Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 2:14:39 PM EDT
These guys really are insane. They are like some sort of bizzare cult that worships death...
[url]http://www.command-post.org/nk/archives/006772.html[/url]
JANA WENDT: All right, well you've just given us a picture of a massive number of nuclear weapons that you say North Korea has. Does it intend to use those weapons if the US does not give it what North Korea wants from the US?
KIM MYONG CHOL: If the US attacks North Korea, North Korea will definitely use those nuclear weapons against the US mainland.
JANA WENDT: All right, there is talk of a possible economic embargo by the US of your country, would North Korea considering using those weapons in the event of an economic embargo?
KIM MYONG CHOL: Yes, definitely. North Korea will use those nuclear weapons against the US mainland if America imposes additional economic sanctions on North Korea.
View Quote

You have to read the whole thread.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy claimes they have 100-300 nukes, AND a missile system that can target and REACH the US.

Uh huh. Sure.

Now run a long Mr. Chol, the big boys have to talk about world politics. Here's a cookie, now go watch TV.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
no shit

does anyone know (too lazy for web search, and it's good discussion fodder) what kind of capability they really do have? I've heard that they can hit the USA. I wonder how precise and with how many warheads.

this kind of stuff almost justifies nuking them RFN!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont underestimate these guys.

I say we never back down, but not to down play the threats coming from N. Krorea either.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
no shit

does anyone know (too lazy for web search, and it's good discussion fodder) what kind of capability they really do have? I've heard that they can hit the USA. I wonder how precise and with how many warheads.

this kind of stuff almost justifies nuking them RFN!
View Quote

They are thought to possess a coulple of urainium or plutonium bombs. Both too big to fit in a missile, and not much more powerful than the bombs we used on Japan. The only missiles they have tested, while they made it past Japan, that is still a long way from here and they exhibited no great accuracy.

However their capability to produce might be greater than what they currently possess. They have been reported to have been heavily involved in Pakistans nuclear weapon and missile programs during the years they were supposed to not be doing nuclear research. Now that they have broken the agreement and reactivated their facilities in country, they might be able to build quite a number of smaller bombs in fairly short order.

However they don't need a missile of course. A cargo container hidden amongst the millions they never search each day will do just fine. And, delivering it that way if it isn't intercepted by accident, leaves no backtrail. We would be left wondering, was it Korea? Was it AlQaida? Or Iran?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top