Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 9:43:13 PM EDT
In case ya'll may have missed it, Alabama fired their current football coach yesterday. Seems like he liked his likker & strippers a bit too much. He also woke up with a woman in his room whom he didn't know & she had charged $1000 to his room service bill. Seems she ordered literally one of EVERYTHING from the room service menu. Gotta love that shit!

Funny part is, he never signed a contract yet so he won't get ANY settlement money.

Bama now looks for its 4th coach in 30 months.

The irony is Bama ran off Steve Sloan (former Bama QB under Bear) & Bill Curry, both squeeky clean & gentlemen to the max. Must be a lot of Auburn fans laughing their asses off now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering the problems that seem to plague Bama, I think someone at Auburn is well versed in the art of VooDoo.  There is no way that one program can have that much bad luck.  

I too think Bill Curry would be an excellent choice.  Lets not rule out Tommy Tuberville.  He seems to me slowliy making his rounds through the various SEC teams.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Sir, there ARE a lot of Auburn fans laughing right now... Of course this conscientious AU Alum I would never find the ironic, repetitive, now ludicrous and pathetic situation in Tuscaloser amusing. No Sir, not me... ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Sir, Rama Lama... HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew, sorry…

I do wonder what a $10,000,000 piece of ass feels like.

That being said I do feel sorry for the young men affected and for the Coach who are both victims of the Bullshit U of A "Persona" or alleged reputation or "standards" those T-Town freaks like to portray but never live up to themselves. Watching the way the players went to bat for him tells me that while he may like to party he took care of his team.

I look forward to the boards resident Tiders input on the situation!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the problem at UA is Mal Moore not the coaches.

mike
View Quote

Last I heard, it wasn't Moore who forced the stripper onto the coach's lap nor took her to his room.

Now it looks like David Shula may be the next coach?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT for the Tide crew.

I would hate them to miss out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Nov. 23, 2002 at Alabama Tuscaloosa
(CBS) 2:30 p.m. W,
AU-17 UA-7
I forget who coached this one for Bama?? HA HA HA!
Wareagle!!

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Forrest Gump is in the running for coach.  Played for bear, and is claen to boot
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last I heard, it wasn't Moore who forced the stripper onto the coach's lap nor took her to his room.
View Quote

Nor was it anybody at the University, either. And had the Pensacola incident been the extent of it, Price would still be the Coach. This incident was the last straw of many, and the firing came AFTER two warnings by the Administration to tone his public behavior down.
Now it looks like David Shula may be the next coach?
View Quote

Actually, Mike Shula. David's brother and former player at Alabama. He is one of about four candidates.

Quoted:
Yes Sir, there ARE a lot of Auburn fans laughing right now... Of course this conscientious AU Alum I would never find the ironic, repetitive, now ludicrous and pathetic situation in Tuscaloser amusing. No Sir, not me... ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Sir, Rama Lama... HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew, sorry…

I do wonder what a $10,000,000 piece of ass feels like.

That being said I do feel sorry for the young men affected and for the Coach who are both victims of the Bullshit U of A "Persona" or alleged reputation or "standards" those T-Town freaks like to portray but never live up to themselves. Watching the way the players went to bat for him tells me that while he may like to party he took care of his team.

I look forward to the boards resident Tiders input on the situation!
View Quote

Quoted:
BTT for the Tide crew.

I would hate them to miss out.
View Quote

Ah yes. auburn fans.

There are damn few absolute constants in the Universe, but auburn fans acting with juvenile pettiness in the face of anything bad happening to Alabama, (or hell, anything good happening to auburn for that matter) is one of them.

Yes, AR15.com'ers, you are witness to the longest running and most deeply ingrained case of Penis Envy in the history of Mankind...It's auburn's Crimson Colored Complex, and in advanced cases leads to terminal ignorance and the urge to act like an assclown. There is no known cure. The only way to prevent infection is to ignore the vacuous little pissants...Which I will now return to doing.

RF

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
For those that don't know exactly what he took back to his room that night in P'cola, here ya go...[puke]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p9293bbc989e2ea644f2109620ddac870/fc3444a0.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
And here Kids we see the [b]Bama Pussalotawhineapus[/b]. The difference between a newborn puppy and the [b]Bama Pussalotawhineapus[/b] is that after several days the puppy stops whining while [b]Bama Pussalotawhineapus[/b] continues on an on. [b]Bama Pussalotawhineapus[/b] chafes easily and is known for its constant drainage from it's asexual organ (commonly referred to as the “Crimson Tide”).

