Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 10:42:58 AM EDT
A friend of mine called me at work last night VERY UPSET.She is in the Army [reserves] and a lesbian, her and her girl friend were out shopping and ran into one of her fellow servicemen in the check out line.I guess they were holding hands, anyway she now afraid that it's going to get back to her CO.My question is what should she do? I told her to keep her mouth shut and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Bingo.  Don't do anything.  Her sexuality is of no concern to the CO.  

As far as I know, the military is no prosecuting homosexuals.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If I'm not mistaken today's military has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

It is illegal for them to ask her of her sexual preference, and she would be a fool to tell.

Bottom line, don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope so for her sake she's an E-8 and loves her job. It would also be bad for her girlfriend who's Navy reserve as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations.
View Quote

If he pipes up tell her to ask him in public why he was trying on women's underwear and asking her if that red dress made his ass look big?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top