviews.  Was cheap, 16 bucks, but terrible to fly.  VERY SMALL!!!!  I thought that I just had to learn how to fly it.  I never really did.  Was very sensitive to any wind b/c of its size.  Battery life fairly terrible b/c it was so small.  

link

It is 100x easier to fly.  It has a fast/slow mode so you can learn on slow then transition to fast speeds.  Comes with 2 batteries.  They last about 7-10 minutes.  USB charger.  Has a camera built into the drone, records to a micro SD.  Decent camera, nothing spectacular.  Can take stills and video.  Weighs 0.26 pounds.  Very light, so that if it falls, it basically just bounces.  I haven't even replaced the propellers at all, although it does come with extras.

Is great fun.  Would definitely recommend.  I even took it to church and let the youth group play with it some.  It is still in one piece and has handled some rough falls.  

View Quote

Ordered.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Blade nano qx are really great, can buy parts at local hobbytowns, have easy and advanced modes and can be bought with fpv cameras. I have two and love them
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Syma x8
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#9]
$38.95 free shipping with prime. Flies great and has a camera for some fun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ordered.  Thank you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link

Ordered.  Thank you.

Let us know how you like it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Syma 5XC  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top