BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 1:04:21 PM EDT
HA-HA!

[url]http://www.theksbwchannel.com/entertainment/2189816/detail.html[/url]

Madonna's New Album Tanks In Second Week
Sales Of 'American Life' Drop 62 Percent

POSTED: 9:47 a.m. EDT May 8, 2003

Madonna's new album "American Life" is falling out of favor with American music buyers.

According to Billboard online, the pop diva's album sales dropped 62 percent in its second week of release, after debuting at No. 1.

The album sold 91,000 copies in its second week, and dropped to No. 8 on the magazine's Top 200 album chart.

Madonna caused a stir with the first single from the album -- also titled "American Life" -- because of the contents of its music video.

Inter-cut with scenes of war, it showed Madonna wearing military garb next to dancers in camouflage on a fashion runway. Also at one point, a grenade is thrown toward a look-alike of President George W. Bush.

The video, however, was pulled out of respect for the troops during the Iraq war.

Moving back to the No. 1 slot was 50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" album, according to Billboard.

Coming in at No. 2 was the compilation album "American Idol Season 2: All Time Classic Love Songs," followed by "Idol" season one winner Kelly Clarkson's debut album "Thankful."
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Cya later bitch!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
well maybe it's sell well in France. She's a POS in my book. [pissed]

[url]http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_778320.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
She's pretty much worn out.  We have seen as much of her as we possibly could for the last [i]twenty[/i] years, short of a thorough gynocological exam.  Britney, Christina and whoever else have out-slutted her, her face is showing her age.  I think the only people buying her records now are aging drag queens feeling nostalgic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Its good that people are finally seeing how much her music sucks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
video pulled out of respect or to save face?  i heard the cd and she thinks she's a guitar player now..it's really not very good.  she also uses pro tools on her voice so it stays in key.  time to move on...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Stick a fork in her.  Really!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Every couple of years she makes her mark by always ratcheting herself up a notch on the skankiness meter.  Her latest stunt was traitorous.

Now she is just old, worn out and sad.

Good riddance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top