Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 4/11/2016 11:21:21 AM EDT
Why does this need its own thread? Because if it is posted in another thread it will get lost, and I think the history of the CO process is deserving of its own thread, center stage, for those who want to understand what truly happened.

There will be many who will dismiss it out of hand because it is the National Review, but if you give it an honest read you will better understand what happened.

Cruz didnt make the rules, neither did Trump or Kasich, but they all had the opportunity to compete for those delegates.

By all accounts Trump's field staff went through a major upheaval with firings and reassignments just hours before the delegate selection. Was that somehow Cruz's fault, or indicative of Trump's poor campaign management.

Put the blame where it belongs, Trump got schooled in the intricacies of running a presidential campaign, just like he did in Iowa.

Flame away.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Trump is a loser who thinks because he's a rich guy who always (almost) gets his way he's whining. There is no way this clown could handle the rejection of being POTUS. Both by the public and other world leaders.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the only time that Cruz supporters will like something that festering liberal shithole of a state full of hippies ever does.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Oh... and for any Trump supporters "condescending" means "We talk down to you."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the only time that Cruz supporters will like something that festering liberal shithole of a state full of hippies ever does.
View Quote

Funny as the same type of thing has happened in multiple states, GA included.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]
heres something else that really bugs me about trump.  hes continually using the word "unfair"  did his mommy not ever teach him the world was not fair???
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember during the recall process some members here tried to get involved in the Colorado Republican party. They were pretty much shut out. Doesn't seem like a process you can be involved in unless the establishment allows you to be involved.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a corrupt system and it is only more obvious than ever that it is a corrupt system.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]
They're going to need this in under 140 characters to get it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is a corrupt system and it is only more obvious than ever that it is a corrupt system.
View Quote

Just to be clear - corrupt system to you means that it is too hard to understand.  Got it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why does this need its own thread? Because if it is posted in another thread it will get lost, and I think the history of the CO process is deserving of its own thread, center stage, for those who want to understand what truly happened.

There will be many who will dismiss it out of hand because it is the National Review, but if you give it an honest read you will better understand what happened.

Cruz didnt make the rules, neither did Trump or Kasich, but they all had the opportunity to compete for those delegates.

By all accounts Trump's field staff went through a major upheaval with firings and reassignments just hours before the delegate selection. Was that somehow Cruz's fault, or indicative of Trump's poor campaign management.

Put the blame where it belongs, Trump got schooled in the intricacies of running a presidential campaign, just like he did in Iowa.

Flame away.
View Quote

Because the primaries are just a suggestion right?  Cruz is just part of the GOPe now.

#nevercruz #FGOPe
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
You Cruz supporters can tattoo that "1237" on your fucking forehead for all the good it will do Ted Cruz or any last minute retread GOPe slime-ball that schleps out of the GOPe convention to the general.....But I think deep down you already know that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Drudge and Breitbart are to blame for this shit reporting, mostly Drudge. Last night he linked a story from last year as his headline that I doubt a single trumper picked up on. The other linked "stories" are some trumper burning his party card on youtube and shitter posts. Yellow fucking journalism is back hardcore I guess.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Heard a Trump manager complaining about it on the news today, then the news switched to the democrat delegate mess. The Bern won Wyoming at 54% but got 7 delegates to Hillary's 11

Political parties are going to party
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You Cruz supporters can tattoo that "1237" on your fucking forehead for all the good it will do Ted Cruz or any last minute retread GOPe slime-ball that schleps out of the GOPe convention to the general.....But I think deep down you already know that.
View Quote
So you're voting Hillary?

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe you're right, maybe the GOPe will steal it. Doubtful considering the difficulty of changing Rule 40(b) or getting the 8 states required for Rule 32. At this point talking about it is nothing more than trying to convince people they need to vote for Trump to make sure he hits 1237.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#19]

When National Review and a bunch of Cruz supporters are pedantically Mittsplaining the same lines it's time to take notice. Strange bedfellows and whatnot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Typical.

