Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 7:18:49 PM EDT
thank you  thank you thank you   thank you!
firewall at work is systematically taking away every good site that i go to. ar15.com is gone, but mcuzi.com gets me in. the fal files was taken away from me also. in another thread,cav vet linked to the fal files with the word "here". i put that on my favorites and gave it a try. it gets me past the firewall and i'm in! woohooooooo!
i'm still bitter about ak-47 net. i paid $50 to join and before i was activated that damn firewall took that site away....bastards!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Its nice to have him back
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you try setting up a forward at www.tinyurl.com? the way it works is you put the real url for where you want to go into their text box, and they give you another completely different url that points to the one you set up. This way, I believe you might be able to get around your firewall, but I am not sure. Try it and see. It would at least get you into the first page...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah!  The joys of controlling the company firewall. . .[:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
why does mcuzi.com take me to arfcom?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
roflmao.......it really was nothing! :->

So instead of fal files, [url=http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php]here[/url]  works??

How about instead of arfkom, try  [url=www.ar15.com] this [/url]

It was your own persistance even through rejection that got you in... :->

Have a GREAT day sir!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
i tried that tinyurl deal just now. i clicked on the new url and the firewall picked it up but displayed it as the old url. the nights are veeeeeery long on my job, i'm hoping that i can figure out another way around. still can't bitch, i've recovered one site totally unexpected.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm partial to [url]http://www.castle-hams.com[/url] myself.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]

[url]www.jcarmory.com[/url]

[url]www.NJShoots.com[/url]

[url]www.Castle-Hams.com[/url]

[url]www.Gun-Talk.net[/url]

[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top