Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2003 3:00:22 PM EDT
i've only been her a little while, but enjoy the hell out of this site and the people on it.  i havent had the opportunity to meet any of you in person, probably wont because of my location.  so, just thought it'd be interesting to get to know some of you a little better in the online medium for now.

my names jarrett
i'm 23
married almost 3 years
got a little one, he's 13 months
racing, outdoors, shooting, socializing take up most of my time
college graduate degree in agricultural business with a minor in business
work for my dad as a 3rd generation propane retailer
live in sinton (nowhere near anywhere) tx

how about yourself?  feel free to add abvious factoid categories i might have forgotten.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
TexRdnec,

So what you are saying is, you are a real live Hank Hill.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
1shott, when that show came out...........................i would have sworn he'd been spying on us.

where are my royalties?

except theres no luann and we dont drive fords
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Is there still an acetylene plant on Oxygen Ave!!!

I would be curious as to if it is still there.  Kind of a funny story how the street was named.

[url=www.TomEaker.com]Eaker[/url]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My name's Ethan Allen. I drink, hunt, shoot, and hump mountains! Go Green Mountain Boys! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
TexRdnec,

Welcome to the neighborhood.

You aren't that far from nowhere, I live on the other side of the Nueces from you. It's tough having little ones and finding time to fit all the hobbies in too. I've got a two year old and an eight month old. This site sometime has to take the place of the range, and it does a good job too!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi Jarrett!

My name is Tiffany
age 24
Live and attend school in So. Cal.
No boyfriend, no kids, have a great cat though!
Shooting, playing pool, dirty dancing, meeting people, am VERY social, for fun
Studying Molecular Biology and Russian
Work for a gene manipulation laboratory

Welcome to the site, I find endless amounts of enjoyment and  humor here.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
DFW are is about a 6 hour drive for me, have only made it when going to watch the race at TMS.

eaker, i have no idea where oxygen street is but then again i dont know of an acetlylene plant either

ringo, how close?  maybe we could shoot someday
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hi Jarrett!

My name is Tiffany
age 24

Welcome to the site, I find endless amounts of enjoyment and  humor here.  Have fun!
View Quote

Now you've done it. I hear the hounds already. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Jarrett!

My name is Tiffany
age 24

View Quote

View Quote

[naughty]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Tiffany, I hope you realize what you've gotten yourself into with all these guys.

They are going to demand a pic right away. Fair warning.

[:D]

EDITED TO ADD:

According to a former member of this site, I am a self-aggrandizing clown. I am a troublemaker only eclipsed by another (de)famed, former member of this site.

I am 32 y.o., married to a hottie for almost 7 years, no kids. Career as a Software/Information Services Consultant keeps me busy 60 hours a week. Love to raise hell with politicians, shoot, travel, cook, drink, play and listen to almost every genere of music, hang w/friends, meeting new friends, read, woodworking, writing, long list... Currently spending a king's fortune on rehabbing an old church building into the killer loft home.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Jarrett!

My name is Tiffany
age 24

View Quote

View Quote

I started howling as soon as I read the second line. "my name is Tiffany".
Yeah, I'm married and not looking, but htere is something about the name "Tiffany", that takes me back to my teenage years.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Sinton looks pretty close to Corpus Christi.  Austin is only about 2.5 hrs away.  Come on up, and I'll pay your range fee and feed ya to boot.  If you have a place to shoot at in the Sinton area, I might just come down and join you for some trigger time if you were to invite me.  I've traveled from Austin to DFW and Houston for just a few hours of range time and to meet the fine folks at AR15.com

Dave
married 15 years
11 yr old son
USMC '84-'99
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Ralph
20 (21 in June)
Penn State History Major
Guns, military history, coffee, scotch
Eternally bitter about getting rejected from the Naval Academy and military over my eyesight.
No girlfriend.

AR-180B, HK USP .45F, Browning Lite 12, Winchester Model 70 (.30-06). Debating between a MP5 semi and a MP5K semi.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad your here Jarrett, My name is Tim, & if you look at my user info, you can see a lot more about me. I really don't understand why more folks don't put any real info about themselves in the bio area.[peep]Probably looking over their shoulders for John Walsh.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#19]
yep DP, austin would be about a 2-2.5 hour drive from here, i'd be up for either given scenario, just have to plan in advance since i'm often on babysitting duty on a moments notice.  

no real ranges down here, i just shoot on my own 10 acres or set up and shoot in the fields or pasture behind the house.  nice indoor pistol range in corpus though.

and though i've heard it mentioned before, somebody fill me in on the short and skinny of the hun farm?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#20]
My Name is Curt
age 34
live in Philadelphia
single, no kids
and I dig girls named Tiffany[wave]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Tex-

and I thought I was the only one out here.  I am outside of Kenedy, about an hour from you.  I don't post much, but I read nearly every day.  I am a biologist working for a private ranch.  Single, g/f in San Antonio.  Where did you get your ag degree?

