Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2003 2:48:57 PM EDT
How many from the coastal bend would like to get together for a BBQ and shoot? StykUrHedUp, TexRdnec, myself and one other so far. The details are still up in the air so everyone that wants to can plan for it. Maybe some time next weekend? StykUrHedUp gets in on the evening of Saturday 17th, if need be, it could be the next weekend?

Who's interested? Let's hear your ideas.

(I didn't post this in the Hometown board because I though more might see it here.)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
we're looking at a few different options, i could possibly have access to two different pieces of land....one piece inbetween goliad and cuero, and one just north of mathis.  if we bbq up near cuero, i figure that night we could head over to schroeder hall for a dance and some beer depending on whos playing there that night.  if up near mathis...there is also a small dancehall up there.  we'd be able to shoot at both places..but the place in cuero is better suited for a campout/bbq/shoot.  everyone throw your ideas in the hat..we have decided on nothing ATT.  just puttin everything in the mixer.  even if we dont to the campout/shoot....the schroeder hall thing would be a great time!  lets get something rolling!!!  

Styk
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
with any luck at all we'll get some people interested and can have a decent get together

as far as the place, mathis is a little bit of a drive, cuero is a big one so i'll have to do some planning.  but wherever there is beer and BBQ i am home.  dont forget about my place as well, open land and 2 BBQ pits

hope some locals see this
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
it doesnt matter where we get together to me either mathis is bout 45 mins, cuero is bout and 1h 15mins if i recall.  i'm like you...beer & bbq...i'm there!  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
hey TRn, Ringo...hows sat. the 24th?  and TRn expressed that he'd like to hold it at his place....that would be sinton correct??  that would be fine by me..and BETTER by my girl i'm SURE.  although...i am sure i will still get dragged to schroeder hall that evening to dance.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
either way, you guys have got to go with me to a race at cc speedway one saturday night too

its a wonder my car ever made it off the track under its own power...........you HAVE to watch the pure stocks, its like a more organized demolition derby

i'll go ahead now and im everybody that probably will never get to see this thread
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
yep, sinton, and the property entrance is directly ON highway 77 southbound lane so its easy as hell to find

24th im sure is good for me, i just have to tell the wife in advance

if you want to go to a dance that night i can look into who's playing in beeville at the texas grand

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
i think i know abouts where ya are at TRn.  yeah..sounds good to me....i have a buddy or two i'd like to have out there....ive talked to them about joining the AR15.com community as well.  the grande...havent been there in a year +  used to go all the time in HS.  and as far as CC speedway..i'd LOVE to go out there...another place i havent been in YEARS!!!  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The 24th is a good BBQ day. I'll tell the wife, hell I might even get to go to the dance hall....if she let's me. I told her about it over dinner, and did the dishes. I even started the laundry too. So far so good, wish me luck!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
well to hell with it, at least we know three of us will be there.  and as an aside, i havent been to the grand since high school either, but thats gonna put it at, at least 5 years

and just to hedge our bets, if we get in trouble with the law, breacher is a beeville cop!!!!!!!!!!!

[0:)]

p.s., im thinking of cooking beans and marinating let say, babyback ribs, homemade sausage, and t-bones for this, we might as well eat right...........but if you want healthy you best bring a damn salad cause i could live off BBQ

edited to say:  you know, come to think of it, i have a big ass tv and refrigerator that i've been meaning to haul to the dump stuck in a storage shed.  maybe we could haul them to the dump with say, thousands of holes in them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]
hell YEAH!!  i'm liking the way this is sounding!!  i'll do up some fajitas!!  i'll bring what few firearms i have managed to hang onto.  i dont have an AR..but i DO have a "black rifle" ...got a black Remmy mod700 22-250., a brit. 303, a colt 1911A....few shotguns...blah blah blah. i'll spread the word via email.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll bring bail money and Tums!!!!! [8D]