The GOPe shill tries to misdirect folks away from the fact that what the GOP did in Colorado is probably the dumbest primary season idiocy seen in our lifetimes.

This is going to bite the GOP in the ass for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

When National Review and a bunch of Cruz supporters are pedantically Mittsplaining the same lines it's time to take notice. Strange bedfellows and whatnot.
View Quote

Oh how adorable.

You guys are adapting your other leftisms to fit your new home.

I don't know how you guys tolerate all the micro-agressions, but I guess some sacrifices have to be made for the cause.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#22]
If this same thing happened to Cruz it would be GOP corruption but Cruz is in with the GOP so now its all good to go which is complete hypocrisy.
A lot of us have been blown away by the shitty candidates the GOP foists on us and it is plainly obvious how they do it after this election.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
The delegates were not supposed to be assigned to any candidate.  They were supposed to be free to vote for anyone on the first ballot.  Did that happen?  Nope.  Did backroom deals in small caucus meetings decide that Cruz would get all the delegates?  Yes.  Was there a state wide Caucus? No.  It is dishonest backroom deals, which the GOPe is known for.  Congratulations your candidate now qualifies as a slimy, dishonest, and unethical politician.  The anti-establishment candidate was given Colorado by the GOPe and you all celebrate the union of the two.  It must make you all so proud to be servicing the GOPe.  

I find it amazing how many people here who started out supporting an anti-establishment candidate are now more than happy to be on their knees with the GOPe's **** in their ******.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Establishment sometimes means you have to spend time to earn your position.  I have been an elected precinct chair of 4 years or so.  If I had tried I could have easily been a state convention delegate, but as it is I am an alternate (we had not filled our position before the county convention, so I offered at that point. Honestly I offered the state convention delegate to one of my constituents (betting we could double my precincts representation).  That said, being a national delegate takes MUCH more effort.  That is as it should be, as several counties are represented by our single congressional district rep.  I suspect our at large rep is our regions elected state party rep-who spends hundreds of hours every year working for the party.

Don't whine and cry when you don't do anything for the party and then those that due don't let you rule the party.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oh how adorable.

I don't know how you guys tolerate all the micro-agressions, but I guess some sacrifices have to be made for the cause.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh how adorable.

I just noted a peculiar alliance of two bodies that were previously opposed.  The vitriol is all you, dude.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I just noted a peculiar alliance of two bodies that were previously opposed.  The vitriol is all you, dude.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh how adorable.

Honestly, who do you think you're kidding?

It's transparent as hell for people who have been here for a decade or more.

I suppose it beats Starbucks.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#27]
[personal attack removed - warning issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh how adorable.

Now that's a new twist!  What?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe you're right, maybe the GOPe will steal it. Doubtful considering the difficulty of changing Rule 40(b) or getting the 8 states required for Rule 32. At this point talking about it is nothing more than trying to convince people they need to vote for Trump to make sure he hits 1237.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give Cruz his props on gaming the CO "primary" system, it was masterful, but that being said Ted Cruz will have a very hard time gaming the electoral college.

I simply can't fathom Cruz carrying a single swing state that really matters....None, nada, zilch.

Given their track record of late careful what you wish for when your boy gets in league with the GOPe.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The voters are supposed to rule the party; the GOP forgot this and that is why they lose lose lose.
Seeing as you are a condescending cunt it doesn't surprise me that you work with the GOP; you sound like you could be a congressman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Establishment sometimes means you have to spend time to earn your position.  I have been an elected precinct chair of 4 years or so.  If I had tried I could have easily been a state convention delegate, but as it is I am an alternate (we had not filled our position before the county convention, so I offered at that point.  That said, being a national delegate takes MUCH more effort.  

Don't whine and cry when you don't do anything for the party and then those that due don't let you rule the party.

The voters are supposed to rule the party; the GOP forgot this and that is why they lose lose lose.
Seeing as you are a condescending cunt it doesn't surprise me that you work with the GOP; you sound like you could be a congressman.

