Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3088
Posted: 3/27/2016 2:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream]
Yes, I know there is a sub for knives but I see cool shit posted here in GD by people who aren't in the sub then forget what the title of the thread was and then get bored trying to search through every random knife related thread in GD.

This is what I usually carry for long bike rides:

A waved Spyderco Delica and a Kwaiken by Dynamik Blades aka Smithy
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

You should make Hainanese Chicken Rice.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:

Agreed, but it’s more than that. These are smaller, and much better quality. They actually taste like chicken.

You should make Hainanese Chicken Rice.

First time hearing of this. Looks delicious, I’ll try it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure this is a good thing

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
https://i.imgur.com/cmchqjN.jpg
View Quote

We've been doing legos too

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]

The difference will be very slight. If you feel like a batony  stabby kinda guy go with the sabre. Sabre is also easier to mount in some sharpening set ups

If you want to make very fine cuts on things or cut sushi go with the FFG.
View Quote

I didn't think of this but that's a good point.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wrapped up this Nitro-v fillet.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By konger:

Like the big toe is slightly longer than the second and so on. You're probably right about the dead show. I clip my nails and shower twice daily, so I had a leg up on 87% of the show attendees. I wasn't a fan of the dead, but I was dating this gloriously banging 24 year old blonde spinner. I even bought Birkenstocks to go to a few shows with her. Got tired of her being hammered 24/7 and moved on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

I'm not. My toes are all in perfect symmetry. I didn't make up the part about the compliments either. I've heard it a few times and one broad came up to me while I was standing in a beer line at a Dead show to compliment my feet. That was 20 years ago, but my feet are still spectacular!

A..Having toes that are perfectly symmetrical is odd. Do you mean your toes are all the same size and shape? So you either have 5 big toes, or 5 pinky toes on each foot. Definitely moving towards the weird side of things.
B...Dead shows are full of hippies. Hippies dont do hygiene. Having the nicest feet at a Dead shoe isnt saying much...

Originally Posted By WIC:
he's full of shit.

if he had nice feet, he would post them, or list the magazines of which he is on the cover for his feet

At this point, I think you actually have a foot fetish and want to see random feet from folks on the internet.

Like the big toe is slightly longer than the second and so on. You're probably right about the dead show. I clip my nails and shower twice daily, so I had a leg up on 87% of the show attendees. I wasn't a fan of the dead, but I was dating this gloriously banging 24 year old blonde spinner. I even bought Birkenstocks to go to a few shows with her. Got tired of her being hammered 24/7 and moved on.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks] [#8]
Take it easy, Tiger.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:17:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#9]

View All Quotes

I'm not. My toes are all in perfect symmetry. I didn't make up the part about the compliments either. I've heard it a few times and one broad came up to me while I was standing in a beer line at a Dead show to compliment my feet. That was 20 years ago, but my feet are still spectacular!

A..Having toes that are perfectly symmetrical is odd. Do you mean your toes are all the same size and shape? So you either have 5 big toes, or 5 pinky toes on each foot. Definitely moving towards the weird side of things.
B...Dead shows are full of hippies. Hippies dont do hygiene. Having the nicest feet at a Dead shoe isnt saying much...

he's full of shit.

if he had nice feet, he would post them, or list the magazines of which he is on the cover for his feet

At this point, I think you actually have a foot fetish and want to see random feet from folks on the internet.

Saw them a few times from '81-'90, including e.g. Red Rocks and Alpine Valley. I'll just say I "ran into" a random, clean, and pretty girl every time. Not all of them were "travelers" either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
he's full of shit.

View Quote

We could not....
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Completely? Is anyone ever completely fucked? LOL

Regardless, I'm looking for a woods knife. Basically a much improved ESEE 5. Substantially thinner, lighter, no choil and in a super steel. Available  grip panels and a host of sheaths is a huge bonus along with the forever warranty. I carry a Rat 1 in Aus 8 for EDC, when I can remember. I always have a man bag (range bag) in my truck filled with a few different knives and a multi-tool. Currently the main knife is a S35VN version of ESEE 3. So I do have a little style.
View Quote

That's a good one too
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#12]

OK.

3V it is.

Or A2 if you can find it.  Love some A2.
View Quote

Nope. 3v
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]

I thought you got rid of that one.
View Quote

I took a few pics of the other side.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#14]
https://i.imgur.com/lrlISqF.jpg
View Quote

Yum
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#15]
https://i.imgur.com/cmchqjN.jpg
View Quote

I thought you said skip the mini
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Nope. 3v
View Quote

You got something against Gail?

A2 is great. Natural CPM qualities without the expensive process and easy to sharpen.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#17]

I thought you said skip the mini
View Quote

That is an Avo, not a Mini Tolk. It's in between the two Tolks for size. Just a shade under 3.5" blade.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Also, picked up a knife that had my son's birth day and month, but wrong year. Stumbled into a small Sebenza 21 plain Jane a while ago that had my daughter's birthday exactly.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#19]

https://i.imgur.com/5cjwwiI.jpg
View Quote

But muh Wizzconsin
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

WISCONSIN!

That's a good looking fillet knife. I've struggled with a couple fillet knives and haven't managed to make one that didn't warp yet. Lol(I used .062" aeb-l)

Have you noticed a significant difference in toughness or edge retention between nitro-v and aeb-l?

