Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 9:00:09 PM EDT
What would it be like and where would it be?
I need to be on the warm water in a semi rural location.
The house needs to be decent sized 3000-4000sqft nice but not too nice (mansions just aint me)and a large LARGE yard.
The house that Ed Norton had in the Red Dragon with a little custom work would probably fit the bill.
Any idea what somthing like that in Florida might cost?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably kinda 2 story modern cabinish. Ideally somewhere with ALL the seasons but south enough that winter isn't 6 months long. Bible belt would be the perfect location but I could never live there.

It would have to be rural enough so that I could have a 1000m range and obstacle course in the back yard but located close enough to civilization that I got decent restraunts, movie theaters, etc.

I'm not sure a place like that exists.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well since we are dreaming.

In my dreams CA is primarily a Republican state and very pro-gun. Much like TX. But it keeps its easy going culture.

View Quote

I am satisfied with the house I have now but wish your dreams would come true.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#4]
At this point I'd settle for a broken down trailer in trailer park as long as it's in a free state.[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
anything that puts me close to civiliazation, I can't see my neighbors home, and be able to shoot out of my porch window.  That would be ideal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#6]
dream home?

-close to the water as in FL or CA (maybe HI)
-gun laws like here where I am now
-weather like San Diego, CA
-nice stocked lake
-3000 sq.ft, big basement den, big shop/garage,    
2-acre yard, indoor pistol range, 200 yd outdoor    
range, big bi-level party deck, pool, and cute    
young women (legal age of course) for neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I want a log cabin, two story, with a four car garage in the mountains of Colorado, or Tennessee.

Must have a fireplace.
Big front and back porch and.......

NO NEIGHBORS FOR AT LEAST A MILE!

So, when do my wife and I move in?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]

I'm not picky. Ours is good enough for now.
I just want it to be paid for. Soon :)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Cottage on the Atlantic in the Florida Keys! Must have a nice shop for me to work in, and a 3 car garage. Other than that, my wife can choose.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Log home, modern log home you know, I don't want bark falling off the logs.

Track lighting.

Modern appliances.

Skylights everywhere.

Windows everywhere.

Great view, next to ocean on a huge property.

Every single room is on a different level, no one room goes into another without at least 1 step up or down. Just a thing.

Full scale runway out back, smaller grass runway for R/C planes next to it.

Acres and acres of gentle rolling hills covered with grass complete with a professional irrigation system to keep it all green.

Outdoor pistol/rifle range with FDCC "active/reactive" type targets included. Skeet and trap too.  

I'm sure I'll be back to edit this one as I think of more.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#14]
not sure, but it would damn sure have a bud light swimming pool
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Location: On 100 acres in the foothills of a western mountain range.  With varied terrain and foliage.  About 15 miles from a small city (10-15K pop) and 60 miles from a major city (100K plus).

House: A bright airy one story 5 bedroom ranch approx 5,000 square feet. Big rooms, 8' ceilings, plenty of space, lots of closets and storage space.  A large 3 car garage.

Additional requirements:
1. A four position 100-200 yard rifle range and a four position 50 yard pistol range near, but not too near, the house.
2. A large barn sized outbuilding workshop with heat and power.  Two thirds dedicated to a well stocked shop facility with woodworking, metal working and welding equipment.  The other third dedicated to vehicle maintenance/restoration with a hydraulic lift, paint booth, etc.
3. A medium sized barn for a few horses.
4. Large tracts of public/BLM land adjoining my land for recreation/hunting with loads of elk, deer, and antelope.
5. A good sized creek/stream running through the property with a small lake stocked with rainbows and browns.

I could go on and on...but that would be too selfish.  That pretty much covers my dream home.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My dream home would be somewhere with hardly and population and it would be self cleaning!

Mona
View Quote

Who cares about self cleaning?  That's what women are for.

My dream home is a 3000 sq foot garage with an out house...in Arizona.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Some refinements on the garage:
3 or 4 cars, 1 bay with pit or lift and plenty of tool space.
Also need one those rooms converted into a gunsafe.
Kitchen needs to have all stainless counters and appliances with sloping drained floor for super easy cleaning.
The rest of the house can be duct-taped cardboard boxes for all I care so long as I have a nice place for the cars, guns and cooking.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Garage with a house attached, set on lovely property in the middle of Pismo beach, in a newly freed state of California. One of the new amendments to the state constitution would say "All must pay homage to BustinCaps, and leave him alone forever." All firearm/vehicle/tool/ammo companies would be required to give me a sample of each product they sell to ensure it is cool enough for my world. Just my humble vision.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Everything else is of minor importance, if I can have my own indoor shooting range as a part of my home.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Falling Water by FLW.  Just too cool...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Gotta be a castle on 500 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Looks something like Hogwarts from the Harry Potter Movies.  Need a 5 acre lake to feed the moat.

Also needs to be free and clear--no mortgage.

/Dreaming on...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well since we are dreaming.

Mercedes CLK55,  
View Quote

A very good dream, indeed!

My wife loves hers, a 2002 model in Black Onyx with the dark blue Designo interior. I get to drive it when I am good which is not often!LOL
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
refinished Titan II missile base! Setup with workshops and armory areas below and a range up top. Never have to get new siding. Wonder what you could do with the missile pit?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#26]
This would do...

[img]http://www.marerico.com/ludwigIIpictures/Neuschwanstein.jpg[/img]

Take the tour:

[url]http://www.marerico.com/neuschwanstein_castle.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top