Once again you are incorrect.  Which voters?  Democrat voters who vote in a REPUBLICAN primary/caucus?  Independent voters who vote in a REPUBLICAN primary/caucus? Republican voters who vote in a REPUBLICAN primary/caucus? Which voters?

The process is and always has been a party endeavor and an inability to understand this, just like Trump, is the product of wish fulfilment based in fantasy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Voters do rule, but it is representative rule.  I was elected to represent my precinct-likewise our state reps was selected by vote, our national reps are selected by vote, and our state deligates were elected by vote.  But while I represent about 2,000 people-I had 2 attend our precinct and county meetings.  The 3 of us split the voting power of 2,000.  We could have had 16 people splitting that vote, but nobody came to express their personal opinion.

In theory a representative system can be good or bad.  It solves the problem of low information voters, but adds the problem of what appears to be an "establishment". I became a member of the "establishment" by being known to most of e voters in my precinct and campaigning 1 evening.  I beat the incumbent by 5:1.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I
Quoted:

I'll give Cruz his props on gaming the CO "primary" system, it was masterful, but that being said Ted Cruz will have a very hard time gaming the electoral college.

I simply can't fathom Cruz carrying a single swing state that really matters....None, nada, zilch.

Given their track record of late careful what you wish for when your boy gets in league with the GOPe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't see Cruz carrying the swing states so you support a populist-labor blowhard who won't even carry all the Republican states?

Can someone print an explanation of politics on hats and then sell the hats at the Dollar Store, truck stops and NASCAR races?   Might be the only way to reach to Trumpsters.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The delegates were not supposed to be assigned to any candidate.  They were supposed to be free to vote for anyone on the first ballot.  Did that happen?  Nope.  Did backroom deals in small caucus meetings decide that Cruz would get all the delegates?  Yes.  Was there a state wide Caucus? No.  It is dishonest backroom deals, which the GOPe is known for.  Congratulations your candidate now qualifies as a slimy, dishonest, and unethical politician.  The anti-establishment candidate was given Colorado by the GOPe and you all celebrate the union of the two.  It must make you all so proud to be servicing the GOPe.  

I find it amazing how many people here who started out supporting an anti-establishment candidate are now more than happy to be on their knees with the GOPe's **** in their ******.

View Quote

with the GOPe's <dick?> in their ****** <hmmmm, six characters... this is challenging>

rectum

armpit

router

corner

cavity

attic

booger <teeeheee>

boxers

colons

fajita

Please help us narrow this down, Swire.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Typical.

The GOPe shill tries to misdirect folks away from the fact that what the GOP did in Colorado is probably the dumbest primary season idiocy seen in our lifetimes.

View Quote

It may well be, but the process was known in advance. One candidate played to win, the other cried like a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I all hear from Orange Jesus and  disciples is:

Buck-up, little Trump Tikes, he will win big in" liberal NY" and then you can jump up and down and tell us how great he is again.  Yea Trump!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#36]
It's no secret that representative situations like this turn people and influence into a commodity.  It's just a new and fascinating level of ownership of process over voice and the glee with which it's rammed down people's throats.  Add in overt contempt and you have an almost perfect recipe.

BTW, the GOP doesn't stand much of a chance this year and we did it to ourselves.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I
You can't see Cruz carrying the swing states so you support a populist-labor blowhard who won't even carry all the Republican states?

Can someone print an explanation of politics on hats and then sell the hats at the Dollar Store, truck stops and NASCAR races?   Might be the only way to reach to Trumpsters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish, meaningless, and demeaning rhetoric aside......I could honestly see Trump winning in FL, OH, PA, and maybe even in Virginia, but Cruz, not a snowball's chance in hell of that ever happening in any of those states....Any-of-them.

Meh, you may very well get to see how Cruz and his new GOPe chums preform first hand and then we will see if I'm correct or not....Rots of Ruck with that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's no secret that representative situations like this turn people and influence into a commodity.  It's just a new and fascinating level of ownership of process over voice and the glee with which it's rammed down people's throats.  Add in overt contempt and you have an almost perfect recipe.

