Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 4:34:44 AM EDT
I am really hesitant to pick up ANY parts kit, after all the SHTF with interordnance. But I have always wanted a FAL.

OR,... I can order a PTR-91 from CDNN for $749.00

I realize a FAL kit is much more affordable (And probably rewarding since it would be my own build), but I don't wnt a visit from a JBT...

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
From the thousands of posts on the subject over at FNFAL.com it appears the problem has to do with Interordance only and as far as FALs only Imbel kits. You could always buy a Imbel kit from a private seller or even get a L1A1, Izzy, G1 or a nice STG kit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you're worrying too much.

I own a FAL made from a Steyer STG-58 kit with an Imbel receiver.

As long as you make sure you have the required number of US made parts in the correct configuration you will have no problem.

As noted above, visit the FAL Files. The guy's are great and any info you need can be found there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Bulid an L1A1 (inch pattern FAL). I built mine a couple years ago and I love it. I bought the parts before they went up so much and I've got about $400 in it. It will shoot 2MOA with open sights and Winchester 160 gr. PPP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top