Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Is that a Toor? I’ve been dithering on ordering one.

@3xpert

Please @ me back.
View Quote

@lilMAC25

Yes, Merchant 2.0S

I like it, also have a few of Toor's fixed blades.
Seems solid and well built without all the glamour of some other makers knives.
And made in the USA!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:

@lilMAC25

Yes, Merchant 2.0S

And made in the USA!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@3xpert

Please @ me back.

@lilMAC25

Yes, Merchant 2.0S

And made in the USA!

Sweet! Thank you
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Good afternoon gents.  Hope everyone is well.  I'm playing Dodge the COVID as it rampages through my office and my wife's.  In addition, my daughter has COVID as a result of attending the junior prom last week.  It essentially wiped out half of the junior class at her high school.

Good news though is my "Tactical Kephart" (for want of a better name right now) arrived and there was great rejoicing.  This was made by a friend of mine working as Fallbrook Forge.  While not a full time maker, I am very, very impressed with his work.  This thing is just awesome.

The steel is Vanadis 8 at 64 Rockwell.  He burned through so many belts it became a matter of honor to him to tame the beast.  To say it is sharp is the understatement of the year.  I asked for carbon fiber for the handle.  It is smooth and feels great in the hand.  I know at least two of you are going to give me a porthole lecture.  I can take it so do your worst.  Lol.

The blue, white and yellow behind the grip are the colors of the CT Division of Criminal Justice.  Wish I had a mulligan on that right now.  The kydex sheath is perfectly fit and makes the absolute loudest snap when you place the knife in it.  Sounds like an airgun going off.

I placed my Gulso in here for scale.  While I love it, it is just too small for me and my sausage fingers.  Enjoy!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20220514_125537_resized_jpg-2383521.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20220514_125655_resized_jpg-2383523.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20220514_125624_resized_jpg-2383524.JPG

View Quote

Great work!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Good afternoon gents.  Hope everyone is well.  I'm playing Dodge the COVID as it rampages through my office and my wife's.  In addition, my daughter has COVID as a result of attending the junior prom last week.  It essentially wiped out half of the junior class at her high school.

Good news though is my "Tactical Kephart" (for want of a better name right now) arrived and there was great rejoicing.  This was made by a friend of mine working as Fallbrook Forge.  While not a full time maker, I am very, very impressed with his work.  This thing is just awesome.

The steel is Vanadis 8 at 64 Rockwell.  He burned through so many belts it became a matter of honor to him to tame the beast.  To say it is sharp is the understatement of the year.  I asked for carbon fiber for the handle.  It is smooth and feels great in the hand.  I know at least two of you are going to give me a porthole lecture.  I can take it so do your worst.  Lol.

The blue, white and yellow behind the grip are the colors of the CT Division of Criminal Justice.  Wish I had a mulligan on that right now.  The kydex sheath is perfectly fit and makes the absolute loudest snap when you place the knife in it.  Sounds like an airgun going off.

I placed my Gulso in here for scale.  While I love it, it is just too small for me and my sausage fingers.  Enjoy!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20220514_125537_resized_jpg-2383521.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20220514_125655_resized_jpg-2383523.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20220514_125624_resized_jpg-2383524.JPG

View Quote

Knife looks great! Good luck on staying well!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Smash burgers are delicious - our preferred method for indoors since getting the griddle.
View Quote

wife has been avoiding ground beef for a long time, unless it is a pre made patty from Sendiks. May need to get some soon now that the grill is back out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#8]

@3xpert

Please @ me back.
View Quote

yeah, all his posts have me curious too, just how good are they.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Very nice.

Vanadis...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

None of the pictures come out like I wanted but... posting this one anyway.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3xpert] [#13]
Originally Posted By WIC:

View Quote

Thought they are not your style of knife?
To each his own.

