Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 8:57:55 PM EDT
Everybody says this sometime, But did you ever feel like you really could. This guy at work is giving me a hard time and it pisses me off like i've never felt before. It scares me to have feelings like this. This guy is twice my size. I'm more worried of losing my job than getting my ass kicked if I fight him. I can take a ball-busting like anyone but he just persists. Any advice?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that you said you could kill him, you can't.  There's a trail with a motive.

So here's what you do:  Nothing.

Quit your bitching, we all have people we can't stand.  Just laugh it off, they're insignificant (really!)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ragnar's book of dirty tricks?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah!!! Dirty tricks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Is he giving you a hard time over personal things or work related things? If it's work related and he's a "superior", best to try to do better -- it could be his way of "motivating" you.

If it's personal harassment, take them gloves and say something about his wife, sister, or mother. I know it's a juvenile tactic, but a lot of people who give/talk shit never expect to receive it and will most likely back down, that's my experience anyway. If you're the kind that gets visibly upset but keeps it under control, he could be doing that to you because your anger amuses him.

Trust me, I ran a kitchen in Louisiana that employed ex-cons almost exclusively and I'm about as intimidating in person as a Mickey Mouse keychain. Stand up to this guy fast and aggressively and he'll probably move on to someone else.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Size don't mean shit.
I'm a big guy myself, but I don't fuck with people like that.

If the shite hits the fan with the guy, just make sure you hit him with something.
Something heavy, or have something in your hand when you punch him.

Body shots are pointless,probably won't even feel it.

Gotta hit him in the head or the face, and do it right the first time.
Cause if he can react after the first hit, he'll kick your ass.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]
legal way - harassment complaint to your employee relations / human resources department. simply put, you don't have to put up with his shit, legally.

the "other way" meet him after work and put a hurtin' on him.

while he's down call his mom bad names.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#7]
How much of a size difference are we talkin here?

How big are you and how big is he?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
legal way - harassment complaint to your employee relations / human resources department. simply put, you don't have to put up with his shit, legally.

the "other way" meet him after work and put a hurtin' on him.

[red]while he's down call his mom bad names.[/red]
View Quote

[lol] That's the way we do it in KY. hey CC [lol]

If he is that big do not hit him in the head, you will receive a broken hand I know the hard way.[:D]

Take out his knee or hit him in the his chest about three to four inches below center of his tits, that will take the fight out of him.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Take out his knee or hit him in the his chest about three to four inches below center of his tits, that will take the fight out of him.
View Quote

Nah, that knee thing doesn't work.
In a fight a couple years ago with my best friend (didn't used to be my friend...)
he kicked me in the knee, and broke his ankle.

Also, someone's broken their wrist punching me in the chest too.

If you fight me, or someone like me, you're gonna have to knock me out or do some neurological damage, cause I can take a major hit and not even notice it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Kill him with kindness.... [kiss]  he'll think your fucking crazy and stay away.

and if that don't work.....  [nuts]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell him that his flirting with you is going nowhere. You aint buying that toughguy homo shit and you knew he was a snake charmer the first time you saw him. Tell him to go dick trawling somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Take out his knee or hit him in the his chest about three to four inches below center of his tits, that will take the fight out of him.
View Quote

In a fight a couple years ago with my best friend (didn't used to be my friend...)

If you fight me, or someone like me, you're gonna have to knock me out or do some neurological damage, cause I can take a major hit and not even notice it.

View Quote

[hail2] the [+]:D]

Please don't pick on me NME.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to like to fight. thought it was fun. What a dumbass. Course I was young and immortal then.

Now... Got AR, acreage, and a backhoe. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#14]
This is brilliant:

Quoted:
Tell him that his flirting with you is going nowhere. You ain't buying that tough-guy homo shit and you knew he was a snake charmer the first time you saw him. Tell him to go dick trawling somewhere else.
View Quote

…and then of course don't forget to follow up a few days later by shitting in his coffee cup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#15]
You kill him, then you lose your guns... is it worth it????
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Go fuck his sister.

**Edited to add: take a pic of her naked, so when he calls you out on it, he will be the one on offensive. There goes his job [;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#17]
If he's not your boss, & just a co worker. Laugh, laugh when you see him coming, laugh when he says anything to, or around you. If he ask what so funny just say, Oh nothing, & then laugh even harder. Get another co worker in on it & nudge him when the guy heads in your direction, & both of you start laughing. It won't take to much of this & the jerk won't like being around you out of shear embarrassment.[rofl2][lol][rofl]. Also be very nice to him, it will literally drive him insane. It will be like burning coals on his head! If he starts to be gruff with you answer him in a gentle voice, no matter how loud he gets. Don't let him riel you because then he has stolen your cool, & you have lost.
There is really no reason to have to get physical. Use your brain, over his braun, & if all else fails kick him swiftly in the nuts,or a gentle side of the hand stroke across his throat will incapacitate him, & leave him at your mercy. Just make sure you don't crush his trachea, as this will result in his death, & killing someone for verbally berating us is really only cool in the movies, or in a fantasy, where there are no real consequences for the action.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds to me like you get in lots of fights with limp-wristed faggots!

And for the original poster.  Hit the guy on the jawbone just in front of his ear.  It's tought to describe, but if you get the right spot, you will pull his lower jaw out and his mouth will just hang there useless.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tell him that his flirting with you is going nowhere. You aint buying that toughguy homo shit and you knew he was a snake charmer the first time you saw him. Tell him to go dick trawling somewhere else.
View Quote

AWSOME! Its a reverse ming screw.. Especially effective whith whitnesses.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#20]
...and blacknesses too!