As if the Blood Stained Tide types did not snicker at our misfortunes in times past. But that is not "juvenile pettiness" apparently but some uppity, self righteous, self important, pretentious, typical Bama Redneck BS. It is common here, Folks and we while never truly becoming comfortable with it, we take it for what it is. Like Mamma always said, "Consider the source, Son, it's just a Bama Fan."

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, Bama. It tolls for thee.

I say again, I hate it for the boys who earned a spot on the team.

11-7 if you forgot.

War Eagle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For those that don't know exactly what he took back to his room that night in P'cola, here ya go...[puke]

[url]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p9293bbc989e2ea644f2109620ddac870/fc3444a0.gif[/url]

View Quote

That, my friends, is [b]NOT[/b] a $10,000,000 piece of ass. I have not seen a $10,000,000 piece of ass but I'm pretty sure that just ain't it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
11-7 if you forgot.

View Quote

FiveO
You do mean 17-7, don't you?[:D]

As a Bama fan, I have, admittedly, ragged on some AU fans and the team, but it was all in a joking manner.  

I am a die hard Bama fan and always will be, but to tell you the truth, Auburn will be a dominant force in the SEC and National Championship race this year.  They will have one of the best, if not the best, backfield this year!!!  Look at it as having 4 Bo Jackson's (if Cadillac can stay healthy this year).  And add to that the threat of Jason Campbell at QB (who can also run well) and they will hurt a lot of teams on the ground this year.

The University of Alabama has a lot of problems and will continue to have problems as long as Mal Moore is AD.  Maybe the new UA president will see this and get rid of him before the Tide falls much more.

Besides, I would rather see Auburn win the SEC and maybe the National Championship (uggghhhh, that was hard to say [:D][:D][:D]), than I had the Gators (I still cannot stand Steve Sprurrier) or the Volunteers!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay you auburn folks, here is how the Iron Bowl stands :

Here are the scores of all 65 Iron Bowl games. Alabama leads the series over Auburn 38-27-1.

Here is the url:
[url=http://www.al.com/ironbowl/info.ssf?history/scores.html]Auburn Sucks[/url]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
11-7 if you forgot.

View Quote

FiveO
You do mean 17-7, don't you?[:D]

As a Bama fan, I have, admittedly, ragged on some AU fans and the team, but it was all in a joking manner.  

I am a die hard Bama fan and always will be, but to tell you the truth, Auburn will be a dominant force in the SEC and National Championship race this year.  They will have one of the best, if not the best, backfield this year!!!  Look at it as having 4 Bo Jackson's (if Cadillac can stay healthy this year).  And add to that the threat of Jason Campbell at QB (who can also run well) and they will hurt a lot of teams on the ground this year.

The University of Alabama has a lot of problems and will continue to have problems as long as Mal Moore is AD.  Maybe the new UA president will see this and get rid of him before the Tide falls much more.

Besides, I would rather see Auburn win the SEC and maybe the National Championship (uggghhhh, that was hard to say [:D][:D][:D]), than I had the Gators (I still cannot stand Steve Sprurrier) or the Volunteers!!!
View Quote

Holly Shite! Color me stupid! The score!!! The score!!! That may be the unforgivable sin. [banghead]

I fully agree with you on all your observations, regarding your school and mine. Ya'll have Moore, we have freaking Bobby Lowder. Moore screws your athletics, Lowder screws our entire university.

ANY team from Alabama having a great season is better than a Gator or Vol having one and that is no shit.

Sorry if I snapped a bit. [50] I just poke back when I get poked is all. But it is all in good fun (for most of us, that is).
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Okay you auburn folks, here is how the Iron Bowl stands :

Here are the scores of all 65 Iron Bowl games. Alabama leads the series over Auburn 38-27-1.

Here is the url:
[url=http://www.al.com/ironbowl/info.ssf?history/scores.html]The Iron Bowl's narrowing gap[/url]
View Quote

That is what is called a healthy rivalry. I bet that gap narrows a bit here in the future...

Yes, the Orange and Blue horizon is bright indeed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#16]
As of now, Auburn will need to win 9 consecutive Iron Bowls to TIE the record, and 10 to lead it.
I don't see that happening.
Since 1959, the most consecutive wins that auburn has is 4.

