Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 2:26:26 PM EDT
Take cover if you need to, it's in the Crossroads Mall area.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching it now, hope my mom and brothers are ok........
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
keeps safe!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Crossing Tinker AFB now. Tearing lots of shit up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys keep your heads down. I worked the big one that hit Bridgecreek, and I don't want to see that stuff again!!
Let us know if your ok after its over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The General Motors plant got hit hard.

They just said there are injuries there.
View Quote

Big time. Regular phone lines are down and cell phone lines are jammed. They've been making emergency requests via the television.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/2191630/detail.html

After Tornado Hits Metro
Tornado Took Same Path As May 3 Storms

POSTED: 5:26 p.m. CDT May 8, 2003
UPDATED: 5:59 p.m. CDT May 8, 2003

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A tornado moving northeast struck Oklahoma City Thursday, touching down in Choctaw and eastern Oklahoma County.

The tornado is carrying debris and moving at about 35 miles per hour.

The same tornado touched down in northern Cleveland County and Oklahoma County causing major damage.

Damage is being reported near Interstate 240 and Sooner Road in southern Oklahoma City. There are reports of damage near Del City, Midwest City and Tinker Air Force Base.

The General Motors plant along I-240 has sustained extreme roof and window damage. Injuries have been reported at the plant.

I-240 eastbound has been shutdown. Several businesses have sustained major damage. The tornado continues moving northeast at 30 miles per hour. People in the storm's path should take immediate shelter.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep took me four hours to get from SE Okc to Norman(a 25 min trip)from shields merging onto I-35 blocked by fliped tractor trailer and Bus!

I left work and went to Out Door America to get some black-powder supplys at 3:30,or I would have been right in the middle of it.

As it was I was in the gail winds and blowing sleet,the trafic was tyed  up so bad we turned across the median and procedded to try and cut through the Moore additions(bad Idea)!

Streets litered with trees,broken spintered twoXfours,brick veneered houses with roofs on brick lines.

It was like a maze with all the downed power lines at the end of each street.   No way to get out of moore heading south.

I was getting hot till I saw all those people sitting in their front yards,their houses crunched,cars smashed looked as if a MOAB had been dropped on them!

My heart goes out to each and every one of them!

Bob  [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top