Hugo
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#22]
No boyfriend, no kids, [b]have a great cat though![/b]
View Quote

[ROFL2][LOLabove]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#23]
TexRdnec and Hugo,
I am located in Beeville, work for the local PD, We are about 30 minutes aray from each other. If you need anything IM me and we can talk.

Karl
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Michael
Married 5 years
4 Kids
Degree in Electrical Engineering
machineguns, shooting, hunting, pool
Sherman, TX
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Scott
Chesterland, Ohio
I install carpet
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I didn't know you were a EE Geek too.  Cool.  I just sold my O-Scope last year although.  It mainly collected dust.  Oh yeah, about me -

[editied to add]  I am a DEALER member but NOBODY has changed my account profile yet.

married 6 years
3 childens (2 girls, 1 boy)
01 FFL / CIII SOT
I like machine guns, sniper rifles, coyote hunting, etc.
Favorite gun (right now): Eqyptian Hakim 8mm
Favorite gun (yesterday): Full Auto Glock 34
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Just up the hiway from you in Goliad.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#28]
lebrew, breacher, hugo, you've all got IM's

ringo, eaker, where are yall at exactly?  get back to us, we middle-of-nowhere'ers may be able to meet up and shoot after all.

maybe meet in corpus to shoot at the sharpshooter?  another range yall might know about?  just drink a beer?  whatever.

yall let me know back something and we'll plan it all out

machineguns?  how close am i to sherman, tx?!?!?!

everybody else............come on, it wont hurt to give a little background, what you do for a living, etc......
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Hi Tiffany,
My name is Jack
age 29
Living in Pittsburgh PA
No girlfriend {wink wink}, no kids, and i too have a cat
Shooting, playing pool, having a girlfriend who loves dirty dancing, I have a HUGE........gun collection ;-),
Work as a sales and wholesale manager for a car dealership. Have you ever been out here to the east coast. Bring your pussy....cat and visit. Ya i know I'm totally out of line just couldn't resist.

Quoted:
My name is Tiffany
age 24

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Name's Thane - been here for quite awhile but don't post very much.  
Married with 3 little ones 7,4 and 1.
Live in South Contral PA.
Graduate degree in History, currently pursuing MBA.
IT Manager by day.
Hobbies - shooting, reading, recording music in the studio downstairs, playing with the little ones and trying to get into motorcycling, but the wife is trying to organize an intervention to prevent this.

I am currently featured in ARFCOM Magazine as the resident DU troll/leftwing hippie freak.[peep]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey TexRdnec...we've spoke before.  I'm orig. from Ingleside, TX and will be home for a visit in just over a week.  We need to get the fellas in the area together for a little shoot or something!!  Goliad and Beeville arent too far away! ...OH..

The name's Barrett, I'm 26, I guess you could call me engaged, I have no kids, and enjoy anything outdoorsy..especially shooting, hunting, riding atvs, listening to TX country, and drinkin BEER!!  

*edited to add personal info*
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm Steve.
I'm a lawyer in Oklahoma City, but I get down to the DFW area frequently to visit my brother or take depositions.  I'd love to shoot with some of you down there, or just have a really dark, chewy beer.

I've been married for 19 years, and have two boys -- 8 and 6 years old.  My oldest son and I love shooting guns and bows, my youngest is getting warmed up on an air rifle.  If the admins. ever get around to it, I'm also a team ar15.com member.  I mostly shoot handguns, but have a Bushy M4 that I'm getting really fond of.

I race bicycles and do some rock climbing, but mostly just hang out with the wife and kids.  While Tiffany's post got my attention, at 39 and after 19 years of marriage, I think I'm now kind of a one trick pony.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Matt, 35
Albuquerque, NM
Married 4 years to a real life Hottie.
One son, 20 years old and a junior in College, he is going to be a Paramedic then PA, then Dr.

Mortgage Broker
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Would you all be so kind as to post a picture, so I can associate a name with a face?

TIA

TRG
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Would you all be so kind as to post a picture, so I can associate a name with a face?

TIA

TRG
View Quote

LMAO please we all know what happens to those unfortunates when their pictures become available. Ahh what the hell I'm amn enough to post mine. I'll put it in the following post.
R2K
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

TIA

TRG
View Quote
[ROFL]  fuggin clown!  gotta love it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#37]
[img]http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1052850/1972363/24873751.jpg[/img]
Please be gentle guys.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

TRG
View Quote
View Quote

Good idea!

