Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 2:05:28 PM EDT
a buddy of mine wants to move is Norinco M14/M1A or whatever they are actually called?

$750. It looks good and Ive read some stuff on soft bolts etc...

Should I FO?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy that up quick, assuming its not beat to hell.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck yes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would buy that up quick, assuming its not beat to hell.
View Quote

This for sure they are damn nice semi auto m14's
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck yes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Jump on it, that's a great price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Run! Get to da choppah! Go!

And buy a GI Bolt for it.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Get it.

I traded a AR I had under 500 in for this one.
I've yet to fire it, but I'm very impressed with the looks. It looks like they put very good effort into the copy.

My same question and info I got a couple weeks ago, might be helpful to you also.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1854120_Polytech_M14__possible_trade__Edit_in_op__it_s_mine_all_mine_.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah its in good shape for a shooter

the SVT isnt for sale but its the one here in the pic

I already have one SVT anyway...

The stock looks like typical chinese. Will probably buy a GI American stock and stick the norinco one away.

one mag

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Good price, nearly a great price.  Solid rifles, don't worry about the bolt.  I paid $850 for my Polytech about three years ago and I considered that a steal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Sombody sanded down and poly-urethaned that stock.

Great guns; I bought mine new around 1993, it's been a reliable as rain ever since, and embarrassingly accurate ( at least for the Springfield guys!) 2moa with irons.

There was a batch of soft bolts, but the issue is widly overblown, exceberated by lots of folks, pros and hobbyists alike, gauging the headspace on Norincos with commercial .308 headspace gauges, rather than mispec NATO.

I have had zero issues with mine. If it functions, and won't swollw a NATO "Field" gauge, I'd just shoot it and not worry.

Brit member Timlad having a go on mine.....

BUY IT!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought it looked like a typical chinese AK or SKS commercial stock. I definitely want a traditional oil finish type GI stock on it.

If the poly isnt original chinese finish then I will just refinish that stock vs. buying one from Fred's

Picking it up tonight!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
That's what I paid for mine in nearly new condition.  I ended up selling it because I tend to get  bored of firearms.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#14]
She's home now. Three digit serial number

What do you guys think of the stock? It looks like it had the cut out for a fun switch. I dont know enough about their stocks or chinese wood/any wood to tell what it is.

I definitely want an oil finished GI type walnut stock on it. One mag and the floorplate is marked Check Mate

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#15]
That's a man's gun for sure.
A real rifleman's weapon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#17]
750 is fucking deal for that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweet looking rifle.

Seems like you got a decent deal too...congrats.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sweet looking rifle.

Seems like you got a decent deal too...congrats.
View Quote

Thanks! I'm happy. Need to shoot the damn thing
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
750 is fucking deal for that.
View Quote

Yea it is.  It's heel marked too, which I believe are much rarer than the side marked ones.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Those have forged receivers, too.

You stole that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Good Score!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck yes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it properly heat treated and dimensionally correct?  I seem  to recall reading that Norincos had issues along those lines.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Why, oh why do I never come across deals like that. Good score.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Well worth it
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
yeah its in good shape for a shooter

the SVT isnt for sale but its the one here in the pic

I already have one SVT anyway...

The stock looks like typical chinese. Will probably buy a GI American stock and stick the norinco one away.

one mag

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/user/fury413rb/media/m14.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/fury413rb/m14.jpg</a>

View Quote

Picked up the same pair last year. $1600 local sale.
As soon as we went to the FFL, the dealer told me he'd pay me $1200 for the SVT. Money had already changed hands. I felt bad for the guy I had just bought them from.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I cant believe how much SVTs have gone up in value
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Fo fo sho.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#31]
You should have bought it yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I like to post before reading sometimes.

itsbeautiful.jpg
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I like the old school TT bike too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice. The stock is not nearly as bad as mine. I have no idea if it's a Polytech or a Norinco. All I know is it's very accurate, kicks like a mule and has no serial number
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice. The stock is not nearly as bad as mine. I have no idea if it's a Polytech or a Norinco. All I know is it's very accurate, kicks like a mule and has no serial number
View Quote

hell it looks like all the markings on mine were added with an electro pencil haha
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like the old school TT bike too.
View Quote

thanks! its a '99 Cannondale Multisport 2000. Not too many 650c bikes still being ridden

I am a triathlon guy. Glad you recognized it as a TT/Tri bike. All of my "modern" bikes are American made cannondales

I hurt my back early last year so this photo I had the stem flipped as I couldnt handle the drop in this pic

Back down to normal now. honestly I wish I had a little more drop.

