Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 7:24:42 AM EDT
Does the whole door REALLY have to be repainted?

The vehicle is only one month old.

In the past, I've had damage repaired and paint matched - they didn't repaint the whole panel and the paint matched perfectly.

TIA
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does the whole door REALLY have to be repainted?

The vehicle is only one month old.

In the past, I've had damage repaired and paint matched - they didn't repaint the whole panel and the paint matched perfectly.

TIA
View Quote

When I had a paint problem on the hood of my car, they told me that they could "blend" it into the existing paint to make it look like it matched.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Any body shop that would tell you they have to repaint the entire door just to fix a small chip, isn't worth a shit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input, fellas.

I couldn't believe they were saying that!

I'll look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never been so vain.... <<<<  Just busting your balls man...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They sell various types of door edge guards, maybe you could use one to cover the chip over.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
eat a paintchip
become a moderator
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends on the paint. Mystic Cobra mustangs might need the whole door painted for a chip because of the paint. Do you have a mystic cobra?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a scuff on my motorcycle fairing.  I bought some paint (candy blue) and clearcoat aerosol from Color Rite and they assured me that it would blend very easy.
I am sure you can do it on a car just the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top