Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 12:15:46 PM EDT
What a load of bullshit!

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/05082003/gossip/35210.htm[/url]

MUSLIM groups are demanding an apology from "X2" director Bryan Singer over what they perceive as "anti-Islamic propaganda" in the blockbuster flick. Muslim civil rights group Project Islamic H.O.P.E. and a coalition of other Islamic organizations want Singer to say he's sorry and remove the allegedly offensive content before the movie is released on DVD. Project Islamic H.O.P.E. national director Najee Ali claims that Singer is out to paint Muslims in a bad light. "Within the first five minutes of 'X2,' an evil villain, 'Colonel William Stryker,' is in the White House signing a document," Ali declares. "As he signs, he is shown wearing a ring featuring the Arabic symbol for 'Allah.' Col. Stryker was never depicted as a Muslim in the comic book series. We feel this is a subtle but obvious attack on Islam . . . It is unfortunate, as we continue to live in a post-9/11 world, that Bryan Singer would engage in a subtle campaign to breed intolerance and hate." Fox reps deny the group's claims. An insider says Fox honchos enhanced the images of the ring and were unable to make out any identifiable symbol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know how I feel about this. If I was Muslim I would be pissed but then again I am not.

Not sure I say no one else gets involved and let them settle it with the film company.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry your a bunch of assholes.  Go eat some pork now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
MUSLIM groups are demanding an apology
View Quote

Ummmmm......NO
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Boo-hoo-hoo  NO!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
we want a fukin apology for 9-11-01. FUKIN ASS HOLES
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If they want, I have several magazines full of size .223 apologies.
They just need to tell me where to deliver them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF!
I bet that ring was probably a trophy of war,from when he killed some stupid raghead.

But still, how the hell can a ring be interpretted as anti whatever?

What about all the anti-American crap they put out?!

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting. i recently saw this movie with the kids and at that seen wondered why they were focusing on this big ugly ring. Now I know.

Mystique is hot. I'd hit it! Blue and all!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Fvck'em.

Maybe this will spark, yet another, Jihad.
Just how many Jihads can they have? It's not very "special", they have them all the time.
Strange, for a religion of "Peace".
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#10]
What does he mean "paint Muslims in a bad light".

Is there any other possible way to portray them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody notice the name? Project Islamic H.O.P.E.

Sounds like another bad comic spinoff group.
What are they, a bunch of superhero wannabes?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11673[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope they have to kick some muslim ass in the next movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top