Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 12:03:38 AM EDT
See a ghost?  Abducted by aliens?  Witness a miracle?  Confronted by Bigfoot in the woods?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw a UFO that hovered above a mountain range to my right for a few seconds, then darted clear across the horizon in 2 seconds.  That was from a dead stop, and witnessed by my sister.

As close to supernatural as I have ever been.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I sit in an old firehouse from 11pm to 7am. Scary when you are by yourself and every little thing makes a noise. Or when you are out at your truck at 4am getting something and you could swear someone says, "Hey, how's it goin?" I almost shat myself when that happened.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Would swear someone sits on the edge of my bed sometimes at night while I lay there trying to sleep.

Don't ask TREETOP about ouija boards.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah. I have. You're not gonna hear it though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw a UFO that hovered above a mountain range to my right for a few seconds, then darted clear across the horizon in 2 seconds.  That was from a dead stop, and witnessed by my sister.

As close to supernatural as I have ever been.
View Quote

I don't suppose UFOs are supernatural, but they are freaky.  I saw one while loading groceries into my car one night.  It was a extremely clear night.  For the heck of it, I looked up after closing the hatch and saw a star sized object moving across the sky.  At one point it stopped instantly, stayed in place for a few seconds and then shot off in a completely different direction going over the horizon.  Another time I was in my front yard tying to see some meteorites(supposed to be a meteor shower that night).  A huge object sort of shaded like a cross passed very slowly overhead making no noise at all.  I suppose it could have been a formation of objects shaped like a cross instead of a single object.  I followed it until it disappeared behind some trees.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard a woman admit she was wrong once ... once
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I bet he shat on your chest once...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:31:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Never.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Man during basic training there was a guy that during fire watch, he would walk around SIT ON the edge of your bunk AND STARE AT YOU, while you slept! Fooker was freaky, got kicked out for something.

On another note my daughter used to say she saw people in the house when she was younger. She would freak me out, I go to sit on the couch and she would yell at me, "DON'T SIT ON HIM! " And I would jump up! Stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would swear someone sits on the edge of my bed sometimes at night while I lay there trying to sleep.

Don't ask TREETOP about ouija boards.
View Quote

See thats just freeky.... [(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:49:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Man during basic training there was a guy that during fire watch, he would walk around SIT ON the edge of your bunk AND STARE AT YOU, while you slept! Fooker was freaky, got kicked out for something..
View Quote

Man that would have made me come unglued. It's a wonder he didn't get a regular asswhooping.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I hear noises in the 150 year old house I recently bought.  I'd hear someone go up and down the stairs, and creaking floors as if someone's walking around.  Some rooms a colder than others.  I was talking to the woman who owned the house  before the person I bought it from, and she says all I have to do is say, "Hello Joe," and the sounds will go away for awhile.  She did research on the original owner and builder.  She and her husband lived there 30 years, and before that there had been several people in and out of the house, and a couple attempts made to burn it down, and one person who used to drink heavily, probably to escape the noises.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Confronted by Bigfoot in the woods?
View Quote

Somebody here would hit it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I rented a house many years ago that had a bad energy in it.
Several unexplainable things happened.
It turns out that there were two violent deaths there 30 days before we moved in.
We found out about the murder/suicide from a nieghbor.
Most of what I hear about this subject is BS,but I am a believer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#17]
My house was built in the mid-late 1800's. I live in what used to ba a coal town.. (anyone who is interested in old coal towns etc the Huber Breaker is about 600 yards from my house.)
But "ghosts" are a fairly common thing in the area I live in.

The one that seems to hang out at my house just seems to like to watch over us actually. When My sisters were living there and brought over a boyfriend, or if I brought over girlfriends that were "no good or whatever" those people would not get a chance to relax because she would do whatever she could to make them nervous or "uneasy".    I have never actually seen here, but I know when she is around.  I have heard her says something once, that scared the s**t out of me, because I wasn't expecting it, and I just went AHHHHH!!!! "Please Don't Do That!!"  and it hasnt happend since.  But overall I have lived there for 16 years now, I am pretty used to it now.

My neighbor's house is a little older than mine, it is a huge house, the person who built it was an architect. It is a beautiful house which they have restored/preserved very well. They have seen a middle aged man in a flanel coat holding a pipe(tobaco pipe) walk down the hallway a on multiple occasions. Their dog has barked at him as well.   I havent been lucky enough to be there when it happened.

Thats really about it.. we don't really have much in the way of UFOs or anything like that in my area [(:|)][(:|)][(:|)][(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't sleep well at night due to pounding headaches. In the summer of 2000 I was in bad shape, just following my car wreck. I thought I had finally got on top of the headaches when the accident happened. And that just made them worst.

My pills (all 20 aday) was not helping. Plus I half asleep when I went to work from lack of sleep. I really wanted to die. The pain was (and still is) so bad.

One night I'm lying in bed having been awaken from a sound sleep by what felt like the top of my head exploding. My felt for sure I had woke my wife with my thrashing about. But when I looked over she was still asleep.

As I laid there the pained kept getting worse (if that was possible). Now tears are running down my  face. I've finally had it. I prayed for this to end. NOW.

