Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 1:06:55 PM EDT
Like anime?  Like the Matrix?  Like both?  Then go watch the Animatrix short films at [url]www.theanimatrix.com[/url].  They're weird, they're entertaining, they're a touch disturbing.  VERY high quality in all the animation.  All of them take place within the universe of the Matrix, and some explain some of the things about the movies, ie, background.  The Second Renaissance details the rise of the machines and the war between them and humanity, and how the Matrix came into being.  Oh yeah, you'll definitely want a fast internet connection for this, and most likely want to download the episodes instead of stream them(took me 15 minutes to download a 150 meg, 9 minute video, whereas it took me around an hour to stream in the 30 second trailer, on a shared T3).  Anyone else checked this out yet?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they kick ass. My favorite is the second one ("Program"). Animation style just kicks ass. I've watced it at least a dozen times.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT...I woulda thought that there were more Matix/Animatrix fans out there than that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I got em, they kick ass.  I had to kind get the small size ones since I'm on a 31.2kbps connection and had to do it over night.

I'm gonna skip school next Thursday to go get tickets for about 10 other people.  I'll probably see it twice that day.  

Ya gotta love sci-fi with slo-mo gun footage.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Just downloaded a DVDrip of the entire series the other night (700meg XviD format).  Has about 4 or so you can't download yet apparently including the Last Flight of the Osiris one.  Good stuff, several are downright strange though.  Best ones are the ones you can already download though, the Second Ren ones and Program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top