Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2003 10:44:20 AM EDT
Everytime I see someone post a pic of their post ban AR I just smile and roll my eyes...[rolleyes]

If it ain't preban it aint S**T.[flame]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Whatever.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Its shoots just as good and I paid less for mine
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
[lolabove] Yeah, sure[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to admit that if there ever was as TEOTWAWKI situation and I was shooting at people 300 yards out, I'd really be wishing for that knife stuck to the end of my rifle.  Maybe I can duct-tape a knife to the barrel if I need to bring down a woolly mammoth or fight off a sabre-tooth tiger or something. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everytime I see someone post a pic of their post ban AR I just smile and roll my eyes...[rolleyes]

View Quote

Hey don't worry, your post-ban will become a pre-ban v2.0 after the new AWB gets signed into law. Then you could post pics of your guns and make the AB10 owners jealous.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

[LOLabove]
Nice try, you can do better than that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

[whacko] [%|]  

This is what I meant to say sorry for my temporary insanity in my previous post.
Sorry for my brain fart. [bow]

[red]Every time I see someone post a pic of their post or pre ban AR I just smile and roll my eyes and admire the nice rifles.[/red]

Signed the rallywagon
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#10]

I have both.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#11]
..2whiskeyP sits back with preban Colt and laughs at all the "little people" and their rants.....[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea baabbbyy Yea!
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p483b687324e3c084f1b027001283af98/fc301fe8.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
..2whiskeyP sits back with preban Colt and laughs at all the "little people" and their rants.....[:D]
View Quote

I sit here with my oly pre ban, secure in the knowledge that it isn't a Colt with either a a non milspec front pin, or non milspec trigger group!!!

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I sit here with my oly pre ban, secure in the knowledge that it isn't a Colt with either a a non milspec front pin, or non milspec trigger group!!!

View Quote

Oh yea!!?  Well you probably drive a Chevy and drink Pepsi too!![whacko].................[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Oh yea!!?  Well you probably drive a Chevy and drink Pepsi too!![whacko].................[:D]
View Quote

Close....a Pontiac and Mt. Dew!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#18]
The AR stands for ARmalite,

if it aint that it isn't a real ar 15.

(hint: sarcasm)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey don't worry, your post-ban will become a pre-ban v2.0 after the new AWB gets signed into law. Then you could post pics of your guns and make the AB10 owners jealous.
View Quote

Yup, it's official. Imbroglio is back.

Welcome back bro. [wave]

BTW, I paid only $650 for my preban Colt. [nana]

But that was in the day when they were all preban. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Preban envy. It is a terrible thing[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
i got both.

i love both.
but the preban blue label colt is my baby.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
y...Don't need a flash suppressor...
View Quote

Watch a preban shot next to a postban on a cloudy day or in low light situations.  Flash suppressors work well, and are useful (to me) in tactical carbine course applications.  That blinding basketball of flame is a bit of a nuisance for several reasons.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Weenie gun!  Weenie gun!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#24]
so my preban lower that i just bought for $200 is better than my postban one?  well i'll be damned!  i guess that was a good deal then.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Yup some old fuck is sitting in his rocking chair holding a musket thinking [b]if it ain't a musket it aint S**T.[/b] He does you one better, you aint shit unless you got a old stinky coonskin cap and a musket.

Do you have a rocking chair yet ? [;D]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#26]
[img]http://216.40.249.192/s/otn/happy/thebirdman.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I bet my post ban can shoot the same damn round just as far as your pre-ban can.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Preban?  Postban?  Thats for suckers who cant afford full auto.
Oh shit, thats me... crap...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I actually dont own an AR type rifle, I just posted to get a response.  In fact, as it stands now, I dont own any autoloading rifle.  I just told SA to shove it and to get my money back to me on my M1A.  I want to buy an AR, but I keep buying interesting collectors pieces instead.  For example, I just bought an L42A1 Enfield off of a friend of mine and discouraged him from buying a CETME all in one blow (kudos for me, he went with an FAL instead).  But every time I get ready to buy an AR, something more ineresting comes down the pike and I have to get it.