This one is from Redman 70.3 last year

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Good score, OP; Heel-marked Norinco. Quality receiver and chromed lined barrel; the bolt issue is not a big deal; you can always replace it with a USG bolt. USGI Walnut stocks are plentiful and as long as you have ammo, it'll run.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I cant believe how much SVTs have gone up in value
View Quote

They have things the SKS should have used if Stalin hadn't been a cheap ass about mags.

The price increases I think are because of people like me who's first military type rifle was an SKS and then researched detachable mags, or why the sks lacked them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think mine is chu wood. I thought it might have been a USGI stock as it had a fun switch cut out but I am 99% sure its chu chinese wood. Its pretty beat up and has a chunk out of the buttstock. I may try to strip and oil finish this one and see how it looks before I order a GI walnut stock. I have a couple other gun projects I would like to finish before I get real into this one. Hell, I need to check to see if the bolt is USGI. My 7.62Nato headspace gage hasnt shown up yet either.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]
That appears to be a USGI stock. Chinese stocks did not come with selector/connector cutouts. I also think your rifle has a USGI flash hider, I do not believe any Chinese guns came with F/H with the bayo lug. (Although some real early ones could have, im not sure). Look at the top of your bolt, are there any numbers/letters? If there is you have a USGI bolt
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I had a coworker that had that same rifle in near new condition in his safe and he told me I could have it for $600... I sat on the deal for a couple years knowing the offer would stand forever and I would buy it one day. But one day a customer (close friend) came in and told me he was looking for an M1A/M14 so I told him about the great deal and would be willing to pass it on if he was interested. He was a young guy maybe 19 at the time and his dad (the owner of the company he works for) isn't a gun guy so I don't mind helping him out. He jumped on the opportunity and went and bought it. The next day I asked if he was going to go shoot it soon and you know what he said...... ya'll ain't even gonna believe this shit!

He said he went home, read that Chinese M1A's were crap on some gun forum so he brought it to a pawn shop and sold it, then went to the box store and bought a Springfield NM.... he could have called me but he didn't, shit he coulda sold it back to the original owner... that lost deal has haunted me ever since.

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I have one. Very nice shooter. The previous owner had the bolt replaced at Warbirds with a USGI bolt to avoid the headspacing issues. Runs like a top. I paid $1150.

Warbirds
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I had a coworker that had that same rifle in near new condition in his safe and he told me I could have it for $600... I sat on the deal for a couple years knowing the offer would stand forever and I would buy it one day. But one day a customer (close friend) came in and told me he was looking for an M1A/M14 so I told him about the great deal and would be willing to pass it on if he was interested. He was a young guy maybe 19 at the time and his dad (the owner of the company he works for) isn't a gun guy so I don't mind helping him out. He jumped on the opportunity and went and bought it. The next day I asked if he was going to go shoot it soon and you know what he said...... ya'll ain't even gonna believe this shit!

He said he went home, read that Chinese M1A's were crap on some gun forum so he brought it to a pawn shop and sold it, then went to the box store and bought a Springfield NM.... he could have called me but he didn't, shit he coulda sold it back to the original owner... that lost deal has haunted me ever since.

- Clint
View Quote

Aint that a kick in the nuts.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Clint

Iwould've kicked him in the nuts with a safety boot for that. FFFUUU!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you guys think I should leave the stock alone or give it a shot doing an oil finish on it? I saw a couple pictures online of people getting them to look halfway decent if it is Chu wood.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd put a USGI stock on that and stash the original away somewhere. I picked one up years ago for 600 and my brother has it now. We made a deal that it stays in the family. Good score, mine shot great and the bolt has not been an issue. If you want you can put a USGI in it though pretty reasonably.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Bolt pic no markings

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top