[size=1](sorry - couldn't resist!)[/size=1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#21]
File sexual harrassment at work. Story being that he has come on to you and his behavior is in retaliation for not welcoming his advances. Then sue your company for not giving you a big promotion. Works for women.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#22]
call his employer and make up shit.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds to me like you get in lots of fights with limp-wristed faggots!

And for the original poster.  Hit the guy on the jawbone just in front of his ear.  It's tought to describe, but if you get the right spot, you will pull his lower jaw out and his mouth will just hang there useless.
View Quote

Nope,I've taken on guys twice MY size.
The guy who broke his wrist on my chest was
nearly a foot taller than me..
Most limp wristed faggots just shut up and crap their pants in my presence.

Just remember, all those little, "if you hit him just right in the right spot" things are bullcrap. Now, if you hit me in the throat hard enough, then you can kill me. But I'm not gonna let you do that.
You have to hit me with something heavy,
hard enough to stop the first time.
That's about the only thing that will prevent
total dismemberment.

[+]:D]Thank you, Nwatson, you are a smart man.
But don't worry, I never pick on people.
NOW SOMEONE FETCH ME MY PORK AND ALE!!!

ADDED: misspelled somethin'.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#24]
This happened to me in '01.  I confided in a friend/coworker for the first 3 occasions....by # 4 I figured it was a solid pattern. I went to HR and told them what had happened and told HR that if it happened again I would break-out and try with all my might to beat the shit out of this ass....not that I care to destroy someone, but this ass was going to go home w/ a wound despite what he may do to me...if he did it again.

HR fired him 30 min. later, after an interview.

-HS
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#25]
damn, y'all fight too fair....kick him in the nuts.  that'll take the fight outta anyone...it might be dirty, but i fight to win...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Depends on how pissed off you are.
The kicking of nuts thing don't always work.
It's not to hard to catch your leg and throw you off balance either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Grow up, and let it go !
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#28]
No one is invulnerable, and you should ALWAYS seek other avenues before getting into a fight.  You don't want to be found as the instigator of a fight...jail time would suck.

If you do get into a fight, use weapons.  Anything and everything is a weapon of either distraction or destruction.  

What NME says is correct...all the "if you hit him just right, just there..." scenarios are fine if you are delivering a deliberate pre-emptive strike, but in a self-defense situation, both of you are going to be moving, and precise aim is unlikely, so bash him with something heavby and hard, throw shit in his face, and take him down as fast as you can.  Mercy is for suckers who often, subsequently, end up dead men.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#29]
throw shit in his face
View Quote

Ahh, the old crap in your hands and fling it into your opponent's eys trick.

Never failed me once.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Got any pics???
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Pics? Pics of what?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#33]
You know,there are alot of different circumstances as to what kind of shit you are receiving. If it is work related,and effects your work,it should be brought to the boss. But don't depend on witnesses,they develope amnesia too often. Is the guy genuinely being mean to you,or are you just not taking it well? Have you made it clear that you are NOT pleased with his actions?(Some people REALLY do NOT know how irritating they are to others)Alot of people pick on people because of how they react,so do you throw a tantrum when teased?(Do you contribute to your own harassing by making it entertaining)
Chances are,if you come to the guy one on one and let him know how upset and pissed you are,he will get the message.On the other hand,if the guy is a total asshole,there ain't much they will understand.My suggestion: Hide by his car in the parking lot with a bat!....and if he's still twitching,he's a threat! So it's best to keep swinging untill no movement is observed!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This guy at work is giving me a hard time and it pisses me off like i've never felt before.
View Quote

So what exactly is this guy doing to you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#35]
He's picking on me. How stupid does that sound. It's not what he's saying, just that he keeps saying it. Plus he does it in front of other people and behind my back. I'm 5'11". He's maybe 6" taller than me and 75lbs. bigger. Like i said, I'm not afraid to fight, just don't want to. This whole thing feels like something that happens in middle school. It's so stupid, I'm embarrased about it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Tell him you really want to get to know him better, if he knows what you mean.  Then wet your pants and yell redrum, redrum!  He should then leave you alone.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Ahhhhh. Practical Jokes... The ONLY way to go.

Take dog shit and put it under the door handle of his car.

I like the shitting in his coffee cup idea.

And the best part is let your friends at work in on it... as they watch him try to open the car door... BEAUUUUUUTIFUL!!!

Can you put a bumper sticker on his car that says "COPS SUCK!" on it?

(Im not saying COPS SUCK ... just be a nice lure to get a ticket)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He's picking on me. How stupid does that sound. It's not what he's saying, just that he keeps saying it. Plus he does it in front of other people and behind my back.
View Quote

When I was a young private I had a SP4 who treated me like that.  The guy had me on the ropes.  One day I was looking in his direction.  He had a chubby face and I notice he looked like a cat.  I started calling him "Kitty".  At first he said it did not bother him.  But I called him that and nothing else.  I even drew a picture of him with cat features and showed everyone.   They started to think he looked like a cat and started in on him also.  It really unnerved the guy.  I only stopped when my Squad leader told me they were going to kick the guy out of the Army, (I was told this right after "Kitty" threw his tool box at me and just missed my head).  So I recommend pick something.  The more absurd the better and give it right back to the guy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Think of a sneaky way to get him fired.  Use your imagination.  Do it yourself, and don't ever tell another living sole- even us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top