There is a guy I work with that wants to go, so there will be at least four of us defending the coast that weekend!! What happened to lebrew and the others that mentioned intrest in the other thread? There has to be more than four people in the South Texas Coast that visit the board.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]
no problem styk, i've got a 16" bushy, a 20" bushy and a 16" armalite ar10.........cant shoot them all myself at one time!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
chalk up one more, stemcell IM'd me, said he'd mark his calendar and as of now, is planning to come

i'll cut up more mesquite!
or we can just use propane in which case i have 50,000 gallons or so...........
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#14]
[ROFL] the tumms eh Ringo?  hey fellas..i was thinkin about shootin IM invites out to a few of the other guys like AJAX15, and AR_Aggie..theyre both pretty local.  and maybe fire some invites out to the guys up near san antone?  and on those weapons TRn...i'll help ya burn up some ammo!  i'll see if i can get some of that 4000fps Win 22-250 stuff....its funny to see what happens to things when something moving that fast hits em!  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#15]
already IM'd ajax, good idea on the san antonio or outskirts guys, not that big of a drive, all highway too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#16]
yep yep...i hit up a few of the more local TX guys that i could think of off the top of my head....AJAX15, Zmaja, AR_Aggie, Citabria7GCBC, and DoubleFeed.  if this goes down like it SHOULD..we're gonna have a good time!!  i like the Grande idea afterwards too..that'll make the girlfrind happy.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm up for the 24th in Sinton (I have some friends on the San Patricio Sheriff's Department). I may not be able to do much shooting but I'll be there for the beer and BBQ.
Let me know what you need for me to bring. I'll start getting some stuff together.

HEADS UP: the TX Grand (last time I heard) went tits up a few years ago. There has been talk about re-opening it but I have not seen it open so far.

Tex Red Nec: are you near where they built the new motel(Best Western)? If so, one of the TX Rangers lives in your AO. You're inbetween Sinton and Odem, correct?

Karl
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#18]
TexRednec,
I think that I got us covered on the Mesuqite wood. I'm cutting down a big-assed tree in the back yard. Will 1/2 of a Ford Ranger truck load be enough?

Karl
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#19]
that sucks about the grande if its true....i was up there about a year and a half...2 yrs ago.  thats the last time i made it up there.  if so....we just jump on 77 and an hour or so later...we're at schroeder.  its just outside goliad.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#20]
breacher:  i am smack ass between sinton and odem right on highway 77, literally.  yep, the best western and then theres another one both within 2 miles of my house, nice, new places

mesquite wood i can get PLENTY of, but all 3 of my pits on this property are propane (i do sell it after all!) so we're good there.

dont know about who brings what/whats needed yet, we'll work on that a little later on

pisser about the grand, but theres other dance halls......and theres CC Speedway too, hell, i'll look up who's playing at the VFW and all that as well just to see
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#21]
The 24th ista bien con mi. I'll scoot thru goliad, down to refugio and hang a right on 77.
Let me know.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#22]
ok, here are my thoughts on this thus far, help me out where you see appropriate

we schedule loosely for arrival, if you want to get here at 7 a.m. fine, if you want to get here at noon, fine, we only need a cutoff if we stray from my property to do indoor pistol shooting or some such like that

if people needs maps, i suppose we can do that too, get in touch with me and i'll draw something up

im planning on making the biggest pot i own full of beans, and probably will end up cooking sausage, fajitas, ribs, and steaks, if you would like to bring any of this or associated products, feel free, just maybe contact me first so we dont get enough food to feed all of the members on this site.  potato salad at least is a must though, and i cant make it so well have to work on that

what is actually going to happen is still up to majority rule, right now it looks as if we'll go shoot for however long, come back, drink heavily and BBQ, then go to either the races or a dance.  if enough people want to stay until sunday and shoot once more before going home, works for me.

these are all preliminary ideas, throw yours in
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Tex,
Looks good so far. What do you think about getting email addresses from everyone that will be there? Put them on a Tempary list in your address book. Then the organizing should be easier. We won't have to rely on everyone keeping up with this thread. I've got some map making software. We can make a map custom for those that need it right from their door, or nearest intersection.