I want it to stop. I don't care how. Or by whom (I did not own any guns at this time).

At that moment the Devil appeared to me. Not a demon. But THE DEVIL himself. In the corner of the ceiling, floating. He held out his hand. Unfolded it, as if offering it for me to take.

All I could do was stare for what seemed like hours but really must only have been seconds. He was wearing white, yet it was dirty. You could tell that this is what a real "fallen angel" must look like.

Then I got real scared. I tried to speak. But nothing came out. I tried to call out to my wife. But still nothing. Finally I called out GODS name and it came out. And the Devil sank through the floor.

My wife woke up at this point, saw me crying and asked what was happening. I told her the whole story.

I did not sleep that night, nor the next night. As I felt that now the Devil had a path to me. I fell that I have since closed that path, although I am still dealing with the pain.

ED
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Had my anus probed by alien devices once.[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I had somthing REALLY strange happen to me one night.  

My (now ex-) girlfriend and I were sitting on my couch watching a movie about 10pm one night. I put a frozen pizza in the oven and went back over and sat on the couch with her.

The next thing that happened is we both woke up in my bed at the same time.  It was 2 in the morning.  The house was full of somke from the pizza burning,  The pizza had turned into a hard little black thing.

It was the strangest thing, I dont know where those 4 hours went.  We werent drinking or anything that night, we were just sitting there watching a movie.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't really think it's supernatural but I dream future events all the time. A lot of times it's nothing even important and has a deja vu feel to it. I'll try and remember where I had seen this before and it was in a dream from nights previous. Gotten used to it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah--It was in the mid-90s when I was an MP at a Beltane Demon Raising in central Germany. (It was in our area and we were supposed to watch to keep non-evil troops from hurting them)

They got started with the serious ritual with the maypole and altar/knives, the sky got dark and nasty in minutes, bats exploded out of the woods and went all around the area, and rick and I hauled ass.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#23]
My Dad's Norinco AK jammed......twice!

You thread will be hijacked - resistance is futile!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Happyshooter,

What do you mean by a Beltane ritual and non-evil troops? Did this happen on an american base??

Dram
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#25]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=182161&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes I've had 2

One was I saw my grandmother a few years after she died in my aunts house....long story short it was August 25'th 1995...I had just gotten out of foster care and it was my first night at my aunt and uncle's house, at 234 a.m. I woke up and saw my grandmother standing in the open doorway between my bedroom and the office. She was just watching me, kinda glowing a soft blue color (same color as her bath robe). Oh yeah she died in that house 5 years earlier.

The other was years before when I was about 8 or so. I was staying at my football buddy's house (built in 1850's). The story went that one of the slaves that lived on the property fell off the porch roof after they were freed and broke her neck. She was burried at the back of the property. Wel lapparently she never left and still watched over the people in the house. Eli's BR was HUGE, about 20' X 25' or bigger with his bed on one wall and the couch against the other. Around midnight I felt/saw a lady/spirit/thing/entity walk into the room and tuck Eli in. I was shitting myself the whole time and pulled the covers up to my chin, I watched her walk out of the room shut the door and then I HEARD her walk up the stairs and down the hall. Freaked me the hell out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My house was built in the mid-late 1800's. I live in what used to ba a coal town.. (anyone who is interested in old coal towns etc the Huber Breaker is about 600 yards from my house.)
But "ghosts" are a fairly common thing in the area I live in.
View Quote

Ashley, PA!

I'm from Kingston, when I'm not here at PSU.

I buy Hats and stuff from the Irish imports store in Ashley, and my sister's Irish Dance instructor is from there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
See a ghost?  Abducted by aliens?  Witness a miracle?  Confronted by Bigfoot in the woods?

View Quote

Ghost? Yes. Didn't see it but this how it was encountered.

Way back in the 80's (1985-86) I was a young MP in the Army, assigned to DC.  On our post is the National War College.  One night myself and another MP are doing a building check with the civilian security guard assigned to the college, making sure all the interior office doors are locked. We go down a hall past the college President's office and have to return past the same office to leave the area after checking a few other doors.  As we leave the area, we pass the Presidents office again and now the door is standing open.

We notice there is a light on in the office off to a side, and in the kitchen area of this really big office. We also hear what sounds like someone stirring a spoon in a china cup or a mug.  Now remember it is very late at night, and we are supposed to be the only people in this building.  We call into the office and announce our pressence, "Military Police! Identify yourself!" kind of thing.  The stirring sound stops, but there is no reply.  We call into the office repeating our presence and call for the person to identify themself.  Again no reply or response.  So now myself and the other MP look at each other and have that "aww shit" feeling.  

Anyway, we enter the office leaving the civilian security guard outside the door.  We clear the office and there is no one there.  No other way out, and no on passed the security guard in the hall.  Plus it took us all of about 45 seconds to clear the office and go back to the hall.  

Now for the freaky part.  When we cleared the kitchen area, no one was there, but a cold cup of coffee was sitting there on the counter with a wet spoon resting on the saucer. [(:|)]  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh yes....And I am sure I'll never forget it either.  I am, however, married now.  And I'm sure she is too.  And whoever she is doing now, well, that is one lucky bastard, because vaginas like that don't grow on trees! [sex]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Seen several ghosts, and at least one miracle.  I tend not to talk about them as people think I'm crazy or something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Just a couple of tommyknockers....