BTW, the GOP doesn't stand much of a chance this year and we did it to ourselves.
View Quote

Thank you Orange Jesus, you almost saved us from Hillary. The Devil GOP got us again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Well good news for you people, Rush was saying if Trump loses he will be the last outsider to run. The good ole boys club will be saved and the transformation to a socialist gouberment can go ahead as planned.

While I like you guys you are really small minded
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Childish, meaningless, and demeaning rhetoric aside......I could honestly see Trump winning in FL, OH, PA, and maybe even in Virginia, but Cruz, not a snowball's chance in hell of that ever happening in any of those states....Any-of-them.

Meh, you may very well get to see how Cruz and his new GOPe chums preform first hand and then we will see if I'm correct or not....Rots of Ruck with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys are kidding themselves. After Trump gets taken out the GOP will turn on Cruz. If not Trump it will be Kasich or Ryan.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's another article that explains it.

http://ariarmstrong.com/2016/04/setting-the-record-straight-about-colorados-republican-caucus/

Signed,
GOPe Shill Uncle Big Green

PS - It's really unfvckingbelievable that I and other delegates have explained the whole thing to some of you here numerous time and you still don't get it or listen.  Most of us don't think the rules in place were perfect, but they've been here since August.  I'm still laughing that some of you probably believe that Mitch McConnell is sending us cigars for doing his bidding.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#43]
The OP seems rather upset that the public isn't accepting the backroom deals the GOPe put in place.  Like I've been saying all day, Ted Cruz might have been given the delegates but it is costing him support over how he did it.  Just like with the dirty tricks he pulled in Iowa, the dirty tricks in Wisconsin, and the heavy handed tactics he used in Michigan (where he didn't get a single delegate).  

I think Cruz should sing the praises of the GOPe even more and implement more Gestapo like tactics.  After all it is has worked for him so far...
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Typical.

View Quote

Wanna bet?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys are fooling themselves. If the GOP can stop Trump they will turn on Cruz. It will be Kasich or Ryan.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go sit in the corner.  Maybe you'll find a clue there.  I'm not trying to sound mean, but my patience for this is wearing thin.

Signed,
Participant in the Backroom Caucus Dealing and State Delegate
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That would be a good thing.  Having a lifelong liberal/Democrat run as a Republican is not a good thing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well good news for you people, Rush was saying if Trump loses he will be the last ourptsider to run. The good ole boys club will be saved and the transformation to a socialist gouberment can go ahead as planned.

That would be a good thing.  Having a lifelong liberal/Democrat run as a Republican is not a good thing.  

You keep saying that but no one believes it. Trump is a capitalist first and a politician last. Trump is a liberal capitalist? No such thing these days.

Trump is a opportunist for sure. People like you and I remain poor because we have core beliefs and principles.
But make no mistake Cruz is a shark and shyster just like the rest of his establisment coworkers. Problem is his co workers hate him.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

heres something else that really bugs me about trump.  hes continually using the word "unfair"  did his mommy not ever teach him the world was not fair???
View Quote

If my daddy gave me a million bucks to start a business and I inherited more millions when he passed on, I'd probably think the world was pretty fair too.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You keep saying that but no one believes it. Trump is a capitalist first and a politician last. Trump is a liberal capitalist? No such thing these days.

Trump is a opportunist for sure. People like you and I remain poor because we have core beliefs and principles.
But make no mistake Cruz is a shark and shyster just like the rest of his establisment coworkers. Problem is his co workers hate him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well good news for you people, Rush was saying if Trump loses he will be the last ourptsider to run. The good ole boys club will be saved and the transformation to a socialist gouberment can go ahead as planned.

He supports Kelo.
He supports the Obamacare mandate.
He thinks healthcare is one of the government's top 3 responsibilities.
He wants the FCC to censor his critics.

Sounds like a liberal to me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top