Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 3:37:03 PM EDT
Some of you guys are so silly. The nra is fighting for the gun companys so the laws suits get dropped against them. then, Its top job will be to protect assault weapons and lift the ban.Lifting the 94 AW ban is the number one thing they are working on. They are so powerful, that without them we would not even be shooting ak's and ar15's right now. I know that every one is mad that the 94 ban screwed up stuff but thats what happens when you don't go out and vote.All I know is the NRA supports all weapons and it doesn't care to lose any more to bans. Really, if there was never an NRA then we would not have assault weapons to shoot anymore. Not voting for Bush would be so dumb.Hes the most progun as we are going to get.
Look at ashcroft hes pro 2nd amendment. Some of you guys are just so silly. Use your brain. No NRA to press the senators and congressmen would mean no ar15's. Just a bunch of chucky's. Plus the NRA supports gun makers by having them in there magazine in ads and articles. Should Bush sign the ban renewal I would still vote for him. The reason is if we showed him we were mad and didn't vote for him then we would lose more guns and have more bans when he is out. If they add ar15's to the list we will not get them back. The democrap's are working on more bans right now. If they get hillary in office(and regain house, etc.) then they will push even more stuff. Like banning gun shows. do you think little progun groups can save them. NO.but the NRA can. So don't be dumb.Vote Bush and join NRA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
FACT:
Because they don't really care about gun rights. The only thing that matters is their precious little AR15.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Work!  Calling them dumb will make them join..then to make sure, you call them dumb again!

Way to get the job done, dumbass!

(PS...I won't even comment on the lack of capital letters or using paragraphs to make it easier to read).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess dumb must be the word of the day. Congratulations on your mastery of it. Now it is time to expand your vocabulary to include other words.

I proudly support the NRA. I don't think they are as hard line as I would like though.

As far as Bush being the most pro-gun candidate that we have, you need to check out some guys called Libertarians. I think you might be pleasantly suprised.

If Bush signs a renewal of the ban in any form, I take my vote some where else. Bottom line.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
the libs would never win. why vote for some dude who will never win.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
First of all I've been a member of the NRA for so long I can't remember.

I've also written many letters to them  expressing my disspleasure with the way they represent me on numerous occasions only to get replies asking me to renew my membership early.

They are the biggest game in town but not the most effective.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, who would do a better job? Scope? You have to have money to get the votes and to be big and bad. the NRA scares the antigunners.
DO YOU REALLY THINK WE WOULD BE SHOOTING AR15'S RIGHT NOW IF THERE WAS NO NRA?
they stick up for all guns even those dumb 9mm rifles that go for $200.
they even like those silly pink pistols.
Who would be better? some little gun shop in ny with a signed letter from ten gun owners?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What if SAF had all that money and no Wayne?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Please answer the questions. don't be like the left and just bypass them. Would we still have assault weapons if there was no NRA? I bet some of you guys are even voting for the dems.and I bet some of you are even criminals who are not supposed to have guns. Its too bad.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, who would do a better job? Scope? You have to have money to get the votes and to be big and bad. the NRA scares the antigunners.
DO YOU REALLY THINK WE WOULD BE SHOOTING AR15'S RIGHT NOW IF THERE WAS NO NRA?
they stick up for all guns even those dumb 9mm rifles that go for $200.
they even like those silly pink pistols.
Who would be better? some little gun shop in ny with a signed letter from ten gun owners?
View Quote

They comprimised on the assault weapons ban.

They comprimised on GCA of 86.

They compromised 5 too many times already.

They are the most powerful but aren't going in the right direction.  They may be owned by the anti's and leading us to hell.

I don't really believe that,  do I?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I think some people are just cheap. I support both the NRA and the GOA.

I really find it funny when the Libs think the NRA is right wing wackos, they are milquetoast comapred to other gun right groups.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]
 Vallblade,
I am an NRA member for quite some time now. With all the news, legislation and stories they publish about guns and gun rights, the AR15 rifle or similar "assault" type semi-auto rifles have not been a major concern for them to write about or push very hard for to educate the anti-gun public about.
Just look at any NRA magazine published in the last few years. How many of them have anything to do with AR15s or similar rifles. Not many. The NRA is mostly all hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns and cowboy revolvers.
In the last few years, I have seen, but one magazine dedicated to AR15 rifles which was written more to the fact they are used by law enforcement, but they have barely ever pushed  any story and their belief for civilian AR15 ownership beyond NRA competitions.
The NRA has a new president now. I'm hoping for some better changes and not any worse.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 Just look at any NRA magazine published in the last few years. How many of them have anything to do with AR15s or similar rifles. Not many. The NRA is mostly all hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns and cowboy revolvers.
In the
View Quote

About two months ago the NRA`s American Rifleman did a GREAT acticle on the DSA FAL.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:I bet some of you are even criminals who are not supposed to have guns. Its too bad.
View Quote

Hold the fucking phone there buddy!!

Do you care to take back this statement??

What exactly are you trolling after?