SRM
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#36]
A buddy of mine lived in a house that was a general store in the mid 1800's. I went to visit him one night, we were the only 2 people there, and some strange stuff happened. Furniture started moving around upstairs, and the TV kept turning off. My friend just calmly turned the TV back on and told me "It happens all the time I have a ghost." totally matter of fact. The whole town is haunted.
My uncle stayed in a house for about a week where a ghost relived his suicide everynight at the same time. Walking into the bathroom opening the medicine cabinet, you get the idea.
Creepy stuff.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine lived in a house that was a general store in the mid 1800's. I went to visit him one night, we were the only 2 people there, and some strange stuff happened. Furniture started moving around upstairs, and the TV kept turning off. My friend just calmly turned the TV back on and told me "It happens all the time I have a ghost." totally matter of fact. The whole town is haunted.
My uncle stayed in a house for about a week where a ghost relived his suicide everynight at the same time. Walking into the bathroom opening the medicine cabinet, you get the idea.
Creepy stuff.
View Quote

Geeeeeze, what town so I can stay the heck away from it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

SRM
View Quote

As long as it is the Maple Nut Brown Ale, I'll go for those Tommknockers with ya'
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Greenbush,WI
They have an old in that was popular during the Civil war era. Lots of famous people from that era stayed there. Wade house I believe, it's a historical landmark. He lived just down the street. I know several people that worked at the Wade house and saw some strange stuff as well. One was cleaning after hours. She was passing through a doorway and got pushed from behind. Then the door slammed shut behind her. The doors were locked and the only other person there was in the room she was entering. Needless to say that was the last night working there for both of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SRM
View Quote

As long as it is the Maple Nut Brown Ale, I'll go for those Tommknockers with ya'
View Quote

Yeah, those work too!  But the other ones give me the willies.....

SRM
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SRM
View Quote

View Quote

SRM
View Quote

I thought for sure that being from CO, you were talking about the Brewery, and not that lame novel by demented Stephen King.  Oh Yeah, I forgot he lived in Boulder.  Always thought that town was strange!!

A true granola town full of fruits, flakes, and nuts!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I've had several odd things happen to me.  The most unexplained happened while I was driving.

I was going down the road @ 35 mph.  Had all of two minutes before I would get to the place where I worked at.  MOF, I could see where the business from the road.  All of a sudden I had a really strange sensation and even jokingly said to myself "quantum flux".   I pulled in and the manager asked me what took so long.  Puzzled, I looked up at the clock and saw that 20 minutes had gone by.  Checked my clock and it was off, but had always matched the clock at the business and always did after that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't really think it's supernatural but I dream future events all the time. A lot of times it's nothing even important and has a deja vu feel to it. I'll try and remember where I had seen this before and it was in a dream from nights previous. Gotten used to it.
View Quote

This also happens to me all the time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:01:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Had my anus probed by alien devices once.[(:|)]
View Quote

Sure you didn't just get insanely wasted and wander into the wrong bar by mistake?

I've never seen a ghost before, nor aliens/bigfoot/the devil, but I've had an encounter with a, I supoose the best word to describe it would be prescence.  I was around 12 or so, and I was taking my dogs out to pee before I went to sleep.  It's a rather cold night, I had a fairly warm coat on, and it was about 10 or 10:30.  After the dogs had done their business, I called them back into the house.  "Sasha, come!  Skye, come!  Meg, come!  Poop, come!"  And immediately follwing calling the lastv dog I heard from out in the backyard(around 110-120 yards from me) I hear "Matt, come!" in the voice of my little sister.  Who was at the time, ten, fairly afraid of the dark, and had been in bed for a few hours.  Which was confirmed afterward.  But naturally, not used to having my little sister call for me from the cold backyard at night, my hackles were most definitely raised.  I asked "What?"  And again, this time louder and clearer, "Matt, COME!"  I felt something was out there, something that didn't belong at all, and became frightened.  Not scared, not afraid, but truly frightened, which was something I had not felt before or since.

Also I had a dog that would woof and scratch at the door to be let in.  For a few months after it died.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#45]
I've had some REALLY scary thingsgo on for me, so scary, I can't even talk about them!!!!

Some while I was sleeping in the dream state, others while I was awake.

I do believe in ghosts, I do beleive in ghosts, I do beleive in ghosts!!!!!

As I dive through the window!!!!!!!

Thanks for this post!!!   It is good to know I'm not alone!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#47]
I hear voices in my head.Does that count????
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SRM
View Quote

View Quote

SRM
View Quote

I thought for sure that being from CO, you were talking about the Brewery, and not that lame novel by demented Stephen King.  Oh Yeah, I forgot he lived in Boulder.  Always thought that town was strange!!

A true granola town full of fruits, flakes, and nuts!!!!!
View Quote

Tommyknockers (no not the novel, never read it) were identified centuries ago in the mines of central Europe.  Seems they followed the miners to the mines in the New World.

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top