Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 10:23:22 AM EDT
Just learned that National Public Radio's "All Things Considered"  has a feature scheduled for their program this afternoon/evening covering charges that the gun industry is intentionally feeding dealers who sell to the black market.  If you have a public radio outlet in your area, you might want to tune in to see how they handle this issue.

As you listen, keep in mind that those of us who support Israel in the Middle East often refer to NPR as National PALESTINIAN Radio, because in their coverage of the area, they always give 2 to 3 times as much time to the Arab side; so it will be interesting to see if they do the same to the anti gun side today.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks, i'll be listening.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just learned that National Public Radio's "All Things Considered"  has a feature scheduled for their program this afternoon/evening covering charges that the gun industry is intentionally feeding dealers who sell to the black market.  If you have a public radio outlet in your area, you might want to tune in to see how they handle this issue.

As you listen, keep in mind that those of us who support Israel in the Middle East often refer to NPR as National PALESTINIAN Radio, because in their coverage of the area, they always give 2 to 3 times as much time to the Arab side; so it will be interesting to see if they do the same to the anti gun side today.
View Quote

Well, shuh!

How you really think their going to handle this issue?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
NPR had an awesome piece on "The World" news program yesterday about volunteer civilian snipers in Israel.  Talked about their Remington m700 rifles, their training, and mission.  They're mostly observers and sentries posted on rooftops and hides around Jerusalem, looking for terrorists and communicating with police. But they practice sniping out to 600 yards in quarries on the weekends.

One of the snipers said, in perfect English, "I look for the harmless, Western-looking ones first.  Especially tourists.  I look for happy, jovial guys like my ex-law partner. Those are always how the terrorists present themselves before they strike."

Hey, the piece has been archived, if you want to listen to it: [url]http://www.theworld.org/content/05076.wma[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Listen to NPR?!

HA!

If I want sh!t, I'll go clean out a barn!

Besides, Sean Hannity is still on at that time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I love NPR.  I dont think they're that biased at all.  Much less so than say, ABC news and Peter Al-Jazeera.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love NPR.  I dont think they're that biased at all.  Much less so than say, ABC news and Peter Al-Jazeera.
View Quote

I listed to NPR frequently and they are frequently biased.

They had a bunch of stuff on guns today.

On All Things Considered, they did a puff piece on Robert Riker, the former gun industry lobbyist who is now pimping himself out to the lawsuits against gun manufacturers.  It was quite one-sided, and they left out numerous unflattering pieces of the picture (like his $225 per hour consulting fee for testifying under oath).

Later on, in the News, they talked about the NRA, and those pieces (on the assault weapons ban and the campaign finance reform issue) were reasonably balanced.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...  "I look for the harmless, Western-looking ones first.  Especially tourists.  I look for happy, jovial guys like my ex-law partner. Those are always how the terrorists present themselves before they strike." ...
View Quote

If I ever visit Israel, I guess I’ll have to dress up like a terrorist and not a tourist to avoid getting shot!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
For general news, no one beats NPR. They have great news articles too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For general news, no one beats NPR. They have great news articles too.
View Quote

I agree.

Try listening to Mike Webb on 710 KIRO as well, he is on the spot with his accurate and un-biased talk show. [:\]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Mostly, UHLEK, I listen to

I dont like talk radio, but sometimes I listen to morning edition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top