Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 5:04:22 PM EDT
Anyone catch this???  OMFG!!!  Give me a break!!!  They are saying that blacks, or african-americans, I never know what to call them nowadays, are somehow severly traumatized by something that occurred almost a century and a half ago!!!  Bill interviewed this guy, who seems to be saying that this is another excuse for why they can't get themselves out of the ghetto.  They can't help themselves, this condition causes them to treat themselves badly, and is evidenced by poor self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, inability to hold a job, etc. etc. etc.

I am so tired of hearing these people use slavery as an excuse for why they can't better themselves.  I know quite a number of blacks who got themselves out of the ghetto and are doing wonderful things with their lives, and they get jeered at horrendously by old friends and family for wanting to get out.  Same thing with some hispanic people I know.  

Hey, I'm a  woman, and we are descriminated against, I should be paid by the government because historically they haven't placed any value on the work of a housewife with children.  Granted, I don't have kids and haven't gotten married, but reading about past housewomen has somehow traumatized me, so I shouldn't have to work or take finnancial responsibility for myself...[:)]

Come on, I know it's not politically correct for me to expect everyone to take responsibility for themselves, as I do, but isn't this something our leaders need to talk about???  People cry out that this country is going to the dogs, why can't they be held responsible for that state of condition?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, single woman?  Prepare for the wolves to show up!  But, welcome aboard!  Very nice to have you here!

Some people want something for nothing.  An excuse for failure comes in handy also.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I missed it. Are they still crying about their 40 acres and a mule?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Uh, single woman?  Prepare for the wolves to show up!  

Yep.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
[in jest] PIC!, Damnit we need a pic![/in jest]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, single woman?  Prepare for the wolves to show up!  

Yep.

View Quote

Sniff... sniff, sniff...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Uh, single woman?  Prepare for the wolves to show up!  But, welcome aboard!  Very nice to have you here!

Some people want something for nothing.  An excuse for failure comes in handy also.
View Quote

Did someone say single woman?
OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!
[img]http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~sasingh/images/album/haloween[/img]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Um whites have been slaves as well as asians and so on. I want my mother F'N check now for my post traumatic slavery disorder. But then again now I am racist for this comment how? I have no F,ckn clue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Blacks have some pretty legitimate grievances over how they been treated in the past – as do American Indians, Asians, Irish, Jews, women, union members and lots of others.

Post Traumatic Slavery Disorder [b]isn’t[/b] one of them!!!

However, the real villains in this whole mess, IMHO, are white liberals who go around encouraging various groups to feel sorry for themselves instead of trying to improve their own lot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Do these dumbasses realize that they were sold as slaves by other blacks!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do these dumbasses realize that they were sold as slaves by other blacks!!!
View Quote

Damn it!  How dare you confuse them with documented historical FACTS! [:D]

I saw something on the tube awhile back (History Channel I think) about the slave trade.  They had one of the guides at one of the major slave trading centers in Africa talking about the fact that they have American blacks come over to Africa with all the popular notions of how it was all the whites fault their people were slaves.

When they find out from a black African the truth that their own people sold them for money and because of tribal warfare the Americans are in utter shock and disbelief.  Many of them simply break down in tears.

I wonder how many blacks in the US are in denial over this and how many really don't know because of PC in schools and because it's something the black "leadership" doesn't want known?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#11]
All I can say is that I'm third generation... we owned no slaves... fuck "reparations"
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd say those who know (a minority among blacks) probably deny it because there goes there case, however, they know in their mind that they just can't take any responsibility for themselves.  The rest of them choose to believe everything sharpton, jackson, and other liberals tell them as 100% truth.  I praise those who educate themselves enough to know otherwise, but they are sellouts and uncle Toms.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Post Traumatic Slavery Disorder:[BS2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I have been forced by the capitolist requirement to make money to work with computers for nearly 2 decades. Therefore I must be suffering from Post Traumatic Programmer Disorder!

Pay up you evil bustards! :D
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Had a class on Africa this semester, and black people where enslaving other black people long before we had anything to do with it.

How do you think we got the idea? An American discovered this in Africa and decided it would be easier and cheaper to have slaves do the manuel labor in the US just like they where doing in Africa.

Of course, we didn't talk a whole lot about this. It was only mentioned in one short paragraph, in one lecture.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Another thought. There was one black student in my class. Sat towards the back, didn't say one word in our discussions all semester, and didn't do much.

Last week the topic of reparations came up, he talked for 10 minutes and knew exactly what the current status of the whole thing was.

I guess he had more interest in that, than in learning about Africa, which is ironic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I still like Ann Coulter's phrase regarding the DC Murderers:

Jihad Impulse-Control Disorder
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm hoping the Reparations debate grows and draws in more of American society.  The outcome promises to be one of those political watershed events that sets the course of racial policy and attitude for years to come.  This could be just the trigger to break through the PC reluctance to frankly discuss racial differences at the highest levels for fear of being labeled a "racist".  There's nothing like a good fire-in-the-eyes brawl to clear the air!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree with them. Slavery is horrible and quite a traumatic experience. I say we give each and every man or woman who was once held as a slave (legally under federal law) a million dollar check. Fit it in the social security budget somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#21]
They want their forty acres and a mule? FINE!

Ship their sorry asses back to Africa, and tell them the entire continent, and all the mules therein, are theirs for the taking.

Should reduce the Federal budget by about 60%.

IBTL, because you just know that speaking the truth about this subject is bound to piss off some guilt-ridden, non-black, brainless idiot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top