You call us dumb twice and then you call us criminals!!  Yet you expect us to answer you?

Go back to your rock troll, we don't like your kind.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm an NRA member and GOA member.

They may not be perfect, but they're the best we've got right now...

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Please answer the questions. don't be like the left and just bypass them. Would we still have assault weapons if there was no NRA? I bet some of you guys are even voting for the dems.and I bet some of you are even criminals who are not supposed to have guns. Its too bad.
View Quote

Ok Mr Personality, first you call us dumb, then you say we vote democrat, then you offer the opinion that some of us are criminals.  Shortly you'll be crying about how we don't tolerate different opinions here when in truth we simply don't like dumbshit trolls who are simply trying to start a fight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I think this whole thread is silly!
WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Like banning gun shows. do you think little progun groups can save them. NO.but the NRA can. So don't be dumb.Vote Bush and join NRA.
View Quote

I'm SO glad you posted this, valblade.
Being a dumb criminal gunowner, I would have had no idea how to save my 2nd amendment right.

So all I have to do, according to you, is send my check to the NRA (good thing I already did that last month), and vote for Bush?  Whew, do you have any idea how much time I've wasted contacting my Congressmen regarding gun legislation and convincing fence-sitters to go to the range for an afternoon?

Man, do I feel...well, dumb.

Thanks for giving us the formula for success in the 2nd amendment battle.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Over the years, more than a few, the NRA has gladly taken my money, but then done nothing to defend gun rights.  They are good at pissing people off, but do not really have a strategy.  They have compromised, compromised, compromised, trying to be reasonable, until we have arrived where we are today, trying to play catchup.  They have a$$kissed to the clay shooters and duck hunters, and as far as other shooters who are primarily concerned with self defense, they have sold us down the river.  We are not "sporting".

I think they have finally started to wake up.  NOW they see that their deer hunters are threatened by "sniper rifle" laws.  And they finally understand that we shall either hang together, or we will certainly hang separately.

The only groups that have steadfastly defended us are Gun Owners of America, and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

I give my money to these two groups.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I am a member of NRA but all they seem to do is lobby for hunters' rights and specific firearms they like (bolt guns, some shotguns, pistols). And top of that, they keep sending mails asking for more money. Why don't they just use that money on lobbying instead of asking for more?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#21]
If the NRA had done what we pay them to do in the first place (1994), we wouldn't have this little problem right now.
I am a life member of the NRA.
If they don't stop it this time around, I am renouncing my membership, and will demand a refund of all my contributions to them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#22]
[>:/]

I own (4) AR15'S and I have been a NRA Member since 1987.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

[:K] [chainsaw]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think this whole thread is silly!
WOO HOO!
View Quote

OMFG! I actually agree with Imbroglio for once. [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OMFG! I actually agree with Imbroglio for once. [whacko]
View Quote

Then you should agree with these articles:

[url=keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=175]the blind side of the NRA[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Because former NRA president Charlton heston doesnt feel I should be able to own an AK47.  Becuase when the NRA had only limited funds to spend in California, they actively fought SB15 (protecting the gun makers) but ignored SB23 (screwing AR15 owners).

The only thing NRA likes about AR15 owners is we have more money to donate than the Walmart 870 duck hunting crowd.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "Big Two" are counting on sheep to bleat that same tune all the time.  This way people vote for "the lesser of two evils" instead of the best man for the job.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:20:39 AM EDT
[#30]
[b]"Why do ar15 owners not like the NRA?"[/b]  

My first question is, where are you getting your information?

I own several AR's. I also own an NFA weapon. I am going to go "life" when my NRA membership expires next year.

My only regret is that I don't have enough $$$$$ to spend on them, and GOA, and SAS, etc,etc.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I remember seeing tape of an NRA rep in front of a Congressional committee.  It was about 10 years ago so some of the details are fuzzy, but one thing remained crystal clear.  The libdem asking the questions led him down a path like he had a ring in his nose.  Starting out with "Do you think people should be allowed to own machine guns?" "Yes", it escalated to "Do you think people should be allowed to own bazookas?" and the answer was still "Yes".  

What does that do for credibility?  A person with balls would have looked back at that congressman and said, "I think we are departing from the realm of common sense and need to get back to the issue at hand."  Instead, he publicly stated we should be able to own BAZOOKAS if we want to.  Now I personally could probably have some innocent fun with one, but I'm not sure I'd trust my neighbor's kids...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:32:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Show me one issue of any NRA magazine that has an article, or picture for that matter, of the type of rifles we are so fond of.

It's all flint locks, handguns, shotguns and muzzle loaders.

Closest they've come so far is the latest issue of America's 1st Freedom with an article about Wilson Combat and a close up of their flip up rear sight on an AR. Only thing in the picture is the charging handle.

If it weren't for advertisement, you would never see any AR's or any other modern day firearms in their magazine.
View Quote

Sweep. I gotta say you are grossly misinformed and must not read many NRA mags. Most recently (I cant find it at the moment) The NRA`s American Rifleman did a COMPLETE review of the DSA FAL. It was a very good article. Its not the first time either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:39:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Show me one issue of any NRA magazine that has an article, or picture for that matter, of the type of rifles we are so fond of.

