Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 11:07:11 AM EDT
Which one? What is better; disks or foils?

Norelco Dual-Action
Norelco Reflex Action
Norelco Quadra Action
Braun Flex with foils
Remington Microscreen
Razor, you fool

How do I add a poll?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to use a Braun flex.
I went back to a regular razor.
Even though I would get a close shave, It always looked like I needed to shave.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Remington Microscreen here. Don't like the rotary ones. Never tried a foil shaver.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried a cordless, for about six months, then one day I went back  to the razor, stayed with it. Those new  mach 3 are nice and stay sharp long.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the new Norelco Quadra-Action 7825XL and I love it. It cuts as close as a blade (closer if you use some of that pre-shave liquid), and is much more convienent. Best of all, you just rinse it out to clean it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a cordless then touch up with a regular razor in the shower. Never had a cordless that cut as close as a razor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Razor, you fool
Mach III
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Tired a nice Norelco for a month...went back to Gillette
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Regular razor right after shower, cordless in the afternoon if necessary or for weekends.

Electric just isn't as good as a blade (or blades).
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got the best Norelco you can buy, can't remember which model it is...

I use it in the shower along with shaving cream. I have very sensitive skin on my face, and find that this works best...

I use Edge Shaving Cream.

That's my method...

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I received a corded Norelco rotary years ago for a Christmas gift. I never used it. I tried it maybe three times and decided it really sucked. I went back to my Mach III and Excel Sensor.

Then just months ago, I came across it in my toiletries mess under the sink looking for something and gave it another shot.
I dont know what happened but I kept using it.

I thought it be cool to have one that I could use in the shower to save time in the morning. So last night while shopping at the Super Target (non-Walmart), I impulse purchased a Norelco Reflex rechargable for $70.

I tried it this morning and you really need some kind of facial lube for it to work in the shower. With just a moist face it did'nt want to "glide around". I dont think it is designed to be gooped up with alttle shaving cream but that seemed to work OK.

Since I put no research into it I was wondering if other cordless shavers were any better.

Anyone know if cordless razors promote in-grown hairs??
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I did get ingrown hairs and lots of acne (or something like it) when using only electric.

To this day I use only HOT water and a Gilette Sensor Exel (however that's spelled) and no shaving cream or soap.

Electric razor for 'trimming' if you have a meeting in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Braun Synchro here!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The Braun gives me the closest shave (for a cordless) but if I skip a day it's useless.

The razor is only for first dates, weddings, and funerals.

The Norelco probably is the best-overall. I just want to know WHO THE F***K DECIDED THE TRIANGLE IS THE PERFECT SHAPE FOR AN ELECTRIC RAZOR. Makes it a PITA to shave your moustache.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Cordless rotary Norelco. I'll never go back to a blade.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a Remington Microscreen.  It seems to work best when I've got about 3 days growth - use the edger on my whole face, then go over it again with the foil.

I borrowed a friend's Norelco once, and it seemd to work a little bit better, but not enough for me to go drop $80 on it.  I could be buying ammo, after all.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#16]
A broken Pabst Blue Ribbon bottle.
AB
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I use a Norelco rotary, but to be honest, it never gets everything off.  My old Braun with the different style head literally ripped the hairs out!  Ouch!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A broken Pabst Blue Ribbon bottle.
AB
View Quote

LOL. I would have put you at sixty years of age and from WI.. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I started shaving at 14. It didn't take me long to get tired of the mess and extra time required for a blade.

I went through a couple hand-me-down electrics that tore my face off then my dad got me a cordless rotary. It sounded like a coffee grinder but it got the job done without removing too much topsoil. I used that until it fell apart and bought a newer model that worked way better.

I shaved with a blade during basic training because that's all they'd let me have. my beard grows so fast that I almost had to shave twice a day.

After basic I bought a Norelco rotary that ran on 4 AA's. I got it at the PX in Augsburg FRG for about $20. I used that in the field and got a cordless for at home.

It's 22 years and six cordless Norelcos later and I still haven't found anything better. I tried blades a few years ago. The only difference I noticed was that it took a little longer for five o'clock shadow to appear. I've tried foils but they don't hold up as well against my beard.

BTW, I still have the little Norelco from the PX. It's in my desk drawer at work for when I miss a spot at home.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#20]
What a bunch of wimps.  Old Navy three-piece here with double edge blades. . .[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Double edged razor, mug and soap here.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Remington Microscreen2

It works.......
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#24]
You have to press and stretch your skin with an electric in order to get a decent shave.

Best I've found are Shick twin-blade disposables. Dirt cheap. "Button" that cleans between the blades, blades close to the top edge of the razor so you can make a nice line if you have a neatly trimmed beard like I do, stay sharp much longer than expensive Gilettes and almost as sharp initially.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Remington rotary R9100.

like someone said.. skip a day and its a PITA. bugger will grab'n'yank hairs.

forget the headsnappers(Foil/microscreen) they generate enough noise to wake the dead.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, FULL Beard for 27 years.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Have used nothing but a Braun for 20 years. Love them. And they keep getting better with each new one they come out with.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#28]
GO BLADE, OR GO HOME! [:D] Or is that go chrome or go home? Anyway, I like blades.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Mach 3 Turbo. Nothing else needs to be said.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Gillette Sensor. Expensive but worth it. Stay sharp longer than you'd think. Go with the grain
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Generally a mix between a cheap Braun cordless and a dry disposable blade...

Never liked shaving cream...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top