Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 3:03:41 PM EDT
O.K., I know that this doesn't have anything to do with AR's, however I've had a real craving for She-Crab soup, and I no longer get down south as much as I used to.
Does anyone have a source for crab roe?

I've done a reasonable amount of web searching, and up here (N.Y.) I would have to buy an awful lot of expensive crab to get enough roe.  Help!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont use roe in my She Crab, I kinda lean to VA in my recipe.

Lump back meat and a little good sherry is my sure thing.

What area are to trying to reproduce ? Try the state website and plan ahead order internet and shipp overnight. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve had great She-crab soup in New Orleans, Charleston and Savannah
The recipes are similar and I have searched different sites. They say how, but no hint as to where you can get the ingredients.
Here in New York and can get crab ($) but it will be a mix of males and females and I know that I won’t get enough roe. I had hoped to find it in a jar like caviar, but no go.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top