I may have went by your place today. We have a station about 2 miles ouside of Taft. I usually go through Odem and turn south about half way to Sinton, and come in the Back side of taft. I though about going through Sinton, but I had my crew with me. I didn't want to take an armada of AEP truck the long way, plus we had a 9:00AM clearence scheduled that we had to make.
You still planning on going in the morning?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#24]
ringo, im planning on going in the morning to the point i told my wife we could spend the night at her in-laws if she wanted just to cut my trip down by 15 minutes, but damn it, i forgot the case of beer i had iced down, but fortunately they havent quit making it yet.

if you want to put things in folders and what not you'd best handle it, im computer illiterate

i talked with doublefeed, even he expressed an interest in coming down from austin if possible for him.  i have some phone #'s and usernames of those who are planning to come, if you want em i'll hand em off to you.  stkyurhedup told me this morning that the interest then was at about 8-10 plus us.  so certainly enough for a decent party.  add probably at least 2 buddies of mine down here with gun fever as well

either way, we can talk about it tomorrow morning, depending on just how many beers i can possibly down tonight, i'm planning on being at the range tomorrow morning between 7:30 and 9:00

i'll have a dip of snuff and a black summit racing hat on, cant miss me!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be the one with the black rifle!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#26]
that reminds me, i put my 16" bushy and my kimber in the truck, each with 100 rounds, enough firepower for tomorrow anyways?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Seriously,..I'll be wearing a black ball cap with the red AEP logo on it, also with a dip of snuff. There will be a small crowd there tomorrow, but I'll be one of those on the firing line. I'll be in a 93 metallic blue and sand SWB Silverado, or a 2000 Pewter 3/4 ton 4X4 crewcab. Not sure if momma needs to take the kids anywhere yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#28]
not you too!!!!!!

i've got a buddy that drives a ford taurus while his wife tools around in a 2001 duramax diesel crew cab!

anyway, i'll be in a dirty ass crew cab 4x4 silver silverado, cant miss me, i did however wash and wax my wifes car today, which was worse............and discovered lots and lots of scratches, like she parked under a tree limb and the wind was blowing 90mph......damn women
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#29]
not you too!!!!!!

i've got a buddy that drives a ford taurus while his wife tools around in a 2001 duramax diesel crew cab!

anyway, i'll be in a dirty ass crew cab 4x4 silver silverado, cant miss me, i did however wash and wax my wifes car today, which was worse............and discovered lots and lots of scratches, like she parked under a tree limb and the wind was blowing 90mph......damn women
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#30]
TexRdnec & StykUrHedUp, you have mail.

To anyone else interested in coming to the BBQ/shoot/drunkfest/second ammendment celebration:
I'm not sure of how many we definately have. I believe somewhere around 12 to 15. But we need a way to keep in touch. If you want to send me your email address, I'll make a temporary mailing group list to keep everyone up to date. This will help keep track of who is bringing what food, a head count, (to make sure everyone coming gets there without trouble), ect, and any changes should the need arise. I will delete the list after this is over if need be, or if it works out, I can keep it for future events.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#31]
So do any of you shoot at CC rifle & pistol club ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Anomaly,
Yes, I shoot there regularly. I shot in the NRA High Power match there today. TexRdnec met me there. You go there much? Maybe we've met.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#33]
MAN!  You guys are cruel putting this in GD!  

Now I wanna come too!

