Posted: 5/8/2003 7:40:15 PM EDT
http://feinstein.senate.gov/03Releases/r-assaultweps.htm

KEEP LINK COLD

CRC
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
"Military-style assault weapons simply have no place on America's streets," Senator Feinstein said.
View Quote

... I've not seen any "on the streets". Boatloads in the desert last weekend, but none on the streets.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like I'll need to buy more mags I guess
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
looks like I'll need to buy more mags I guess
View Quote

Nice sig line... Nice defeatist attitude too.

Remember, a more liberal House in 1996 voted to repeal the ban. This ban will NOT get the supports of both houses.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Military-style assault weapons simply have no place on America's streets," Senator Feinstein said.
View Quote

... I've not seen any "on the streets". Boatloads in the desert last weekend, but none on the streets.
View Quote

[ROFL]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Feinklestein says

"That's what makes them so dangerous - because they have light triggers, you can spray fire them,
View Quote

The ever deadly "bump-fire...

"you can hold them with TWO hands, and you don't really need to aim.
View Quote

...leaving your third hand to steer the soccer-mom mobile. WTF does that sentence even mean?!

My prebans don't have an auto-aim feature. How about yours?

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
noticed she said CLIPS. not mags.  
I guess I will load my mags by hand..... oh well
And she wants to ban competition triggers....... that bitch.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
In honor of that hose-bag Feinswine I just completed my 3rd homemade AK.  The more they scream the more AWs I buy or make.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

After 9 years of pissing and moaning one would think that she'd at least get the terminology right. That alone should speak volumes of her credibility and intelligence level. What makes it even more amusing is that from my experience lurking in DU, even a lot of them dislike her...
Go figure.

On edit: BTW, I totally agree with DiFi; we should ban the importation of cheap hi-cap [i]clips[/i].
Instead, we should focus on the production of quality non LEO hi-cap [i]clips[/i] made right here in the good ol' US of A. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Wonder if she still has her CCW license?...

Things that make you go 'Hmmmm'.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Feinklestein says

"That's what makes them so dangerous - because they have light triggers, you can spray fire them,
View Quote

The ever deadly "bump-fire...

"you can hold them with TWO hands, and you don't really need to aim.
View Quote

...leaving your third hand to steer the soccer-mom mobile. WTF does that sentence even mean?!
View Quote

LOL.... yeah, that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.  Ban these guns because they have light triggers (my Bushy's trigger sucks!), can be held by two hands (ROFLMAO) and can aim themselves.  Alrighty then.

--Mike
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
That bitch is so full of shit.

The maliciously ignorant trying to convince the totally fucking clueless is what comes to mind when I see horseshit like this.  Reads like something Baghdad Bob would be saying to an Al-Jazeera run press conference.

I’ve had a hankering for a coach gun.  I may go buy one tomorrow.  My response to this asshole and her fabricated sensationalistic pile of feces.

Ban THAT you arrogant bitch!

[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/anim_furious.gif[/img][img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you guys notice the 8 year sunset on the evil features test yet no sunset on specific guns?

CRC
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

After 9 years of pissing and moaning one would think that she'd at least get the terminology right. That alone should speak volumes of her credibility and intelligence level. What makes it even more amusing is that from my experience lurking in DU, even a lot of them dislike her...
Go figure.

On edit: BTW, I totally agree with DiFi; we should ban the importation of cheap hi-cap [i]clips[/i].
Instead, we should focus on the production of quality non LEO hi-cap [i]clips[/i] made right here in the good ol' US of A. [:D]
View Quote

screw clips, I can load mags by hand thankyouverymuch
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]
So many lies in one small release.  

Remarkable.

I note that this new bill apparently doesn't even TRY to strengthen the ban except for the imported mags thing.  

That alone shows that FeinSchumer know that they haven't a chance in hell of making things worse for us.  

It shows weakness.   They know they're fucked.

The release carries the typical shrill tone of many Democratic press releases these days, only more shrill than average.  

The louder they scream, the more people abandon them in disgust.  and the more people who abandon them, the louder they scream.

You are witnessing the slow and steady self-destruction of that most foul of creatures, the paradox that is a LIBERAL that doesn't believe in LIBERTY.   The liberal Democrats are cutting their own throats and yet don't seem to realize it.

I'm laughing at the spectacle.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Posted by cmjohnson...
I'm laughing at the spectacle.
View Quote

Fine, just as long as you are [i]also[/i] writing, calling & faxing you elected reps. early & often!

Let's not start sucking each others dicks quite yet... there is still a lot of hard work ahead of us!

I'm not singling you out cmjohnson... I'm just making the point that we can't get cocky.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I know.

I burn off a letter or email to all my congressmen every month or two,  just to keep them on their toes.   I think one of them knows me by name now!

CJ
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
From her press release:

"According to the most recent statistics made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms:

In 1993, assault weapons accounted for 8.2 percent of all guns used in crimes;

By the end of 1995, that proportion had fallen to 4.3 percent;

By November 1996, the last date for which statistics are available, the proportion had fallen to 3.2 percent."

Where did these figures come from?  They don't jibe with what I've been led to believe.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From her press release:

"According to the most recent statistics [red]made[/red] by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms:

By November 1996, the last date for which statistics are available, the proportion had fallen to 3.2 percent."

Where did these figures come from?  They don't jibe with what I've been led to believe.
View Quote
And who hear trusts statistics "made" by the BATF? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I shoot my Winchester Model 70 with two hands. It must be an assault rifle.

Jeez, this woman's eyes must be brown.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Gimme a T  [naughty]

You are welcome
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From her press release:

"According to the most recent statistics made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms:

View Quote

Notice the numbers dropped after Waco in 1993? The government was told to quit killing Americans! Hence, the number of deaths by "assault weapons" dropped and the ATF was able to come up with the figures...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#24]
The Republican Congress and Senate Should make every Effort so that this assault weapons legislation Never reaches the President Desk.

IF The President signs Any New AWB legislation, he Will probably Lose the Next Election.

The AWB is a Stepping Stone to Banning All Guns.

If it fails to reach his desk, He can not Be Blamed for It's Sunset.

Visit, Write, Phone, E-mail, The Time Is Now.

[size=1]^ Million Gun Freedom March on Washington July 4th, 2003. A Well-Regulated Militia Being Necessary To The...
[url]www.Cures-not-wars.org/[/url] Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 feinstein/hci PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation.
[url]www.digitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY BAN Human Power Implant Micro-chip.

Never Again, Never Forget --  Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind -- We Are At War[/size=1]

FIXED BAYONETS -- FORWARD

VX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top