[img]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/right2keepclown.jpg[/img]

TRG

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

TRG
View Quote
View Quote

Good idea!
Now I can officially ask Tiff is she "Wants to clown around!!"

[url]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/right2keepclown.jpg[/url]

TRG

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i've only been her a little while, but enjoy the hell out of this site and the people on it.  i havent had the opportunity to meet any of you in person, probably wont because of my location.  so, just thought it'd be interesting to get to know some of you a little better in the online medium for now.

my names jarrett
i'm 23
married almost 3 years
got a little one, he's 13 months
racing, outdoors, shooting, socializing take up most of my time
college graduate degree in agricultural business with a minor in business
work for my dad as a 3rd generation propane retailer

how about yourself?  feel free to add abvious factoid categories i might have forgotten.
View Quote

^^^  Push the "user info" button on the upper left..[;D]

It would be nice if more members filled it out.,
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

TIA

TRG
View Quote
Sure right now all I got is my baby photo.[:)] [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/141064/rudebaby.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

TRG
View Quote
View Quote

Good idea!

[url]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/right2keepclown.jpg[/url]

TRG

View Quote

ROFLMAO!!

You should see the looks I'm Getting from the guys at the fire dept.  I'm bustin' a gut here!
        [ROFL2]      [LOLabove]     [ROFL]

I thought that nothing would make me glad I wasted so much time reading that 11-12 page thread.  I was wrong!!   TRG you make me laugh.  Thanks

Tim.L

Oh ya...

I am 42 (soon to be 43 on Mothers Day)
Firefighter/Paramedic
Live in Lansing, Michigan
Married for 10 years
3 girls; youngest almost three, middle 4 1/2 and the oldest is 7 1/2 (they don't want to be short changed) I couldn't put a stem on the apple to save my life.
I like to shoot, remuddle the house (no spelling error!) camp, and play with the kids.
Party with friends

Tim

[):)]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#43]
3 girls?  holy shit have you got alot of headaches coming down the road.........

im glad i had a little boy at least to start with, i'm afraid i'd be the "cant date until you're 35 and yes, i will embarass you by cleaning every gun i own whenever any boys come over"
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]
HI everyone, My name is JASON.

{HELLLLOOOO JASON!} lol
I'm 18, no kids, no g/f (want one tho!)
and i live in the houston area.
I am graduating High School next tueday.
I have many extra activities.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
3 girls?  holy shit have you got alot of headaches coming down the road.........

im glad i had a little boy at least to start with, i'm afraid i'd be the "cant date until you're 35 and yes, i will embarass you by cleaning every gun i own whenever any boys come over"
View Quote

You got that right TexRdnec!!  I'm already laying in supplys of headache tabs.  Hard to stockpile because I keep using them!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#46]
I would like to meet fellow members but pain from arthritis and injuries from a  construction accident years ago have taken there toll on me.

I can't walk very far or stand on my legs but for very short periods of time, also my back can't handle long drives so driving many miles is out of the question for me.

I never know how I will feel one minute to the next let alone days or months ahead of time and breaking appointments or plans makes me feel very guilty.

Also I hate to go over and over the reason why I couldn't make it so not to feel like a big excuse making POS I just don't commit myself.  

The whole thing sucks but it's the hand I was dealt and I accept and make the best of it. Like the saying goes, "things could always be worse" and for some poor soul somewhere it is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm Jim
Mid-late 20's.  Married, no kids (unless you count our Hungarian pointer, Rusty)
I'm an organic chemist.
My wife and I both grew up on cattle farms so we have a few acres and a couple of head just to make the place feel like home.
Love to shoot and reload.  I've been spending most my time lately working up a stout 45 colt +P load with 310 grain wnfp cast bullets.
I've lurked around here since early 1999.  Joined the old site in early 2000.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey Jarrett!  This site is addicting – it will become your new social life!

Heather
Real Estate Agent
Single Mother of Grace (6) & Sam (5)
Cleveland

I am zealous about matters involving the arts and politics, refinishing furniture, entertaining friends and family, Sunday nights & HBO, and really found a love for shooting last December.  I am also happily sharing my life with a great guy (thanks to LT!).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#50]
ATTN:  South Texas Shooters

me and breacher are throwing around ideas to get together.  he's in beeville and might have access to the police shooting range.  im 30 minutes north of corpus christi and i have private land and access to an indoor pistol range.  contace either me or breacher if you want to get together and burn through some ammo.  state your preference for beeville or sinton
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top