Vitamin C, 1000mg

Vitamin D3, 5000iu

Vitamin E,  400iu

BetaCarotene 10,000iu

shark liver oil, 500mg

salmon oil,1000mg

calcium citrate + magnesium

B6,kelp,lecithin+ snake oil.

That  is  my regular  handful, 5 or 6 days  per week.

occasionally, I will  miss the heap, and just have a C and D3 with morning coffee.

Silly?

Excessive?

waste of time ?

what supplements do YOU use regularly ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nothing.
View Quote
I tried that once.

Nothing happened.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Big assed multivitamin.

Uh, it's sort of blue-ish grey.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Fish oil
Whey
Beer
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Mega Mens every day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless your diet consists of fast food 2x a day, that is very very excessive. There's studies showing the harm in this as well.

I take D3 because I cannot be outside due to work. I also eat a few stalks of celery, an avocado and plenty of water every day. I feel much better than the supplement days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Big assed multivitamin.

Uh, it's sort of blue-ish grey.

View Quote

Does it make your pee stink?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
B12
E 1000iu

C 1000mg

D3 5000iu

fish oil 4000mg

flax oil 4000mg

garlic, shitloads

1tbsp cinnamon, ceylon not cassia

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
B
C
D
Zinc
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM gave me another shot at life by helping my knees.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing.

Only what my doc recommended
Vitamin D
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Calcium magnesium
Peanut butter
D3
AI
Chicken boobs
Vit C
Multi vit
Armour Thyro
Test Cyp
Vit B12
HGC
4 of the 3.6.9 fish oil
A few skoops of protein
creatine
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
6 grams of tumeric a day. It's like magic if you have arthritis or achy joints. Magic I tell you. Takes about 2 weeks to work, and you have to take at least that amount every day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Calcium magnesium
Peanut butter
D3
AI
Chicken boobs
Vit C
Multi vit
Armour Thyro
Test Cyp
Vit B12
HGC
4 of the 3.6.9 fish oil
A few skoops of protein
creatine
View Quote

Creatine?  

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]
MVI
fish oil
vit d
sometimes a vit C if I feel like it
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM gave me another shot at life by helping my knees.
View Quote

Same here on the Gluco
Quit taking it twice over the last 10 years or so and my knees started hurting again. Won't quit again.
Also take fish oil and a multi vitamin daily
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Creatine?  

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calcium magnesium
Peanut butter
D3
AI
Chicken boobs
Vit C
Multi vit
Armour Thyro
Test Cyp
Vit B12
HGC
4 of the 3.6.9 fish oil
A few skoops of protein
creatine

Creatine?  

I have no idea where that's from, but it's freaking golden!

Copy and paste that in the SD&F Wendler thread! There are a few guys in there that would get a laugh out of it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
I tried that combination for about 6 years, sort of, seemed to help a LITTLE  bit for the first year, but pain and creakiness never went away, always hard to get out of bed, and could not do squats, always sore and hurt

after  motocross races, or  practice.

About 10 years ago, A motocross racer gave me a bottle of Shark Liver oil.  after a month of daily shark, my knees were noticeably improved. six months: pain free, and  quieter, the grinding, popping, creaking sounds went away.

Doing squats regular, no problem.  Running 6 miles: No problem.

Get up in the morning, no pains.

The Shark Liver oil seems to have helped in my case, as I quit taking the MSM, glucosamine 9 years ago, and joints are doing well.

The D3 is pretty well established to be essential supplement if you work indoors all day, or live where there is winter.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Call me what you want.

Not a pill popper.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

My normal daily morning supplement load:

Vitamin C, 1000mg

Vitamin D3, 5000iu

Vitamin E,  400iu

BetaCarotene 10,000iu

shark liver oil, 500mg

salmon oil,1000mg

calcium citrate + magnesium

B6,kelp,lecithin+ snake oil.

That  is  my regular  handful, 5 or 6 days  per week.

occasionally, I will  miss the heap, and just have a C and D3 with morning coffee.

Silly?

Excessive?

waste of time ?

what supplements do YOU use regularly ?

View Quote

i'm good with the C and D3 - i take those as well.  I also take a probiotic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Nothing, if you have a balanced healthy diet you don't need all that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Probiotics and Rockstar.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Red meat and beer.

Fuck that, I don't want to live forever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Red meat and beer.

View Quote

And don't forget the Joker!

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Daily:

Multi
Fish Oil
Glucosamine with MSM

20g Creatine Mono
5g Creatinol O-Phosphate
3:1:2 BCAA
Glutamine
Beta Alinine
Beef-based protein

I buy all of my supps besides the fish oil, multi, and Glucosamine in pure powdered form - much cheaper and less dilluted than off-the-shelf products from nutrition stores.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Centrum multi-vitamin
Fish oil 1000u
Co Q-10
D-3 5000u
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Call me what you want.

Not a pill popper.

View Quote
If you live in Michigan, and wear clothing during the day, it is physiologically impossible for you to get enough

vitamin D3 from your food.

Supplemental D3 is recognized requirement for continued health in northern climates.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Red meat and beer.

What's that?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Daily

Multi vitamin
B12
Whey Protein
Creatine
Fish oil breakfast and dinner
1 tbsp Ceylon Cinnamon

Labdoor.com for purity of supplements
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Centrum vision vitamins, and St. John's Wort.

The  St. John's is for Asthma, big in Europe !
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Nothing, btw I have read that taking 1,000mg and over of vitamin C daily and it actually becomes carcinogenic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Protein isolate
Amino energy (pre workout)
Creatine

Edit= almost forgot Flintstone chewable vitamins
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Red meat and beer.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I like to give the wife Protein injections...
I'd like to give the neighbors wife and his daughter  a couple too
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Barley, hops, water, occasionally some protein in the AM, and a GNC vitapak.  

Lots of barley and hops.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
C
Multi
Aspirin
Fish Oil
Echinacea
Sometimes add a Berocca when I'm dragging arse
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#39]
MVI only if your ill, pregnant or an alcoholic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Multi
Mg
Ca
B complex
L-lecithyn
Condroitin glucosamine
Zinc when I feel the shit coming on
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Multivitamin
Krill Oil
Birth Control pill (the most important of the three).
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#42]
How much money are you spending on vitamins every month?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Omega 3
Coconut oil
Astrogalus
Ashwagandha (KSM-66 extract specifically)
Gotu Kola
Vinpocetine
Phenibut
Piracetam
Oxiracetam
Coluracetam
Phenylpiracetam
Aniracetam
Noopept
NSI-189
Horny Goat Weed
Tianeptine
B-Complex
Multivitamin
Magnesium L-Threonate or Glyconate
Calcium
Agomelatine
Saw Palmetto
Kava Kava Extract

Thinking I might add Qunol to that
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Something that rhymes with wussy and starts with a p.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Various combos of these

Eleuthero
Rhodiola
Curcumin
Ashwaghanda
Ginger root
Coffee
Swedish snus
Whey
Optimum nutrition amino energy
Rooibos tea
Green tea
Yerba tea
Rosehip and hibicus tea
Dark chocolate
Inulin
Hi maize starch
Florastor
Kombucha
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Whiskey & pizza.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

How much money are you spending on vitamins every month?

View Quote
Not even a remote clue.

Wife buys most online.

Does the cost matter in some way ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Centrum silver
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#49]
A lot of shit.  Helps my BS stay stable tho
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nothing.
View Quote

FPNI.

If I feel a cold coming on I take airborne and zinc though..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top