Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 10:20:46 AM EDT
I'm going to LA next week,Is there any good places to check out for guns and or knives.Will be in the Airport and Long Beach area.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
buwhahahaha

That's a good one. Somebody tell it to you, or did you make it up yourself?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.. the company is sending me to LA to work our aircraft.And I am staying with a friend in Long Beach.I have never been to PRK.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nope.. the company is sending me to LA to work our aircraft.And I am staying with a friend in Long Beach.I have never been to PRK.....
View Quote

From everything I've heard, if you want good guns in that area, you have to drive to Nevada.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Muhahaha we have guns, plenty of them. Come get some Cali.

You know a sar-1 will sell on the streets of california for $600 lol, yep I said Sar-1 something that is about $210 at a dealer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Just north of the airport is a town called Culver City. Just head up the 405. Going east to west is Washington Blvd. There are 3 gun stores there, east of the Sepulveda intersection. Martin B. Retting is on the north side of Washington Blvd and Red Star Military is on the south. There's another gunstore just west of those two, but I never remember it's name.

RED STAR MILITARY
LOREN OR IAN
11018 WASHINGTON BL
CULVER CITY , CA 90232
phone: 310-559-5530

MARTIN B. RETTING, Inc.
11029 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
310-837-2412
http://www.retting.com

I don't know too much about the Long Beach area. Long Beach is south of Palos Verdes. North of Palos Verdes is an area called Torrance. We have a Turner's in Torrance, right near the intersection of Hawthorne and Artesia/Redondo Beach Blvds. I've been to RNJ gun store in Carson as well as Flag far to the East (can't recall the town).

As far as rifle ranges, most that I know of are north, but I'd guess there may be some toward Long Beach.

Enjoy your stay in Calif.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#6]
M.B. Rettings - 11029 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 310-837-2412

Red Star Military Museem and Sales - 11018 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 310-559-7730

Right across the street from each other, and down the street (just east of) another store that deals only in antique firearms and other weapons.

All three are 1/2 mi. east of the 405 freeway.

Enjoy your trip!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#7]
LB is close to Orange County.

Pop open the yellow pages and czech em out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Red Star Military Museem and Sales - 11018 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 310-559-7730

Right across the street from each other, and down the street (just east of) another store that deals only in antique firearms and other weapons.

Enjoy your trip!
View Quote

what's the area like?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your trip!
View Quote

what's the area like?
View Quote

If you mean, is it safe? Absolutely.  Nice middle class area- and just down the street is Tito's Tacos, one of the best Mezzican food joints in town.  Slightly west of the corner of Washington and Sepulveda Blvd., on Washington Blvd or Place.

If you head west from the gunshops, Washington Blvd. almost immediately splits into two and Tito's is in teh direction of the left fork (I think it is Washington Place)... if not it's the right fork.  You'll find it- it's all within a few blocks...

Have fun!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#10]
As far as the area, SONY pictures (formerly MGM) is in Culver City. It used to a blue collar area and had a strong movie presence (essentially, more Hollywood movies were made in Culver City than in Hollywood itself). Although this is of some historical interest, you may find it a bit sleepy. At any rate, it really isn't a tourist site (but it is close to touristy areas such as Santa Monica, the Wilshire district, and Westwood [home of UCLA]).

Edit -- Here's our home page LOL:

http://www.ci.culver-city.ca.us/
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info...Going to be there for the week [hopefully not throwing MD-11 main wheels around the whole time!]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#12]
May I suggest posting this also in the California section of the Hometown part of the board? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
also, bring lots of cash. the muggers don't like it when they knock you out and only find a few bucks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Two things suggest, neither gun related- but fun.

Goto Venice Beach (right near the airport) on a weekend. You can rent bikes or rollerblades there for the biketrail along the beach. The thing to see there is both babes and the freakshow- many unusual people setup tables up along the sidewalk, handing out pamphlets for new religions, selling homemade books, or just hanging around.

If you're in Longbeach, take a ferry to Catalina Island.  It's just off shore, and has submarine tours, wild buffalo roaming around the island, etc... It's a big contrast from the city.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunately, the Calif. legislature is trying very hard to drive the gunstores out of business so you'll probably find better toys at home. However I would take a bike ride on the beach bike path from. My wife and I used to the bike on the path from Redondo Beach to Marina Del Rey, eat lunch and walk around, at 2-3p head back south to Redondo Beach and eat crab on Redondo pier from the outdoor restuarant on the pier for dinner. And of course as already mentioned check out the beach babes. Oh yeah, don't laugh at those teeny-tiny houses along the beaches, they're probably worth about a million bucks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks  guys for all the help maybe the trip to the land of P.C won't be that bad ;]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top