Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 5:45:10 PM EDT
Went to the store today and saw one Taurus pt100 in 40S&W was used but in great condition except for some holster wear for $339.00 comes with 10 round mag. Is it a good piece or pos. and do they have hi-cap mags for them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know for sure about hi-caps for the taurus, but the Berreta 96 (.40 version of 92) will only hold 11 rounds so getting a hi-cap (if available) really doesn't gain you much.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one and like it well enough, but that price honestly seems a little on the high side.  I'd probably try to talk them down closer to $300.  I had some reliability problems with the original factory mags but replacing the springs with some from Wolff has taken care of the problem.  I'd definitely go for the PT100 with the fixed sights over the PT101 with the adjutable sights.  The PT101 sights are fragile and don't lend them selves to replacement.  Mine started as a 101 but I bought a 100 replacement slide from Numrich.

Like para said, the prebans only held 11 rounds so there's no real reason to go out of your way for them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't that be a copy of a Beretta 96 (The 40S&W 9x series gun)??
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Taurus have a lifetime warranty, you should make sure that's still applicable
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Taurus PT92AF in 9mm and it is quite simply the most accurate and reliable pistol I have ever fired. I have fired 2500 rounds through it (everything from Wolf to 127gr. +p+) and it has had to stoppages of any kind. Gun Tests Magazine, which doesn't accept ads and buys their test guns off the shelf, rated it the best full size 9mm handgun. I also have a Beretta 92F but prefer the Taurus for its smaller grip frame, frame mounted safety, and condition one capability.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a PT100 that was the first pistol I bought. I only had one problem, it seemed that the spring guide rod hadn't been hardened. The dealer sent it in and I got it back pretty quick. Haven't had any other problems with it. I added Pachmayr wrap-around grips. The original 'high cap' mags are only 11 round, but who would need more than 12 rounds of .40?!?[:)]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got one.  It is a good pistol...reliable, accurate, and shoots any ammo.

$339.00 for a used piece seems a bit high though.  I purchased mine new about ten years ago for just about that price.  I'd do some shopping around.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top