"Whats so special about a waffle mag?"

[i]There is a Magazine forum for that...[/i]

"Colt 9mm upper on eBay"
[i]Ar15 discussion[/i]

"My ARMS mount is crap!"
[i]Wouldn't you know it, there is an OPTICS, MOUNTS and SIGHTS" forum?[/i]

"What brand of AR15 is the BEST?"
[i]Read the AR15 brand comparison chart!!![/i]

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, IT WAS A FRIGGING FN FNC IN HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I think people post here more because you get more responses quicker.  I read GD alot more often then I read other topics.  I used to just go to active topics.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
My favorite are the:

"If you could only bring 3 guns into combat, what would they be?"

Get a grip, child....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Mmmmmmmmmmm, waffles......
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, IT WAS A FRIGGING FN FNC IN HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

You sure about that?
[}:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Alright, I am sick and frigging TIRED of seeing:

"Hey, what type of USGI mag is this" in the GD forum

AND

"Colt 9mm upper on eBay"
[i]Ar15 discussion[/i]

"My ARMS mount is crap!"

View Quote

If you dont like it your free to hit the road!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Alright, I am sick and frigging TIRED of seeing:

"Hey, what type of USGI mag is this" in the GD forum

AND

"Colt 9mm upper on eBay"
[i]Ar15 discussion[/i]

"My ARMS mount is crap!"

View Quote

I see we really do need a "RANT" forum.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Everything in its place and a place for every thing.

I am sick of seeing cooking threads in the GD why dont we have a COOKING FORUM.

How do you cook this

What temp is good for this and that

OH and when is the last time you guys checked out the Tactical Gear forum cause its screaming for som love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![;d]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Mugzilla[/b], put the mug down and back away from the table. You know they make a perfectly acceptable tasting De-caf...right?!?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#10]
You see these questions in GD because they get instant answers. If you post those questions anywhere else on the board, it could take at least 10 minutes to get an answer. GD is the most popular area on this site. The other areas will never get the traffic to get answers that fast. I posted an ATV question at ATVnations the other day, it took 2 days to get a read or even a response. If I would have posted it here, I would have had my problem fixed within a few hours...Guaranteed. I think there are too many forums on the site, but I aint complaining.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#11]
If your tired of seeing a particular question, don't read it.[:D] How was your weekend?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree Mugzille.

However, you must understand that there are just some people in this world that are to damn lazy (or stupid) to take the time and open a second browsing window.

It's not their fault...well, okay...it is their fault.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If your tired of seeing a particular question, don't read it.[:D] {/quote]

Nah, it's not that I'm tired of seeing the same posts, I'm tired of following the frigging rules and posting legitimate questions in the correct forums. Case-in-point: I have a new varminter. I want to work up a good groundhog load to cook up on my Dillon 550. I post a post in the RELOADING section. TEN frigging people have looked at it.

Meanwhile, there are 5200 views of a post regarding "Saddam Husseins favorite Crock Pot recipie"

How was your weekend?
View Quote

The GF embarrased me at the range this weekend. She has shot my 9mm carbines, 9mm handguns, and my 1911. She handles the 1911 like a pro. A long time friend of mine is at the range with us, and she gets a bad case of the, "No, I am fine just sitting here,... I'm not mad,.... I know we came to the range to shoot, but I am self-conscious..."

...And she won't take my word that the 1911 is more of an a$$kicker than the AR!!!

So, I get done shooting, and my friend leaves. She wasn't MAD, she just didn't want to shoot in front of anyone. She is still terrified of the AR though....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Alright, I'll calm down.

Mountain Dew consumption will be limited to 4 cans/day.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright, I'll calm down.

Mountain Dew consumption will be limited to 4 cans/day.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... I think there are too many forums on the site ...
View Quote

Gasp!!!  [:O]

The unspeakable truth!!

Expect to be burnt at the stake!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The GF embarrased me at the range this weekend. She has shot my 9mm carbines, 9mm handguns, and my 1911. She handles the 1911 like a pro. A long time friend of mine is at the range with us, and she gets a bad case of the, "No, I am fine just sitting here,... I'm not mad,.... I know we came to the range to shoot, but I am self-conscious..."

...And she won't take my word that the 1911 is more of an a$$kicker than the AR!!!

So, I get done shooting, and my friend leaves. She wasn't MAD, she just didn't want to shoot in front of anyone. She is still terrified of the AR though....
View Quote

Wow! There must be some way to show her that the AR isn't bad. My brother said he used to demonstrate it when he was in the Army by holding it in front of his testicles as he shot it (the M16). Maybe you could try something like that?

Another option would be to have her hold it with you while you shot and then slowly work her into doing it herself. Follow the usual safety rules, of course.

The AR that I built for my fiance is her favorite gun so far, AFAIK, although she really likes the 357 Sig that we rented, too. (It was made by Sig, I don't remember the number)

BTW, while there are also other topics to post under, it would probably be more to your liking if they posted under the other [i]forums[/i]. [;D] Hehe, just messin' with ya.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top