Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 3:47:29 PM EDT
If no WMD is found people will say the President lied about them. Would that be right?

Its the job of agencies like the CIA,DIA and the NSA to gather,analyze and brief the President on the intel they've collected. If they told him there was WMD is he still to blame?

Also what does this say about or Intelligence gathering?

Some folks might point out that the weapons inspectors weren't finding anything but whose word is the President most likely to take his own intelligence aperatus or some foreign inspection groups.

I'd say if he knew there were none before we went in he could be in trouble.

Is this a case of what the President knew and when he knew it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The Iraqis had four uninterrupted years to hide all of their WMDs.  We'll find them.  It will just take finding the right guy who is willing to spill the beans.  I suspect we'll get it by one of either our two well proven methods - a) squeezing their balls (figuratively) or b) offering them loads of cash.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Part of the confusion is the definition of a WMD with respect to a chemical warhead.

Why is this a confusion?  Because the Iraqis have had stability problems with chemical agents and therefore, did not inventory chemical weapons in a ready to use conditon.

Interestingly, the Iraqis were developing binary weapons before Gulf War I and the inspectors knew NOTHING about it.  

Why hide empty shells?  Why hide drums of what is suspected to be an agent but upon GC analysis, turns out to be "something other than a nerve/blister agent?  Why hide mobile Level A mixing facilities?  Answer to all?  THEY ARE ALL BANNED UNDER THE CEASE FIRE ACCORDS!

Go to FAS.ORG and read.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
1. I believe the President has been making decisions based on the best available evidence.

2. If he was mistaken about WMDs, I still believe we did the right thing.  The horror stories coming out of Iraq defy imagination.  The torture, rape, and murder.  I think it is possible to do the right thing for the wrong reason.

If no WMDs are found does anybody really thing the Iraqie people would want things to go back as they were?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top