Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What an abortion.  
View Quote

Hey O!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I would not spend 28k on a hummer unless it still had some big ass guns mounted to it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Need one with a turret ring please.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice find OP, I've been looking at Pinzgauers lately, but these are pretty cool too!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does it come with a mechanic?
View Quote

Most important
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]
if i had a good chunk of money to waste id buy one And drop a 12V cummins and allison transmission in it!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been wanting one... Just can't justify having such an old vehicle, that will be hard to park/drive in the city....
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Are they just refurbished?

In middle school a neighbor had one. He gave me a ride in it once, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He also had a viper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't like em, don't buy one. Never understood why people seem to have a ''tude'' about someone trying to sell someting and make a living unless they are purposely defrauding the buyer/s.

Not my cup O' tea but if they sell, good for the business owners and good for the employees.

Or, a buyer could buy a Rubicon or add stickers, spend 20K more  on doo dads and bling shit and be just like the other 200 thousand wanna be 4 wheelers with one just like theirs that never sees as much as a 4 inch deep mud puddle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice find OP, I've been looking at Pinzgauers lately, but these are pretty cool too!
View Quote

Pinzgauers are way cooler.

way, way cooler.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In middle school a neighbor had one. He gave me a ride in it once, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He also had a viper.
View Quote

Watch the youtube video on it .

They go through them pretty well .
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Most important
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most important

They are low miles

What breaks on them more than a older diesel pick up truck  priced in the 20's  someone might buy?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Pretty cool. What exactly do you have to do to a military humvee to make it street legal? It seems kinda crazy that if it lacks safety features or what ever for street use that the military doesn't have it on their vehicles to protect soldiers

But like I said, i have no idea what is different.

I have always liked the look of the original H1 and military humvee - just no use for it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Are these pre hub refit?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pretty cool. What exactly do you have to do to a military humvee to make it street legal? It seems kinda crazy that if it lacks safety features or what ever for street use that the military doesn't have it on their vehicles to protect soldiers

I have always liked the look of the original H1 and military humvee - just no use for it.
View Quote

The government makes the rules bro.  They also exempt themselves from those same rules.  I could give another million examples.  I used to work for the government.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The government makes the rules bro.  They also exempt themselves from those same rules.  I could give another million examples.  I used to work for the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People have had varying luck getting the auction vehicles titled for road use. I know of one Texas member who has one, as well as one guy local to me-he got a bonded title and signed a statement saying it has a horn, brakes, lights and seat belts. Paid a fee and done. Road title and plates.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

People have had varying luck getting the auction vehicles titled for road use. I know of one Texas member who has one, as well as one guy local to me-he got a bonded title and signed a statement saying it has a horn, brakes, lights and seat belts. Paid a fee and done. Road title and plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the state.

It's more roadworthy than your average ghetto Donk.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize they make the rules - but what rules are they making different? Military humvees don't have lights, brakes, seat belts, and a horn? I though they had all those things

So what is physically not letting it on the road with out alterations, legally?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are these pre hub refit?
View Quote

Don't know
Can you explain the difference if they are not?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Would drive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are these pre hub refit?

Don't know

The wheels can come off if they haven't had the revised hub design.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What an abortion.  
View Quote

Well played!

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They are low miles

What breaks on them more than a older diesel pick up truck  priced in the 20's  someone might buy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most important

They are low miles

Everything. You don't even have to drive it for it to break.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Don't like em, don't buy one. Never understood why people seem to have a ''tude'' about someone trying to sell someting and make a living unless they are purposely defrauding the buyer/s.

Not my cup O' tea but if they sell, good for the business owners and good for the employees.

Or, a buyer could buy a Rubicon or add stickers, spend 20K more  on doo dads and bling shit and be just like the other 200 thousand wanna be 4 wheelers with one just like theirs that never sees as much as a 4 inch deep mud puddle.
View Quote

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Same sentiment could be said of crotch rocket bikes, and expensive fast cars.

What ever floats yer boat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most important

They are low miles

HUMVEE's tend to draw direct and indirect fire.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#32]
same reliability as a Jeep?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I realize they make the rules - but what rules are they making different? Military humvees don't have lights, brakes, seat belts, and a horn? I though they had all those things

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The auctions are selling them as off road only. The requirements I mentioned are just what the guy I know had to say it has. Other states may or may not allow them to be registered. And yes, they do originally have those features. Issue is they don't meet emissions standards for the year of manufacture and they don't have the more modern safety features.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Ive had 2.

Still own a 1992 M998 4 Man Cargo.

They are somewhat maintenance intensive, if you plan to use them daily.

For just dicking around, they are about as reliable as anything else 4x4 and 20+ years old.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Would drive.
View Quote

Then give it back to it's owner.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They are low miles

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most important

They are low miles

It still takes 8 guys to push it while 2 guys to steer it. Even with low miles.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dream truck
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Would drive.
View Quote

This..  I've always wanted one
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the kind of person this thing will appeal to.  Someone who has a number of different vehicles, which they only drive occasionally.   This is a lousy people transport, commuter, grocery getter, road tripper, ...and just about everything else.  But if you occasionally want to drive a "look at me" vehicle, that says a great big "FUCK YOU" to environmentalist, guzzles diesel, and requires lots of maintenance, go for it.  People buy more expensive toys than this.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's the kind of person this thing will appeal to.  Someone who has a number of different vehicles, which they only drive occasionally.   This is a lousy people transport, commuter, grocery getter, road tripper, ...and just about everything else.  But if you occasionally want to drive a "look at me" vehicle, that says a great big "FUCK YOU" to environmentalist, guzzles diesel, and requires lots of maintenance, go for it.  People buy more expensive toys than this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I want one.  

Real good buddy of mine had a few.  Despite the seating not being as comfy as a Jeep, they're a lot cooler than Jeeps or other SUVs which are mostly glorified grocery getters.  We did lots of off-roading in his.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ive had 2.

Still own a 1992 M998 4 Man Cargo.

They are somewhat maintenance intensive, if you plan to use them daily.

For just dicking around, they are about as reliable as anything else 4x4 and 20+ years old.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/hkx4/0411161742_zpsxmk2x8qb.jpg
View Quote

Nice rig

My doc bought one very similar at auction... it had been National Guard.
20k-ish miles, had never left the desert Southwest
It's a 'toy' for him, so maintenance is a non-issue

Makes me think real hard about acquiring one
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

All things being equal, these Plan B Hummers are a pretty cheap "fun" car.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget the spare parts....
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Damn it, shouldn't have gone to that Sight, just enquired about building a custom deuce
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Damn it, shouldn't have gone to that Sight, just enquired about building a custom deuce
View Quote
Do it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Slow, big, yet not a lot of seating, complex drivetrain with limited availability of parts. I think i'll pass. I'd rather have the Toyota hi-lux diesel suv I had in Afghanistan or the Nissan quad cab 4x4 I had in Iraq then one of those turds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks fun as hell.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do it.

Business already runs a couple of Deuce Dump trucks so looking at doing a quad cab rv or possibly going 8x8 anybody know engine tranny combo on those?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top