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Also, picked up a knife that had my son's birth day and month, but wrong year. Stumbled into a small Sebenza 21 plain Jane a while ago that had my daughter's birthday exactly.

https://i.imgur.com/GhRzm68.jpg
View Quote
He's going to stop calling you Rob Lowe for that.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#23]

I thought about that last night but decided to just leave it be.

However, I have to take the opportunity to call you a wuss for only doing one knife.

On an entirely unrelated note: WIC, I picked out a few GEC's to send your way for you to see what they're all about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#24]
If any of the ones you selected was between your toes, at any point of time, thanks, but no thanks.

ETA: I mean, you are still the only person in your area I would refer people to, not only because you are the only attorney I know in that area, but also, who wouldn't want an attorney that comes fully armed with a knife between every toe?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#25]
On an entirely unrelated note: WIC, I picked out a few GEC's to send your way for you to see what they're all about.
View Quote

Did you at least clean the toe jam off them first before you packed them up for him???
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
He's going to stop calling you Rob Lowe for that.

View Quote

I stopped calling him Rob Lowe when he posted a pic of himself with more than 27 pixels.

Or maybe it was something foot related.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

But muh Wizzconsin
View All Quotes

But muh Wizzconsin

Originally Posted By DFARM:

WISCONSIN!

That's a good looking fillet knife. I've struggled with a couple fillet knives and haven't managed to make one that didn't warp yet. Lol(I used .062" aeb-l)

Have you noticed a significant difference in toughness or edge retention between nitro-v and aeb-l?

There is only one distillery of any size doing vodka that I am aware of (Great Lakes/Rehorst) and I have never been a fan of their vodka.

Actually, there might be one big one...Minhas Brewery has been branching out into other beverages like the seltzer waters etc. Maybe this is something they are doing now. They do a lot of making on request.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#28]

WISCONSIN!

View All Quotes

WISCONSIN!

Absolutely. Nitro is one of my favorite all around steels. I initially tested it for use in my saltwater line of knives (fillet/diving), but it’s good at everything.

Grind thin stuff post heat treat. They will warp until both sides even out. The first time I did a fillet I called Ed Braun (metallurgist for NJSB) in a panic. I grind one side at a time, and the sumbitch had a bad case of Peyronie’s. He laughed, and told me to just grind the other side. Sure as shit, straight as an arrow. I grind my 6” Kiritsukes so thin you can flex the edge with your fingernail. Zero chipping or cracking. Have to nail the heat treat/cryo though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#30]
If any of the ones you selected was between your toes, at any point of time, thanks, but no thanks.

ETA: I mean, you are still the only person in your area I would refer people to, not only because you are the only attorney I know in that area, but also, who wouldn't want an attorney that comes fully armed with a knife between every toe?
View Quote

I take the Rosa Klebb approach to negotiations.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#31]
apropos
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]
knives
View Quote

This your stuff?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#34]

This your stuff?
View Quote

1. Am I known to collect these types of things?
2. I think that is contrary to the COC to post your own here. I would never break rules.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#35]

2. I think that is contrary to the COC to post your own here. I would never break rules.
View All Quotes

This your stuff?

Not enough carbon fiber to be your stuff
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

This your stuff?

Can't say I've seen you post many fixed blades, at least nothing that seems to match up to what's on the list. Wasn't for sure if you were posting it for someone else.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#37]
You're right, my Gulsos, Farmers and Carothers are way better than the stuff posted there.

It is a collection from a master leather worker who is retiring, stuff she collected over the years.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By M41A:

View Quote

If I was Jeremy Clarkson, I would treat you like Oisin Tymon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Is that the guy from fifth gear?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

No, Top Gear

And he punched his producer like the little bitch he was for not giving Clarkson a hot meal after a long cold day on the job and Clarkson lost his job leading the most financially successful TV series the BBC has ever seen because he did what needed to be done dropping that mofo.

Boy, writing it out like that makes my earlier comment seem a bit extreme now.

I probably wouldn't treat you like that. Might hit you with a soft pillow for your sass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#42]

No, Top Gear

And he punched his producer like the little bitch he was for not giving Clarkson a hot meal after a long cold day on the job and Clarkson lost his job leading the most financially successful TV series the BBC has ever seen because he did what needed to be done dropping that mofo.

I probably wouldn't treat you like that. Might hit you with a soft pillow for your sass.
View All Quotes

No, Top Gear

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#43]
This isn't me either SecretSquirell
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

It is interesting...
Gene Simmons is very good with regard to how he handles his kids, ("They have one job. Be polite, get good grades. Period."), but IIRC, he's never consumed alcohol ever. He's kind of weird as far as Rock Stars go...he doesnt drink or do drugs.

Which begs the question, how does he know if his vodka is any good?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#45]
If he ended up with Rehorst making it, that would explain why.

Now you have me wondering if Angus has his own licker.

ETA: well, there it is

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#46]
knives
View Quote

I like, 9, 22, 35, 42, 47, 66, 67, 102, 139, 141, and 149.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Right? If only we all lived with such conviction.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

9 jumped out for me too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#49]
If he ended up with Rehorst making it, that would explain why.

Now you have me wondering if Angus has his own licker.
View Quote

Angus strikes you as the kinda guy who drinks vodka?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#50]

9 jumped out for me too.
View All Quotes

9 jumped out for me too.

It's the Demarcus blade, isnt it?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3088
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top