Edit: IM a shipping address and I'll send it out so you can fondle it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]
My best letter opener.
Italian sausage from Sendiks, mushrooms, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Tastes like Italian sausage, mushrooms and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Wife was packing my lunch up before I left for work so I stuck a knife on it and it works.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By maleante:

Snakes? Please say snakes.
View Quote

Pretty damned close
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Shrinkflation!
When I installed this holder 20 odd years ago a roll would barely fit!
I title this shot "Bored on the bowl".
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/carry5-14-22_JPG-2383189.JPG
View Quote

That's a new roll?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#19]

OMG, these were amazing. perfectly cooked, the flavors, would do again

this woman has a real knack for bringing things together just right

they also own the taco shack we go to and she lets me get keto lamb birria, which is not on the menu
View Quote

Off menu.... Very nice. Although goat is more common.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Smash burgers are delicious - our preferred method for indoors since getting the griddle.
View Quote

Oklahoma onion burgers are the best smash burgers.

If not those Freddy's are pretty tasty
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

@3xpert

Please @ me back.

My nicest knife is either my ZT350 or my Emerson Commander. Take your pick. So, a Toor would be a step up.

I’d love to get my hands on the Emerson KAI auto commander, but they were a limited run.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
111 keeping me company while I precook the bacon for burgers.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

It looks really well done. I love what he did with the plunge, finger guard, and scales.

The scales have that mystery vibe in the shred and look well finished.

I'm glad he was able to tame it. Solid steel. I appreciate the grit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I like it, good take on the style.

I don't think hollow pins count as portholes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View All Quotes

We just had a Freddy's open nearby less than a month ago. Burgers are good, but the cheese fries are what I go for. I haven't had any since I left KS in '13. I went the week after they opened and the lines were insane. They did a shit job of designing their drive-thru as it blocks access to half of their parking lot if there are more than about 6 cars in line.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160658/20220514_170810_jpg-2383840.JPG

View Quote

You didn't even get the whole knife in the pic! Send it back.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#27]

To each his own.

View Quote

You have my address. Did you lose it? On purpose?

ugh...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#29]
https://i.imgur.com/w1jtTbc.jpeg

Wife was packing my lunch up before I left for work so I stuck a knife on it and it works.
View Quote

fucking couscous...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#30]

My nicest knife is either my ZT350 or my Emerson Commander. Take your pick. So, a Toor would be a step up.

I’d love to get my hands on the Emerson KAI auto commander, but they were a limited run.
View Quote

I have heard talk of those in the emerson circles, maybe seen a few pics, but yes, very hard to find.

I do like some of the toor designs. have come close to ordering one or two to check them out. Step up is relative though. Certainly like their "about" page. The fact that 3xpert likes them makes them somewhat questionable I guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sledhead907:
111 keeping me company while I precook the bacon for burgers.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72631/474A30E5-BCC8-4A11-88CB-C71F70AE0F89-2383874.jpg
View Quote

I just sold one of those

Speaking of which, I was chatting w/ Srtrfire and he says hi to everyone and fuck benchmade.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

We just had a Freddy's open nearby less than a month ago. Burgers are good, but the cheese fries are what I go for. I haven't had any since I left KS in '13. I went the week after they opened and the lines were insane. They did a shit job of designing their drive-thru as it blocks access to half of their parking lot if there are more than about 6 cars in line.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#33]

I have heard talk of those in the emerson circles, maybe seen a few pics, but yes, very hard to find.

I do like some of the toor designs. have come close to ordering one or two to check them out. Step up is relative though. Certainly like their "about" page. The fact that 3xpert likes them makes them somewhat questionable I guess.
View Quote

Now you know why I deleted you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I just noticed what page we are on

I need a drink
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#35]

To each his own.

View All Quotes

To each his own.

I’d like to take you up on that offer…
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

My Commander has tasted my blood. It tried to take off part of my finger when it stealth opened in my pocket.

I love the blade design though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I already emailed him

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Still the best purple I have ever seen
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

You are a Team member with 100%+ post's Your Trustworthy.
Between you and WIC as to who get's it first.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#42]
he has seniority, I would defer to that and take second pass
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

That's very respectful,
@lilMAC25
IM or email a ship to address.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#44]

View All Quotes

I have more + feedback.

Edit: PM sent.

That’s kind!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#46]
That’s a good one nutboy.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#47]

I have more + feedback.

Edit: PM sent.

That’s kind!
View Quote

It’s really all about Laina.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#49]

It looks good at least.

Give em hell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Subject material more than makes up for it
Page / 3084
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top