Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 12:46:33 PM EDT
Background: We own a power equipment business. We've been burglarized many times. Each time, our alarm system becomes more sophisticated. It is so extensive, that we have to set traps for small animals on a regular basis to prevent false alarms. When there is an alarm, we get a direct dial straight to our homes, the cops are called later.

Last night, I get the call at 1 a.m. Somtimes I roll over and go back to sleep but since there has been a recent rash of burlaries, I get up and dressed quick, the wife gets the Sig 220 from the safe, (not my bedside gun) I grab my tac vest that has extra p220 mags, cuffs and Surfire lite ready to go, snap on the the Alessi CQC/S with the Sig and I'm on the way. I get to the shop and there is a cop there and my dad, my brother rolls up a minute later. We check the fence first, in the past the crooks just cut the 6 foot chainlink fence and drive right in. No openings. Dad & the cop head towards one end of the property I check the other. Seconds later I hear a crashing sound and something big hitting the fence, WTF?

It's a deer that has somehow got over the 6 ft chainlink & barbwire fence. It ain't happy! I keep the light on it while they unlock &  open a small gate, we'll try to get the deer out that way. Another cop shows up. The deer doesn't like Surefire lights and attempts to charge me several times, brave suckers! 5 of us try to steer the deer along the fence towards the opening, the deer is constantly trying to punch a hole thru the chainlink and makes significant stretched pockets in the fence, no luck getting the bloodied & battered deer to the opening. The deer charges the fence one more time and bounces backwards and stumbles, the bigger cop tackles the deer and grabs it hog-tie style by the front & rear legs, the deer lets out a distressing yell/moan. The other cop assists in the apprehension and after subdueing the perp they both carry the it by the legs outside the fence to be released. During the whole course of the chase, they're talking about getting the shotgun and cleaning the deer back at the station. I like venison, but cleaning a deer at 2 a.m. isn't on my list of things to do. Anyway, all told it took about an hour of my precious sleep to apprehend the perp, I didn't have to draw my gun and the deer lived to see another day.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, fresh venison...Yummy....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
that's a funny story. i wouldn't have shot the deer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That's funny.  I read this thread right after this one [url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185397[/url]

Seems appropriate![:d]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top