Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 8:57:32 PM EDT
You know who I'm talking about,  the guy that, no sooner does he buy one gun, than he sells it to buy another.

We have a young guy like that.  He'll dump a brand new gun he's had less than a month for another one that catches his eye.

Scored a pristine S@W 6906, with 2 concealment holsters and a duty holster for 250$.  Seems he needs the cash for a .308 bolt gun he saw at some shop.

This is the 4th time I've bought from him,  and I'd like to note,  I don't set the price, he does.  There is no haggling.

Should I follow my conscience and stop enabling this guy,  or should I try for the .308 in about two months?[:P]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You bought a S&W? yeck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
All we really need to know is what kind of .308

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If not you then some other lucky bastage.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
God love capitalism!!!  If the momo wants to give away his goodies for less than their worth, then fine. Please refer him to the EE!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
For 250$ Kay, the Bianchi holsters are almost worth that alone, and are still in plastic.   Trading material,  can never have enough. [:D]

Also might give it to my niece for when she leaves for college soon.  It'd make a dandy house gun.

The .308 is that tactical dealie Remington put together.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
OMG!!!  My best friends brother is just like that!  It drives us crazy!  He'll buy a gun and never shoot it, then turn around six months later and sell it with accessories for way less than the gun cost out of the box.

He's had pre-ban ARs, dozens of various pistols, and rifles.  Most of what he used to have was good stuff, but now he's on disability, which is bogus IMO, so his income is rather fixed.  He now buys cheaper guns and rifles, but still sells them, often for crappier purchases.  What is wrong with these people?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
John, what's that guy's number?  I might want to see what he has to offer.
View Quote

That's the maddening thing about the whole deal.  He does not KEEP any. Right now all he has is his duty Glock and a backup baby Glock.

This from a guy I know for a fact has bought at least 9 guns this year. Every gunshop in town knows him on a first name basis.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I need a name and a number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top