Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 8:22:58 PM EDT
I just read something that has got to be a lie,if not North Korea is flirting with annihilation.
In any event what targets can their missles reach here in the USA?
Here's the link to the story,
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They don't have delivery missles too accurate - they might be able to hit Southern California but not say the city of Riverside rather than Barstow. I'm nominating San Francisco and the whole bay area!
View Quote

Oh, hey, thanks a lot!

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't have delivery missles too accurate - they might be able to hit Southern California but not say the city of Riverside rather than Barstow. I'm nominating San Francisco and the whole bay area!
View Quote

Oh, hey, thanks a lot!

View Quote

just duck and cover [:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I read, they don't have an accurate or even reliable delivery system. If they launch one of their precious few nukes at us and it fails then they have a hand full of nothing and will be destroyed. If they hit us with one of their shabby attempts at nuclear weaponry then they will be destroyed. If the hit anything anywhere, they will be destroyed. Kind of like a little yappind dog with sharp teeth. Once he snaps at your heel your gonna stomp his head flat. Bring it assholesan.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Gee, that sounded like a threat.  Are they giving us justification for preemption?  

I think it's the equivalent of a guy sticking his hand in his pocket pretending he has a gun.  He says, "I've got a gun!" and then a citizen with a real gun neutralizes the perceived threat.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#6]

NK talks big because that's all they got. I would imagine our boys have them measured and are watching them real closely, one puff of smoke coming out the end of one of their missiles and NK becomes a smokin' hole in the ground, and they know it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Also remember that their buddies the Chinese aren't going to be real keen on them making so much noise.  Sure, it's fun for the Chinese to watch them bark at Uncle Sam, but once Japan starts thinking about arming itself with nukes for deterrance, or talks about allowing the USA to base nukes there, they'll tell the little dog to shut up.

Additionally, all we need to do is stall for time.  There will be a missle defense system soon enough to protect Japan, and then one that will protect the US.  It's no coincidence that Bush is planning on putting the first BMD installation in Alaska (which is the only part of the US they can hit now, and what any NK missle will have to fly over to get here).  Once that's done, all of a sudden the North Koreans have nothing to show for all their work. It'd be a bad day in Pyongyang to wake up one morning and realize that all your nukes were made comletely useless overnight.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, hey, thanks a lot!

View Quote

just duck and cover [:)]
View Quote

Roger that!  I picked up one of those old 50's style school desks at a flea market just to have a place to dive if the big one hits. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top