Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 1:16:04 PM EDT
We see these now and then and I often thank God it's not one of us,what I mean is that if one of "us" ever goes off the deep end the body count would be .......lets just say up there pretty high, don't you think?

The SWAT team would be taking causalities due to green tips and superior training and accuracy on the part of "one of us".
So we know now that it hasn't been one of "us" on one of these insane rampages because a whole lot of people are still alive ,thank God.

Your thoughts ?    
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
So you're saying ar15 members would be more effective "beserkers" - I would agree with you there. Better training and knowledge of firearms. I mean, if one of "us" is going to do it, he should it right, then. I don't know with all the social retards on this board I'm suprised it hasn't happened sooner.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You should add a poll.  Either "Most likely to go on killing spree" or "Who be the most dangerous rampage killer?"
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't know with all the social retards on this board I'm suprised it hasn't happened sooner.

View Quote

Who are you callin a retard? [:K]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know with all the social retards on this board I'm suprised it hasn't happened sooner.

View Quote

Who are you callin a retard? [:K]
View Quote

[:D] [:D] Don't worry it ain't you - you only have 87 posts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, clean_cut,

For someone who finds this whole internet thing "creepy", you sure are on here alot.  Why don't you go outside and play with your friends now?

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You know what i mean ?
Look at Charles Whitman
(University of Texas tower).
He was a trained Marine and could shoot.
Now take old charly and put him in a crowded mall at Christmas in a state with [b]no[/b] CCW and you now have a blood bath of historical proportions.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
luckily most of these idiots are out of there mind and cannot focus on shooting people, mostly they are just spraying.

but lets hope there aren't any devoted muslim terrorists out there with a AR15, Oh wait didn't that already happen??
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Columbine.

These guys weren't trained as we are, but had been trained with video games.  

What I am truly afraid of is that the time that we will have to stand up and do something seems to be drawing nearer.  Feinstein and her cult are growing.  The commiefornia plague is spreading.  Our constitution is being violated by the liberals on a continuing and growing basis.  I don't want to sound fanatical or anything like that, but I fear that we are headed the way of Commiefornia on a national basis.  The next thing will be Australia.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You know what i mean ?
Look at Charles Whitman
(University of Texas tower).
He was a trained Marine and could shoot.
Now take old charly and put him in a crowded mall at Christmas in a state with [b]no[/b] CCW and you now have a blood bath of historical proportions.
View Quote

Worst Nightmare Scenario: Christmas shooting at the mall.....
makes my neck hair stand straight up...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd rather suspect that one of the ARF.com members would NOT be the one on the rampage or going postal...

Based upon the demographic polls taken on this site, ie; Bachelor degree education or better, soft spoke, thoughtful types, I would see an ARF.com member being the one who STOPPED the idiot who was on the rampage by being the only person in the vicinity with immediate access to a firearm and the skill and courage to use it properly, thus saving countless innocent lives of others caught in the same predicament. Past cases show that most rampage shooters are "Berserkers" who spray-and-pray, after no one in particular and shooting "To whom it may concern" choosing a few selected targets and then as many as they can hit while shooting wildly.

"Stand your ground, look 'em in the eye, and shoot the bastard" -sheriff Bill Jordan

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The SWAT team would be taking causalities due to green tips ?    
View Quote

M193 penetrates armor better at moderate range than green tips.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If a long time member here was involved in such a shooting, I would look long and hard at the circumstances. The vast majority here are dedicated not just to the AR-15 rifle, and "sport" shooting, but also know just how important the "black rifles" are in relation to a "well-armed militia"...
Folks that have been around a while just ain't gonna do shit that way...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#14]
IBTL
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Assuming most "beserkers" are loons who just happen to have a gun versus a well trained weapon afficianado I would guess a very big difference.
This also assumes using high quality ammo instead of the cheap FMJ junk your typical whack job uses.

Does anyone recall the australian shooter who used a (I think, I don't remember too well) full powered semi auto rifle. If I remember correctly he shot 13 and killed 11 of them. That's what a good shooter can do versus the more typical "shot 40, killed 1" of the more shooting spree nutcase.
I guess in a nutshell I would definitely think a gun enthusiast could and would rack up a far higher body count than your typical disgruntled hothead.
And of course military training would add even more to the grand total.

Factors contributing to body count;
Intelligence
Military trained (or LEO)
Firearm enthusiast
Idealistic
motivated
dedicated
Physical fit
Older person

Factors subtracting from body count;
Druggie
No formal weapon training
lazy/unmotivated
excessively emotional
Spendthrift (cheap bastard)

BTW, this is just my opinion, anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
IF one of our ARFCOM members went "postal" I'm sure a well trained ARFCOM Mall Ninja would prevent any causalities to civilians or LEO's and dispatch the offender immediately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top