Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 12:48:00 PM EDT
With help of the Attorney General John Ashcroft and our letters supporting the president, we can help make his dream of a safer America a reality.

[url=www.nola.com/news/t-p/index.ssf?/base/news-0/105255347566740.xml]N.O. man arrested in 9th Ward shooting[/url]

Suspect booked with 1st-degree murder

Saturday May 10, 2003

From staff reports

One night after three people were shot, one fatally, at a Lower 9th Ward intersection, New Orleans police arrested a suspect in the shooting eight blocks from the scene.

Chaka Stewart, 22, 2135 Delery St., was standing at Tupelo and North Galvez streets when he was arrested Friday about 7:15 p.m. by members of the 5th District task force and the Special Operations Division. He was booked with first-degree murder.

Stewart had been identified as a suspect in the shooting death of Carlos Rhodes, 27, of New Orleans.

Rhodes and two other men were shot Thursday shortly before 7 p.m. at St. Maurice Avenue and North Villere Street.

Rhodes and the other victims were riding in a white Nissan Sentra on North Villere when a gunman drove up in a sport utility vehicle and shot at the men with an [b]assault weapon[/b]. Rhodes was taken to Charity Hospital, where he died a short time later.

One of Rhodes' companions was shot in the right leg, and the other was shot in the groin and buttocks. Both were in stable condition at a hospital, police spokesman Capt. Marlon Defillo said.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought you were banned or something?
WB anyway

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You make me sick.

Guns are NOT the problem.  Irresponsible jackasses and criminals WITH guns are the problem.

You're supporting the wrong battles, Imbroglio
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTL [:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Here we go again, IBTL!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
i think he's trying to use reverse psychology to get people off their asses and vote/write their reps & senators/etc...

ibtl....just in case
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Blasphemy!

Bad Imbroglio, Bad!

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Imbroglio -

If you would redirect your time and effort from bashing Bush in this forum, to writing Bush, and his Washington Republucans, telling them their support of renewing the AWB ****WILL***** cost them the election, then you might accomplish something meaningful.

Don't be the type that would rather curse the darkness, than light a candle.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Imbroglio -

If you would redirect your time and effort from bashing Bush in this forum, to writing Bush, and his Washington Republucans, telling them their support of renewing the AWB ****WILL***** cost them the election, then you might accomplish something meaningful.

View Quote

[b]"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing."[/b]

~ Oscar Wilde (IIRC)

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
How did you get back in here?  Go back to the DU.

Oh yeah, IBTL
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Imbroglio -

View Quote

Dude, I am not bashing the President. The other members on this board have finally convinced me that there is more to life than just guns and  getting Mr. Bush back into the Whitehouse in 2004 is far more important than any petty single issue.

I ask you to join with us in this righteous and noble cause.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dude, I am not bashing the President. The other members on this board have finally convinced me that there is more to life than just guns and  getting Mr. Bush back into the Whitehouse in 2004 is far more important than any petty single issue.

I ask you to join with us in this righteous and noble cause.
View Quote
There's been a lot of posts recently about how Ari Fleisher, Karl Rove, Tom Delay and other Repubs in Congress are saying that Congress is gonna kill the AWB so Bush won't be the single lightening rod on this issue. By using this tactic, it creates too diffuse of a target for the antis to regain control of EITHER the Executive or Legislative branches.

Bush and everyone else knows this is the most pro-RKBA Congress we've had in a long time. Why should he send political capital on this issue if it's DOA in Congress anyway? Why should he give ammunition to his opponents when he doesn't have to?

Politics on the national level is ugly as shit. It always has been. Even Patrick Henry knew that. But he worked in the system and bode his time till he could muster enough support to get what he wanted (the BOR).

In politics, the end result is all that matters. Getting there is just... talk. And when the means are just "talk" then the ends certainly DO justify the means.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Imbroglio -

If you would redirect your time and effort from bashing Bush in this forum, [red]to writing Bush, and his Washington Republucans, telling them their support of renewing the AWB ****WILL***** cost them the election,[/red] then you might accomplish something meaningful.

View Quote

It won't cost them the election. Most of the morons here say they'll vote for him anyhow..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It won't cost them the election. Most of the morons here say they'll vote for him anyhow..
View Quote

ALl the mor reason for you me and Imbroglio to write WEEKLY to the Pres, and let him know - allow the AWB ANY life, and it'll cost you your job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top