Perhaps, I can get a good AR if and when the '94  ban dies.  I wonder if the "post-ban" rifles will drop in price.... hmmmmm
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Hell, I've even got a pre-ban that has no lug! It's cool and yet geeky at the same time!

I've got several of each. You mean you don't??[8D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad you are unable to put a collapsible CAR stock or a vortex(not pinned nor welded) on a AR10A4/C/T, mine sure looks fine with both.
There are no pre / post ban here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Allright, nobody move... this thread is being HIJACKED.  

Take this thread to [s]Cuba[/s] elitist Colt-land RIGHT NOW.

"If it ain't Colt, its just a copy!"

Discuss.  [beathorse]
View Quote
If it's a Colt, it's a copy of an original ArmaLite.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#34]
The current ArmaLite company has nothing to do with the original ArmaLite that first produced Mr. Stoner's weapon. They just bought the name.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have both.  While the prebans offer some distinct advantages, I took my postban M15 ArmaLites (1 carbine, 1 rifle)out last weekend and blasted away with them.  The brake (I still would rather have a flash suppressor) is very effective in that you hardly move from the target and they are both sweet guns.  My postban AR10 is a helluva rifle too.

I do however, actually prefer my preban Eagle Arms (same company) carbines because with the telescoping stock they can get pretty small.  Besides, they have all the features that the commie pinko liberals hate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The current ArmaLite company has nothing to do with the original ArmaLite that first produced Mr. Stoner's weapon. They just bought the name.
View Quote
Yes, we know that.  Thank you for the history lesson.  However, Colt and several other well known names in the gun industy do not have the original owners or have nothing to do with the original company.  Now, read again what I typed in the post you are alluding to.

They still make the best rifle out there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Pre ban-post ban its like an old money new money kinda thing.

Thankfully all my thunder sticks are pre ban so...

[nana][nana][nana][nana][nana][nana][nana]

Pardon me Rallywagon, do you have any
grey poupon ? [hail2]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
[>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(] [>(]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, we know that.  Thank you for the history lesson.  However, Colt and several other well known names in the gun industy do not have the original owners or have nothing to do with the original company.  Now, read again what I typed in the post you are alluding to.

They still make the best rifle out there.
View Quote

All true - but Eagle Arms certainly don't go out of their way to correct many peoples' false belief that they ARE the original ArmaLite.

In fact, it is quite clear that their advertising is meant to encourage people to make that mistaken assumption.  I think it's a little shameless at best, and outright dishonest and unethical at worst.

I do agree that they make a great rifle, and I own one - but to me that's a whole separate issue.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Present and accounted for!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Take your postie rifle and and I will take mine and lets go at it with out ammo. Having a bayonet is like going to the stor with a pistol. most likely you will never use it, but it is better to have one and not need it then to need one and not have it. But I dont know what it is like to own a post ban gun.
GG
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yup some old fuck is sitting in his rocking chair holding a musket thinking [b]if it ain't a musket it aint S**T.[/b] He does you one better, you aint shit unless you got a old stinky coonskin cap and a musket.

Do you have a rocking chair yet ?
View Quote

Yep, I'm one those folks that has an Olympic Arm/SGW stop-signed ARs and a Quality Parts/Bushmaster ARs one in each hand, and saying you ain't got $hit if you can't put a bayonet and a real A2 birdcage flashhider on.

Just kidding what's the big deal, if you have a preban fine, if not its find too. Looks isn't everything, but hitting your target is. Those preban features are just cosmetic BS.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#46]
You rang?

Actually I have both, but I want more. I think I will wait until 2005 before I get another pre-ban.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Stokes, 2 questions:
1. What non-M16 Colt had both milspec pushpins and fire control parts?

2. WTF IS UP W/THAT FUGULY UPPER???
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is pretty close, and I don't have to live in a third world country to have it!
View Quote

Neither do I. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[I do however, actually prefer my postban Eagle Arms ... carbines because with the telescoping stock they can get pretty small.  Besides, they have all the features that the commie pinko liberals hate.
View Quote

uhhh, FYI a tele-stock on a postban AR is [i]verboten[/i]!

perhaps you mean your [b]pre[/b]-ban Eagle?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
2. WTF IS UP W/THAT FUGULY UPPER???
View Quote

Knight's SR-25
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top