Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2016 2:38:38 PM EDT
Adopting a female chocolate lab-mix approximately 9-10 months of age.

Brought into the local SPCA shelter (stray). Timid temperament (no doubt this dog was mistreated) but otherwise very sweet disposition.

She's being spayed tonight and bringing her home tomorrow.

Dog has no name yet but tentatively her name will be "Hershey".
Here name is officially "Abby".
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Good lookin dog.  Congrats to both of you
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Good deal!
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That is going to be one spastic dog.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Give Hershey a treat for me!  Previously mistreated dogs are tough, but they come around once they know you are on their side.  Then they are fiercely loyal. (while still skeptical of everyone else )
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So..  a silver lab then?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Hershey real original
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Adopting a female chocolate lab-Weimaraner mix approximately 9-10 months of age.

Brought into the local SPCA shelter (stray). Timid temperament (no doubt this dog was mistreated) but otherwise very sweet disposition.

This pic off the web is very similar:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0d/0f/7b/0d0f7bf1289f9eccf9ef1598ee3cab5c.jpg
View Quote

You Sir, have earned one less turn on the Karmic wheel as a cockroach, and gained a true friend and companion for life. Good on you, and your new buddy.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hershey real original
View Quote

That was SWMBO's suggestion.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Hershey??
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Coffee

Java

Uhhhhh, can't think of anything else right now

Oh, I'm sure it will be a great dog
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#12]
A few others

Dakota

Madison

Whitney (another beautiful mocha babe)

Delilah

My wife that it looks like a dog that should have a "real" name. Not a "spot" or "honey bear"
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
very cool

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Sam says hi!  He came from the SPCA too, just last week.  He is an awesome boy - calm, happy, loving and house trained,   Sam is glad you adopted from the SPCA because it's full of lonesome doggies and kitties who need a forever home.  Time for a biscuit!

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Her homecoming was extended a day because of her spaying (required by state law for shelter adoptions).

She did recon on the back yard then spent the entire afternoon lying in the shade under a tree and catching the spring breeze.

Took a bit of coaxing to get her into the back porch sunroom where she's been content to stay. She's very tired. I don't think she's ever been inside before.

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice looking dog

Congrats
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#20]
She has been crowned "Abbie" which wasn't my choice (Daisy) but not as hackneyed and lame as "Bella" to which I said "aw hell, no".
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Adopting a female chocolate lab-Weimaraner mix approximately 9-10 months of age.

View Quote

A friend of mine had a Weim named Hershey. He was a great dog.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sam says hi!  He came from the SPCA too, just last week.  He is an awesome boy - calm, happy, loving and house trained,   Sam is glad you adopted from the SPCA because it's full of lonesome doggies and kitties who need a forever home.  Time for a biscuit!

http://i66.tinypic.com/28roda8.jpg
View Quote

What's the mix on that? Do they know? I've got money saying its part GSMD.

Good looking dog, congrats
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Her homecoming was extended a day because of her spaying (required by state law for shelter adoptions).

She did recon on the back yard then spent the entire afternoon lying in the shade under a tree and catching the spring breeze.

Took a bit of coaxing to get her into the back porch sunroom where she's been content to stay. She's very tired. I don't think she's ever been inside before.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/6xbpfwrebxcsxzd/P1000668.JPG?dl=0
View Quote

She will get the drift soon enough.

Great looking pup
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice looking pup.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hershey real original
View Quote

Haters gonna hate....

Good job OP.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Abbie went for an easy walk around the block Very well behaved except for when she saw a squirrel

In for The Big Tired I'm going to have to post some outside pics of her esp. when she's up on all fours. These "lying down" pics are too "Labrador" when in fact she looks more "pointer" than "retriever".

I suppose a Woods Panel will tell otherwise.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://i66.tinypic.com/28roda8.jpg
View Quote

Let's see your war face!!!!

Sam reminds me of "Lafayette" (voiced by actor George "Goober" Lindsey) from the 1970 film "The Aristocats"

The amusing motorcycle chase scene. The bloodhound, "Napoleon" was voiced by Pat Buttram aka "Mr Haney" from "Green Acres": The leg-chewing scene cracks me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMj1XrHLulI
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Rescue and shelter dags are best dags.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Abby started "Positive Dog Training" at PETCO last week and has been doing pretty well.

We have learned that she was likely used as a dog-fighting "bait dog" then dumped off when she became big enough to fight back. She has a huge bite scar on her left hind leg along with other smaller scars. She's also extremely aggressive toward larger dogs (but seems to love smaller dogs, cats, and people including children). She's also skittish about getting into and out of the car. And she's starting to pull like all hell when walked on a leash.

Hopefully the dog training will address these issues. She's really started to come out of her shell over the past couple of weeks.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top