Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 12:34:02 PM EDT
How long it takes to find out why someone gets declined for a gun purchace/NICs check?

My brother went to buy one of those little .22 cricket bolt rifles for his son, at a show in Harrisburg. He's clean. Never had a problem. They gave him a form to mail in.
Does anybody know how long it takes to get a response from them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesnt the dealer call them up on the phone?  Less than 10 minutes when I do it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
i thought it was only as long as the phone call.  i've never been declined but a friend of mine (who had a purchase permit in MN) was delayed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Doesnt the dealer call them up on the phone?  Less than 10 minutes when I do it.
View Quote

They did it on the phone.
But it got declined. The operator would not tell the dealer why it was declined.

The dealer gave him a form to mail, to find out the problem.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually get a handgun purchase permit every year for this very reason. In Iowa you can skip NICs for any firearm purchase if you have a hundgun purchase permit or CCW license.  Its $5 for a handgun purchase permit and good for a year.  The sherriff does the background check not the FBI.

Shok

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Usually takes no time at all. Last time I had a NICS check done I was delayed and had to pick up my rifle the next day. Ive been told that if you are delayed for 3 working days you can transfer the rifle without the check.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last time I had a NICS check done I was delayed and had to pick up my rifle the next day.
View Quote

HE was not delayed.

He was [size=5]DECLINED[/size=5]!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top