Go back to [url=http://www.al.com/ironbowl/info.ssf?history/scores.html]Auburn Sucks[/url] and read it and weep.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As of now, Auburn will need to win 9 consecutive Iron Bowls to TIE the record, and 10 to lead it.
I don't see that happening.
Since 1959, the most consecutive wins that auburn has is 4.

Go back to [url=http://www.al.com/ironbowl/info.ssf?history/scores.html]Auburn Sucks[/url] and read it and weep.
View Quote

"Read it and weep"? Nah, that is a good record in a strong series. We are perfectly proud of our standing.

Yes, stand with your back to the future, my friend. The past will sustain you. Bear Bryant, Bear Bryant, Bear Bryant, Bear Bryant...

As for us, we'll look ahead. We like what we see. You?

I'll sign off with this: the whole mess sucks and though I may rib a bit I hate to see a man torn down for a thing such as this and it truly breaks my heart to think of those boys, who worked so hard to get where they are, have their ambitions, efforts and spirits broken by a knee jerk, self righteous decision. Sad situation for Bama, Alabama as a whole and the SEC.

[Five O yawns with boredom and a bit of wonder at some people, scratches his ass and heads for bed...]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well Crap.

Went to Bama, Live in Gainesville, and Work for a company based in Tennessee.

Keeps things interesting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Read it and weep"? Nah, that is a good record in a strong series. We are perfectly proud of our standing.

Yes, stand with your back to the future, my friend. The past will sustain you. Bear Bryant, Bear Bryant, Bear Bryant, Bear Bryant...

As for us, we'll look ahead. We like what we see. You?

[Five O yawns with boredom and a bit of wonder at some people, scratches his ass and heads for bed...]
View Quote

Five O, if you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen.
All I'm doing is pointing out that Auburn needs to win 10 consecutive Iron Bowls to take the lead, which Auburn hasn't done EVER. Their best record is 5, and that was back from 1954-1958.
Alabama's most consecutive wins streak was 9 games, under the coaching of Paul "Bear" Bryant, who is properly revered at Alabama, and by the NCAA.
Name ONE auburn coach who comes close to the achivements of the Bear.
Yes, Alabama still clings to the Bear legacy, but why not?
He is one of the winningest coaches of all times!
And he is 3rd in title wins.
How can you deny that greatness????
The auburn kitties arn't a BAD team, but neither is USM.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And had the Pensacola incident been the extent of it, Price would still be the Coach. This incident was the last straw of many, and the firing came AFTER two warnings by the Administration to tone his public behavior down.
View Quote

Really? What else was/had he been doing? Clearly he didn't just start this BS at Bama. Had there not been some warnings from his previous job at Wash State?

What's your thoughts on Shula getting the job over, say, the Green Bay running back coach?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Five O, if you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen.
All I'm doing is pointing out that Auburn needs to win 10 consecutive Iron Bowls to take the lead, which Auburn hasn't done EVER. Their best record is 5, and that was back from 1954-1958.
Alabama's most consecutive wins streak was 9 games, under the coaching of Paul "Bear" Bryant, who is properly revered at Alabama, and by the NCAA.
Name ONE auburn coach who comes close to the achivements of the Bear.
Yes, Alabama still clings to the Bear legacy, but why not?
He is one of the winningest coaches of all times!
And he is 3rd in title wins.
How can you deny that greatness????
View Quote

Can't take what heat?

Yes your past is bright. Congratulations. I hope it lessens the sting this Fall.

Take care and War Eagle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#22]
If you known anything about the strip club he went to, Arety's Angels, You wouldn't be surprised with the quality of girl he left with. Why in the hell didn't he go to Sammy's or Babes?????
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Really? What else was/had he been doing? Clearly he didn't just start this BS at Bama. Had there not been some warnings from his previous job at Wash State??
View Quote

I cannot speak to Washington State. I am not an Wazzu alum, nor do I have sources of information at WSU, but I would think that, yes, this shit went on for a long time, amd it distresses me that Moore couldn't find that out BEFORE we hired this buffoon.

I do have some rather good sources of information at Alabama.

I will not address specific incidents, but there were many reports of apparent drunk and disorderly, things of that nature, in very public settings, if I am to believe the sources that tell me.I will not post specific information on a public internet board, because I don't know how much is or ain't gonna become public knowledge, and because it was given me in confidence. By people that know.

You can believe me. Or not.

That is of little consequence to me.

