Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 11:13:12 AM EDT
Has anyone found a Gun friendly self storage place in MA? I'm about 20 miles outside of Boston and need a place to store my stuff for about 6 days while moving. I've been unable to find any laws about storing them in a locked, alarmed, staffed self-storage unit.
When I ask what the policy is about storing firearms I get told "No way in Hell!!". I feel like they want to call the police for even asking such a question.

Has anyone done this? In or out of MA?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
How bout your trunk?

All kidding aside, I would feel nervous about storing my guns at a ministorage. Used to be a lot of theft at those places...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Red_Label, i would be weary of storing them.
But, if you have to, just don't tell them. Don't tell anybody, the less people know where your guns are, the better.

Also if you do, i would put them in first, and pile all your other stuff infront of them, so nobody can get to the with out moving 4 tons of your furniture.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
They make you sign a contract saying you won't store anything on the "Banned list" ie drugs,, fireworks, stolen goods, small children, dog food, old tires.

I guess firearms are just as deadly as a small child that has been sleeping in a old tire eating only dog food.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad was moving and put some into a self storage shed and guess what ? Someone stole them.

OK, turns out it was some dirt bag he knew. They are still gone and never to return.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't do the self-storage probably only as a last resort. How about a friend with a safe? A gunstore or shooting range with a safe?
If you had pistols you could rent a safe-deposit box which would the most secure, and store them there, but I wouldn't exactly tell the bank what's in there. Descretion is the watch word
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top