I can't even BBQ, it's raining out now [:(]

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#34]
sinton has a little "airport" now all you have to do is find a fellow ar15.comer with a plane..............
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#35]
alright fellas....sorry ive been outa the loop for a few hours....i'm about 12-13 hours different from you fellas at this point.  i leave for TX in 5 days.  i'm cool w/ a bigger group...dont worry about the foot shortage....i make good cash and am willin to throw in whatever need be.  i sent TexRdnec my phone number...anyone that needs it ...get it from him.  i look forward to seein yall there...and if we needa meet up somewhere...i know my way through sinton!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I can fly. Fly ,yes, land ,no!! [:)]

This is looking good Tex, you think it might turn into a over night camping deal?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Ringo,
We shoot there regularly also. Usually at the rifle range, sometimes at the auto berms. You work for AEP ? I live close to Lon Hill PP. Maybe we have met.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#38]
is passing out in the middle of a field considered camping?  [:D]

i dont know about camping out.........i know i dont have any camping gear..........

but if you're talking about keeping everybody around until sunday so we could shoot once more before everybody disperses, that works for me

there are two pretty damn nice motels both within 2 miles of my house, straight highway shot, one is brand new, just built

cant accomodate anybody in my house..........its huge, it has not one, not two, but three whole rooms!!!!!!!  long story

scott....maybe you and i could get together again next weekend, i can take you out to my place and we can come up with the limits of what we can and cant do

whatever.........
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#39]
No sweat on the camping.  I'd rather have a hot shower and a/c anyway.  If you guys could post the names and phone numbers of the motels then I'll book myself a room.  Looking forward to the shoot..........
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#40]
shit IYAO, you're gonna make me work?  damn it.........

i'll stop by the new one and get their # for you, but it is sinton after all, im going to bet you dont really need to call ahead!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
but it is sinton after all, im going to bet you dont really need to call ahead!
View Quote

Yeah my bad.  I'll go ahead and......[noclue]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Anomaly,
I usually hang out at the rifle range, and I do work out of the Lon Hill Service Center. I live out 624 about 3 miles from 5 points. We may have met. Give me a call. I'll I/M you my number.

StykUrHedUp:

I went to bail out your fellow townsmen today. We lost the #1 138KV bank at the Ingleside sub @2:30 this morning. Just got home. All double time, that should be a nice addidion to the paycheck!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#43]
hey guys, this is lookin good!!  i'll drop you guys an email as soon as i touch down in TX.  i wouldnt mind comin out and checkin the place out beforehand also Tex, and i'll DEFINATELY be around early to help set up.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#44]
anybody wantin a hard map to the place from your location can email me at [email protected].  include a mailing address and i'll get some maps in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#45]
hey TRn....can i get a map.....i'm not sure i can find my way to sinton...where the hell IS that anyway?! [:D]  anyone w/ questions that cant get ahold of TexRdnec, or Ringo...can email me @ [email protected]. EVERYBODY START SAVIN MILK JUGS AND COKE BOTTLES!!! [sniper]  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#46]
idea:  we should ask everyone what guns they intend to bring, if we coordinate it well enough we can have a gun of every shape and size so that those of us having never shot a particular gun can try one out.

for example, i have an ar-10 and a 30-40 krag, some guns that some may not have ever shot

edited for further example:  i've never shot a .50bmg, .50ae, .500S&W, ak-47, ::ahem:: fully auto mp-5 [:D], etc.......
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll be bringing (with your permission of course):

M4gery
SAR-2
Century L1A1

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#48]
permission granted, hell, if you had a mortar i'd tell you to bring it..........

just would have to call sheriff moody and tell him to disregard all the 911 calls from people seeing the impacts

edited to add:  not a gun granted, but i have been wanting to put enough beers down me to set off a yellow M18 smoke grenade i have though....
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#49]
i'll be bringin:

Remmington Mod.700 22-250
British 303
Colt 1911A  

maybe a few other random rifles/pistols.  

and TRn...if you got any MRE heaters left...i can show you guys how to make tear gas! LOL.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#50]
shit styk, my eyes hurt already.........i have about 15 heaters laying around
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top