What is known, as was stated by President Witt Saturday in the announcement,  is that Price was warned, more than once,  by administration to tone down his public displays of inappropriate behavior, and obviously didn't get the message. Pensacola was the last straw, and a rather big one at that. I'd say he finally got the message Saturday...About ten million times over.

It sucks for my school, but I applaud President Witt for having the balls to do what he thought was right.

What's your thoughts on Shula getting the job over, say, the Green Bay running back coach?
View Quote

Don't think for one second I don't get the, ahem, [i]overtones[/i] in that question.

The Green Bay running backs coach's name is Sylvester Croom, by the way. He is by all accounts a fine man and a pretty damned good football coach. He was extremly friendly and genuine the one time I had the pleasure of meeting him, before a Falcons game in Atlanta. I would be thrilled to have Sly as our coach, because he's a very discliplined and principled man, and because I think he'll be a fine leader to the boys on our team. I also think he'll be a damn fine football coach. His head Coach at Green Bay agrees with me.

I'd be just as thrilled to have Mike Shula, who is young and energetic, and by all accounts another disciplined and principled man. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Mike, but I have met his father, an NFL Coach of some repute, and he was funny and very friendly. I cannot imagine that the apple fell too far from the tree in that respect.  Mike's youth and enthusiasm would no doubt be infectious, and I think he'd be a fine leader to the boys on our team. I also think he'll make a damn fine football coach, and his Head Coach at Miami agrees with me.

I will support either man to the best of my ability, because either man can do the job and I think do it well.

Sorry if that wasn't the response you were looking for.

RF
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you known anything about the strip club he went to, Arety's Angels, You wouldn't be surprised with the quality of girl he left with. Why in the hell didn't he go to Sammy's or Babes?????
View Quote

No Shit! I thought the EXACT same thing when I read it was that dump.
I lived in Pensacola for 12 years.

RF
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, Hyd. It's obvious that I'm no auburn fan, but auburn is a DAMN sight better and more prestigious program than USM. That comment was just silly. Fact is, since Coach Bryant left, the series is about even, and given the nature of recruiting limits and parity these days, I doubt that either team will ever see the kind of dominance that Alabama enjoyed in that era in the future.

And to add: If auburn DON'T win at least the SEC West this season, someone will have some 'splainin' to do...

RF
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, Hyd. It's obvious that I'm no auburn fan, but auburn is a DAMN sight better and more prestigious program than USM. That comment was just silly. Fact is, since Coach Bryant left, the series is about even, and given the nature of recruiting limits and parity these days, I doubt that either team will ever see the kind of dominance that Alabama enjoyed in that era in the future.

And to add: If auburn DON'T win at least the SEC West this season, someone will have some 'splainin' to do...

RF
View Quote

Come on man!!
There are only 2 teams in the SEC that matter!
Alabama, and anyone who is playing against auburn!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And had the Pensacola incident been the extent of it, Price would still be the Coach. This incident was the last straw of many, and the firing came AFTER two warnings by the Administration to tone his public behavior down.
View Quote

Really? What else was/had he been doing? Clearly he didn't just start this BS at Bama. Had there not been some warnings from his previous job at Wash State?
View Quote

My sister-in-law (a knock-out) had been asked to be in some charity golf matches with Price. She was made to understand that certain favors were expected of her for allowing her to be in the match.

Needless to say she did not do the charity events.

One other thing. The yahoos at WSU thought this guys was a god (my attorney is on the board that picked him). So in their eye's he could do no wrong.

Go DAWGS

ED
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It sucks for my school, but I applaud President Witt for having the balls to do what he thought was right.

RF
View Quote

I agree, he did the right thing. Just as Bobby Knight should've been fired long before he was, IMO.

Personally, I'm rooting for Croom to get the job because he played for Bear. I remember the bust the other Shula was in Cincinatti. Of course, there's not too many success stories from the Bengals.         [}:D]

I hope Bama isn't hiring Shula just because of his name, just as Auburn did with little Bowden. The SEC needs a strong Bama again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hope Bama isn't hiring Shula just because of his name, just as Auburn did with little Bowden. The SEC needs a strong Bama again.
View Quote

I couldn't agree more with all of the above. Sly is, IMO, the better of those two choices, for a mulititude of reasons.

As of this AM, there are at least two more candidates that will be interviewed tomorrow. Dunno who they are, but rest assured I'm working on it...LOL.

RF
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]
"It's rolling Baby, it's rolling!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top