View Quote

O.K. You are starting to get a little "hot" I have every issue of American Rifleman from 1962 to 2000. sitting next to me right now.  ....Im going to .....nope....nope.....nope....here is one, May 1985 Front page The Viet Nam war Mem. Pic of the guys with a M-16 ("or a picture for that matter"). O Look double score, the back of the same issue,  "survival means different things to different people" Ad for a Colt AR-15A2 (comes in 9mm or 223) I know for a fact that there are some paragraphs on the Ar-15/M-16, and If you REALLY want me to do it I could go through all of the mags and find the story, I know that there was a great one on how this rifle did at Camp Perry when it first came out, there are tons of write up's on this rifle when the M-14 was the main issue rifle, I have even seen a story on the AR-15 rifle for varmit hunting......

Now...just to show that Im  not trying to be mean and busting your chops, in Feb of 2000 I pulled my life membership to the NRA and now give my money to GOA...

Now "IF" the NRA really does decide to make the AWB A "top" issue I will give them my money back, till then Im going to give to GOA.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:49:27 AM EDT
[#34]
to say the nra excludes assualt weapons is beyond me, ive only been a member for 1-1/2 years and have seen articles on les baer ar's cetmes,fals and a ak variant (cant remember which one) from their magazine. to me it seems their is as many articles on military weapons as hunting and target shooting combined.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#35]
NRA memeber.  For better or worse they have the most clout.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#36]
The reason some ARFCOMers don't like NRA is that they perceive it (rightfully, IMO) not to be aggressive enough in defending our rights.

Where that bunch and I part company is when they decide to cast the NRA off as garbage because it doesn't meet 100% of their expectations.

That's like throwing a can of SPAM away when you're starving. Sure, it ain't the best stiuff to eat, but it will keep you alive.

These are the same bunch of cretins who proudly state thay will NOT vote for GWB if he signs a new AWB, despite the fact that doing that will likely result in Hitlery, or someone of her ilk, assuming power and not only KEEPING the newer ban, but actively pressing for even greater restrictions.

It's a concept called "cutting off your nose in spite of your face".

Sure, I wish NRA was more aggressive. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to cast them adrift, either, because like it or not, they are the biggest single defense we have.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#38]
[b]"Why do ar15 owners not like the NRA?"[/b]

Because the NRA doesn't like AR15 owners.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one else wins, 'cause no one votes for them. SOME of us vote for people who WILL uphold the Constitution, rather than "waste" our votes on a Bush,(tweedely-dee), or a Gore, (tweedely-dum). We are just waiting for the rest of you [b]morons[/b] to figger out the idea that if you keep voting FOR those who refuse to uphold and defend" the constitution, that's what you're gonna get!!

So smarten up. Don't waste your vote. Vote for people who will secure freedom and liberty.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok Mr Personality, first you call us dumb, then you say we vote democrat, then you offer the opinion that some of us are criminals.  Shortly you'll be crying about how we don't tolerate different opinions here when in truth we simply don't like dumbshit trolls who are simply trying to start a fight.
View Quote

Come on now guys were all criminals because we own guns, even more so if we own "assault rifles"......just ask Rosie O'Dumbass
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No one else wins, 'cause no one votes for them. SOME of us vote for people who WILL uphold the Constitution, rather than "waste" our votes on a Bush,(tweedely-dee), or a Gore, (tweedely-dum). We are just waiting for the rest of you [b]morons[/b] to figger out the idea that if you keep voting FOR those who refuse to uphold and defend" the constitution, that's what you're gonna get!!

So smarten up. Don't waste your vote. Vote for people who will secure freedom and liberty.
View Quote

Well, there you have it. [headbang]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

hopefully florida Bush doesn't have the white house in sight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
NRA memeber.  For better or worse they have the most clout.
View Quote

Which they don't use. Do you think nra will challenge the repubs on this issue??
Wanna learn the "rest of the story"??? Do you know that it's "our" type of gun owner that contributes the most $$$??? If YOU were nra, would you put yourself out of business? Hmmmm??

[url]http://www.nrawol.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#46]
so where are the trolls now that weve beat em to a pulp? good job guys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#47]
you guys don't see the american rifleman magazines because your not members. there are so many articles about assault weapons over the years. I collect articles from america rifleman that have semi-autos.ar70, uzi's, ak-47's, fn-fal. the last few years there have been so many ad's for bushmaster, les baurs(ar's),wilson combat etc.Why would bushmaster put an add in a anti-semiauto magazine. Remember that the NRA SUPPORTS PRO-GUN SENATE AND CONGRESS MEMBERS THAT DO LIKE ALL SEMI-RIFLES. GOT YOU ON THAT ONE. think about it, the nra helps progun people get elected. That helps me and my fellow gun owners. the president will not sign the law I'm telling you hes just saying he will to take the heat off the issue untill next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top